Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com projects top 100 rookies for 2015
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492541/article/sudden-impact-projecting-top-100-nfl-rookies-of-2015

Four Bengals make the list in the link above:
74. Josh Shaw, CB
76. Tyler Kroft, TE
79. Marcus Hardison, DE
91. Mario Alford, WR

One pretty big, shocking omission though....PJ Dawson did not make the list!

Also, I feel that at least one Bengals rookie will be higher than 74th by the end of the year. I predict one Bengal at least in the top 25 by the end of the season.

Your thoughts?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-14-2015, 10:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492541/article/sudden-impact-projecting-top-100-nfl-rookies-of-2015

Four Bengals make the list in the link above:
74. Josh Shaw, CB
76. Tyler Kroft, TE
79. Marcus Hardison, DE
91. Mario Alford, WR

Also, I feel that at least one Bengals rookie will be higher than 74th by the end of the year. I predict one Bengal at least in the top 25 by the end of the season.

Your thoughts?

I'm thinking there will be an opportunity for Dawson to make an impact.
I was surprised he didn't make it as well..

I actually would've had him in the top 50 for Top 100 Rookies..
Dawson should easily be the most productive of this year's draft picks. He may not be the best in the long run, but he'll be the best in 2015.

I think Shaw will do really well too.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

I think that if reports are correct and Dawson is "another" Vontaze Burfict, he'll use that slight to show people how wrong they are.

Of course, that works 100% in our favor...ThumbsUp
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

I'm expecting Jake Fisher to come up big when there are injuries on the offensive line.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
(05-14-2015, 01:26 PM)Toy Cannon Wrote: I'm expecting Jake Fisher to come up big when there are injuries on the offensive line.

Even without injury, he will play in jumbo roles, and will make an impact in the run game!
I predict that in 3 years, this draft will be one of the most productive of all of the teams out there and that the grade will be changed from B+ to straight up A++++
(05-14-2015, 02:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I predict that in 3 years, this draft will be one of the most productive of all of the teams out there and that the grade will be changed from B+ to straight up A++++
Yea this draft is one of my favorites at least in the past five seasons. I was at least satisfied with every pick and thrilled with most of them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(05-14-2015, 10:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Four Bengals make the list in the link above:
74. Josh Shaw, CB
76. Tyler Kroft, TE
79. Marcus Hardison, DE
91. Mario Alford, WR

Your thoughts?

I agree that one will be higher than 74 at the end, but I think this is a good list for now. Don't know who you would put higher than that without it being a total guess except maybe Dawson, and I could see him playing at a DROY level or not playing at all at this point so I wouldn't put him in the top 50. I'd take Hardison off, and put Dawson on in the 50-60 range.

Overall we have more than our share listed in the top 100 (and neither of our first two picks are listed which isn't surprising) which really shows how deep our draft was. I really like this draft a lot better than I did after the first round. I don't expect a huge impact this season from it, but in the next 2-3 years it will be really fun to watch these guys develop and work their way into the starting lineup.
I expect Hardison to be inactive unless there are injuries.

I expect Tate will beat out Alford. Tate is one of those players, I won't believe he's gone until I see his name removed from the roster. lol
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
(05-14-2015, 04:41 PM)Toy Cannon Wrote: I expect Hardison to be inactive unless there are injuries.

I expect Tate will beat out Alford.  Tate is one of those players, I won't believe he's gone until I see his name removed from the roster. lol

Even then I won't sleep easy until he is picked up by another team.
I've got to say that I'm surprised that Hardison made the list. His write up makes him sound like a raw player who needs a little fine tuning. Also, how many snaps is he really going to get this year?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
The whole list in regards to the Bengals seems a bit odd. To me if anyone out of our draft picks were likely to get significant time this season I'd say it'd be Fisher, Dawson, Alford in that order. Fisher will have plenty of opportunities I'd imagine with the ability to slide inside. Someone will get hurt on the line at some point, and he should be one of the first off the bench.

Shaw? He'll see some ST snaps, but if he gets serious playing time things have gone way off the rails in front of him on the DC. Hall, Dennard, D-Kirk, & Pacman will all be in front of him at a minimum.

Same goes for Hardison. MJ, Dunlap, Gilberry, Clarke, & Hunt all would be in front of him.

Kroft should see some PT, but it still remains to be seen how much they'll really run a two TE set. When they do, how much will they be throwing in his direction over Eifert and other options?

Alford has a shot as a return guy. But I'd be shocked if he got serious reps this season in the slot. Again, unless injuries massacre the depth in front of him.

I'm not suggesting that any of these guys won't be solid, but I have a feeling when they were throwing that list together they just looked at the Bengals' picks and grabbed the first three that would make them look clever if they were right.
People forget that the guys making these lists are human and as humans forget things from time to time.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
(05-14-2015, 08:42 PM)Gordon Fishsticks Wrote: People forget that the guys making these lists are human and as humans forget things from time to time.

tsss Gordon Fishsticks

what're you a gay fish or sumpthin?

jus chippin ya, pal