Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL decides Bryant catch was 'no good'
Utter and complete BS to say that Shazier did not target Gio with his helmet. Clear violation of an express rule.
NFL has no credibility and the officials are the worst in all professional sports.

Utter crap which they better get under control or there will be a riot at one of these games. You cannot have one team beating the hell out of an other team's players during the play or after whistle blows - like DeCastro on Burfict -while flagging the other team for similar or less egregious plays.

I would like to see the Head of Officials of NFL on TV with an aggressive reporter explain how Shazier's hit with his helmet outside the box as Gio turned was less vicious and harmful than Burfict leading with his pads on a receiver who intentionally put his head down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lol NFL keep getting better
Reply/Quote
The sad part is we look like sore losers when posting, commenting stuff like this in other environments. I don't GAF, I still post it. A friend of mine is a Steelres photographer, and he just posted a photo of Tomlin firing Shazier up before "making the biggest play of the game". Mofo...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:36 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Utter and complete BS to say that Shazier did not target Gio with his helmet. Clear violation of an express rule.
NFL has no credibility and the officials are the worst in all professional sports.

Utter crap which they better get under control or there will be a riot at one of these games. You cannot have one team beating the hell out of an other team's players during the play or after whistle blows - like DeCastro on Burfict -while flagging the other team for similar or less egregious plays.

I would like to see the Head of Officials of NFL on TV with an aggressive reporter explain how Shazier's hit with his helmet outside the box as Gio turned was less vicious and harmful than Burfict leading with his pads on a receiver who intentionally put his head down.

Which one is more viscious isn't important.

The fact that it is the very definition of the crown of the helmet rule is the issue.

Their statement is that it was legal because "he didn't line him up".  Then how did he squarely hit a target whose motion was vertical?  It must have been the luckiest tackle in history, as he apparently wasn't aiming anywhere near him but managed to blow him up!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gosh Dammit! If we had half competent refs then we'd all be getting ready to watch a Bengals game in 35 minutes.   Mad
Reply/Quote
The key issue here is the line up, and when we’re talking about angles, and the players are moving at different angles, where you have Bernard is moving in this direction, Shazier is moving in this direction, then we don’t have the line up. You’re really dealing with the players moving in the same direction towards each other when this rule would apply. The theory being, when players are moving at angles, they don’t have as much opportunity to avoid that contact.

So, as long as you're not coming straight on or you come in at an angle, I guess you can just kill someone and there shouldn't be a flag.

Seems legit. 
Reply/Quote