Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL denies Cowboys' request to wear decal honoring fallen Dallas officers
The NFL denied the Dallas Cowboys’ request to wear a decal on their helmets during the season that would have paid tribute to the five police officers killed last month in an ambush.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/08/12/nfl-denies-cowboys-request-to-wear-decal-honoring-fallen-dallas-officers.html

Of course, all the NFL cares about is money, Goodell is selfish
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I believe their response was that it opens up teams to having any decal on their helmet or logo on their uniform that is not NFL related, something that could eventually cause issues.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but usually it is limited to teams honoring people within the NFL community (dead owners or players, etc).
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes but they allowed Beyoncé to push her BLM agenda and they allowed players on the Rams to walk out with their hands up...
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 06:11 PM)Trademark Wrote: Yes but they allowed Beyoncé to push her BLM agenda and they allowed players on the Rams to walk out with their hands up...

Very different things and characterizing this as things they "allowed" is dishonest. The first is a halftime performance. The second was something players chose to do in the heat of the moment, not something the NFL approves ahead of time. 

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 06:11 PM)Trademark Wrote: Yes but they allowed Beyoncé to push her BLM agenda

WTF?

Confused
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 07:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?

Confused

One of her newer songs made references to police brutality and this
[Image: 30328462.sf.jpg]
It wasn't a big deal for most people

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 09:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: One of her newer songs made references to police brutality and this
[Image: 30328462.sf.jpg]
It wasn't a big deal for most people

That was an homage to the Black Power movement of the 60's, not BLM.  And she never mentioned police violence during the halftime as far as I could tell.

Kind of surprised that Trademark wasn't crying about Bruno and the Chili Peppers political statement about gay rights

[Image: red-hot-chili-peppers-super-bowl-halftim...-video.jpg] 

Hilarious Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 05:46 PM)Trademark Wrote: Of course, all the NFL cares about is money, Goodell is selfish

(08-12-2016, 06:11 PM)Trademark Wrote: Yes but they allowed Beyoncé to push her BLM agenda and they allowed players on the Rams to walk out with their hands up...

So how exactly did Goodell make more money from the BLM agenda and letting players raise their hands than he would from allowing a decal to honor fallen police?

Seems that you are not really concerned about the financial aspects at all.  Gee, I wonder what you are really upset about? Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 10:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That was an homage to the Black Power movement of the 60's, not BLM.  And she never mentioned police violence during the halftime as far as I could tell.

It's all the same for some people.

Reply/Quote