Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com's 4 round mock draft
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107680/article/fourround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-six-trades-shake-up-round-1

Round 1: Joe Burrow QB LSU
Round 2: Zach Baun LB Wisconsin
Round 3: Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
Round 4: Darnay Holmes DB UCLA

I was SO on board with this mock draft through the first 3 rounds. You got your day 1 starter at QB, LB and RT right off the bat.

Where he completely loses me is in the 4th round. Why are we taking a CB in the 4th round when we currently have Jackson, Dre, Waynes, Alexander, Phillips and a cadre of solid options for 5th and 6th corner on the roster already? Especially when players such as Lucas Niang, Netane Muti, Antonio Gandy-Golden, John Simpson, Tyler Biadasz and K.J. Hill still on the board?

A mainstream website was so close to giving us a good mock draft haha.

So close.
Reply/Quote
You are right, those first 3 rounds look great. Perhaps they were just throwing in a typical "Bengals screw up" in with that 4th round pick?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I now think Baun will be the pick at #33 unless Queen is there. DB in 4th sounds like a lazy pick. But the Rest looks about right.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
It's like they put thought into the first three picks and then said, F*** it, it's the Bengals.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 07:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107680/article/fourround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-six-trades-shake-up-round-1

Round 1: Joe Burrow QB LSU
Round 2: Zach Baun LB Wisconsin
Round 3: Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
Round 4: Darnay Holmes DB UCLA

I was SO on board with this mock draft through the first 3 rounds. You got your day 1 starter at QB, LB and RT right off the bat.

Where he completely loses me is in the 4th round. Why are we taking a CB in the 4th round when we currently have Jackson, Dre, Waynes, Alexander, Phillips and a cadre of solid options for 5th and 6th corner on the roster already? Especially when players such as Lucas Niang, Netane Muti, Antonio Gandy-Golden, John Simpson, Tyler Biadasz and K.J. Hill still on the board?

A mainstream website was so close to giving us a good mock draft haha.

So close.
I agreed with you but then I saw how Michael Robinson soley picked him out as the DB who impressed him the most at the combine. He went back and looked at the tape and said this dude from UCLA who's a willing tackler and makes plays could be a starting slot CB. So, if he's there in the 4th round, it's probably not a reach pick. But, I agree with other guys there in other positions that you mentioned like an Antonio Golden who I love, I'd be taking him over Holmes all day.
Reply/Quote
If those 3 picks work out Duke Tobin becomes a genius again.

I don't know how we pick a CB in this draft, but even the simulators I let do all our picks are giving us a CB in the 5th.

I think if those 3 are the first selections, and KJ hamler is sitting there waiting to be picked I think he's the guy. He's a mismatch on the field and we can use his speed if Ross can't stay on the field.

I think we would be in the market for a TE also. Only carrying 2 right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 10:09 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If those 3 picks work out Duke Tobin becomes a genius again.

I don't know how we pick a CB in this draft, but even the simulators I let do all our picks are giving us a CB in the 5th.

I think if those 3 are the first selections, and KJ hamler is sitting there waiting to be picked I think he's the guy. He's a mismatch on the field and we can use his speed if Ross can't stay on the field.

I think we would be in the market for a TE also. Only carrying 2 right now.

Have 4 guys at TE on the roster.

Mason Schrek (love this kid)
Drew Sample
C.J. Uzomah
Jordan Franks

And a 5th in RFA Cethan Carter who will be back.

TE is fine, need to actually use some of these guys and see what we have, hell they barely used a healthy Eifert last year, and the Rams Offense doesn't target the TE much. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The first 3 line up with my own mocks. At 4, I would like to see us take Akeem Gaither-Davis, the LB out of App State. The CB pick in 4 suggest NFL.com hasn't kept up with our FA signings.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 03:33 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Have 4 guys at TE on the roster.

Mason Schrek (love this kid)
Drew Sample
C.J. Uzomah
Jordan Franks

And a 5th in RFA Cethan Carter who will be back.

TE is fine, need to actually use some of these guys and see what we have, hell they barely used a healthy Eifert last year, and the Rams Offense doesn't target the TE much. 

2 of those guys haven’t done anything.

Cut 2, draft a guy who fits zacs offfense and sign someone else
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 09:58 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I agreed with you but then I saw how Michael Robinson soley picked him out as the DB who impressed him the most at the combine. He went back and looked at the tape and said this dude from UCLA who's a willing tackler and makes plays could be a starting slot CB. So, if he's there in the 4th round, it's probably not a reach pick. But, I agree with other guys there in other positions that you mentioned like an Antonio Golden who I love, I'd be taking him over Holmes all day.

Oh yea, he definitely isn't a reach in the 4th round. I've mocked Holmes to us in the 3rd/4th in simulations before free agency.

But after signing Waynes and Alexander, I just think it's an inappropriate use of resources to pick a guy who would probably not play a meaningful snap in 2020 when there is a few players that could start on our Oline today sitting there.

Alexander and Jackson are only signed through 2020, so it's not a horrific idea to draft a CB (similar to how we're often mocking receivers despite him being our 5th WR in his rookie year), but I just think getting a starting guard in Biadasz in the 4th round is too good too pass up for a 6th CB for one, or more, years if we resign Jackson and Alexander next off season.
Reply/Quote
Alexander, Jackson, and the dude we just picked up from the Titans are one year deals. Drafting a CB especially in the 4th wouldn't be lazy at all.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 12:19 PM)J24 Wrote: Alexander, Jackson, and the dude we just picked up from the Titans are one year deals. Drafting a CB especially in the 4th wouldn't be lazy at all.

Even if we didn't sign any of them next year, which I don't think is likely, and signed no more free agent CBs in their stead, which is even more unlikely, the best Holmes would be in his 2nd year, 2021, is our 4th CB.

If I'm given the choice of signing the 6th CB of 2020 and 4th CB of 2021 or the 1st or 2nd RG of 2020 and 2021, I think the decision is extremely easy.

That's why I consider it lazy.
Reply/Quote
I had actually started a mock and my first 2 picks were Burrow and then Baun. I had Niang in 3rd and Gandy-Golden in the 4th. Damn it now I gotta start over.
Reply/Quote