Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL does mock draft
Saw it scrolling on ESPN. They did a mock draft to test the system.  Guess where they had an issue.

That's right--on the Bengals first pick.   The lengths folks will go to keep Joe Burrow from being a Bengal. LOL.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:09 PM)McC Wrote: Saw it scrolling on ESPN. They did a mock draft to test the system.  Guess where they had an issue.

That's right--on the Bengals first pick.   The lengths folks will go to keep Joe Burrow from being a Bengal. LOL.

There were two issues; bandwidth (which means things were choppy and incoherent, most-likely) and, "people forgot to mute their phones."

The latter happens in literally every single conference call I've been on in my life, so that isn't a big deal at all.

I'm not worried; it will go VERY smoothly, just you wait Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:09 PM)McC Wrote: Saw it scrolling on ESPN. They did a mock draft to test the system.  Guess where they had an issue.

Yep, Duke kept trying to click the trade button and it didn't work
Reply/Quote
Ffs. It's called a phone.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I saw Mel's Mock the other day which is who I give a damn about.

Burrow and Josh Jones were the first two picks. Love it.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw Mel's Mock the other day which is who I give a damn about.

Dayyyyumm!  I was thinking if they wanted a RT, they could get a good one in the 3rd or 4th round.  But, if they want to go that big for a permanent solution, I'm all for it!

Just realize that in 4 years, the Bengals would have both OTs on contract years, in the same year..  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw Mel's Mock the other day which is who I give a damn about.

(04-20-2020, 06:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dayyyyumm!  I was thinking if they wanted a RT, they could get a good one in the 3rd or 4th round.  But, if they want to go that big for a permanent solution, I'm all for it!

Just realize that in 4 years, the Bengals would have both OTs on contract years, in the same year..  Mellow

Jones or Wilson, I'd be cool with and thensome.

Both tackles and our QB, most-likely...
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:50 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Yep, Duke kept trying to click the trade button and it didn't work

I believe that button is labeled the "Get ur ass fired" button.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: There were two issues; bandwidth (which means things were choppy and incoherent, most-likely) and, "people forgot to mute their phones."

The latter happens in literally every single conference call I've been on in my life, so that isn't a big deal at all.

I'm not worried; it will go VERY smoothly, just you wait Wink

Remember the hand wringing over Y2K?  The uninformed were acting like life as we knew it would end.  Those of us programming for a living were fixing code since the 1980's to be Y2K compliant.  This virtual draft will go smoothly since they've had and IT eternity, 2 months, to prepare for a smooth three days.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 07:11 PM)McC Wrote: I believe that button is labeled the "Get ur ass fired" button.

The problem was not on the team end.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 06:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dayyyyumm!  I was thinking if they wanted a RT, they could get a good one in the 3rd or 4th round.  But, if they want to go that big for a permanent solution, I'm all for it!

Not ideal, but if Jonah is who they hope they could pick up his 5th year option so they aren’t trying to re-sign both in the same year.
Reply/Quote

Honestly at this point, if they manage to get 2 starting OTs that  are good enough to worry us when their deals expire, I'll be pretty okay with it.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 07:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Not ideal, but if Jonah is who they hope they could pick up his 5th year option so they aren’t trying to re-sign both in the same year.

They would both come due, in the same year.  Jonah was a first round selection, last year.  Signed to a 5 year deal.  Potential Tackle to be drafted at top of 2nd round would only be able to sign for a maximum of 4 years, effectively putting both of them in the final year of each of their respective deals in the same season.  (Unless one of them is extended prior, optimally you would think you know enough about Jonah by the end of his 3rd season)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They would both come due, in the same year.  Jonah was a first round selection, last year.  Signed to a 5 year deal.  Potential Tackle to be drafted at top of 2nd round would only be able to sign for a maximum of 4 years, effectively putting both of them in the final year of each of their respective deals in the same season.  (Unless one of them is extended prior, optimally you would think you know enough about Jonah by the end of his 3rd season)

4 year deal, with option year Wink.

Burrow (if we pick him) would be at year 4 and that's prime time for an extension, especially if he lights it up like he should.
Reply/Quote
Good they are testing it. Working out the bugs. John Elway said it went pretty well other than some glitches.
Reply/Quote
Mike Browns dial up was too slow? I’m sure that was the problem.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 08:49 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Mike Browns dial up was too slow? I’m sure that was the problem.

Wonder if he upgraded to 56K yet
Reply/Quote

Hey brother, gotta pay to be the best sometimes.

Nothing would surprise me after this FA man.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 08:49 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Mike Browns dial up was too slow? I’m sure that was the problem.

They were trying to figure how to operate the phone and the internet at the same time.
Reply/Quote
Weird how all the things the Bengals can legitimately be blamed for are not enough to make tired jokes about. They get to be blamed for the mighty NFL's **** up too.

Reply/Quote