Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL does mock draft
Didn't hear about it. Did they have a hard time figuring how to launch the draft and simultaneously have all media outlets skip to a break?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 10:52 PM)McC Wrote: Weird how all the things the Bengals can legitimately be blamed for are not enough to make tired jokes about. They get to be blamed for the mighty NFL's **** up too.

Right? They go out and spend 130 million in FA and our fans are still talking about dial up, and Chevy Lumina’s...

Reply/Quote
Why don't they just do it on ESPN software? Lol

Also any news if they planned to add 3 extra rounds?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: There were two issues; bandwidth (which means things were choppy and incoherent, most-likely) and, "people forgot to mute their phones."

The latter happens in literally every single conference call I've been on in my life, so that isn't a big deal at all.

I'm not worried; it will go VERY smoothly, just you wait Wink

I'm still going to be nervous AF until they announce his name.  I am so afraid there is a "Godfather Deal" the Bengals accept and watch Burrow with 5 Super bowls somewhere else.  

When I see his name, I will sit down with a bourbon and enjoy the rest of the night.  
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 08:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm still going to be nervous AF until they announce his name.  I am so afraid there is a "Godfather Deal" the Bengals accept and watch Burrow with 5 Super bowls somewhere else.  

When I see his name, I will sit down with a bourbon and enjoy the rest of the night.  

If we don't take Burrow he is probably going to Miami, DC, or Detroit. He probably isn't going to be able to win much on his rookie deal in any of those places. 

At any rate, I sure hope our 85 year old GM isn't actually running that "internet box" to make the pick.  Do you MB still uses a bunch of free AOL online disks he saved from the 90s?

Hardy har
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 09:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If we don't take Burrow he is probably going to Miami, DC, or Detroit. He probably isn't going to be able to win much on his rookie deal in any of those places. 

At any rate, I sure hope our 85 year old GM isn't actually running that "internet box" to make the pick.  Do you MB still uses a bunch of free AOL online disks he saved from the 90s?

Hardy har

I heard one of the betting sites is giving -10000 that he will not be the first overall pick.  He is going to be a Bengal.  I know that means a team could still trade up and take him #1, but I seriously doubt it.  He will be our QB for many, many years...
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 06:29 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why don't they just do it on ESPN software? Lol

Also any news if they planned to add 3 extra rounds?

My fantasy football drafts run pretty smoothly through the Yahoo app... Maybe they should just do that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 09:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If we don't take Burrow he is probably going to Miami, DC, or Detroit. He probably isn't going to be able to win much on his rookie deal in any of those places. 

Hardy har

Netzero free dial up
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:19 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Netzero free dial up

Windows 3.1?  Side note, I spent over an hour yesterday playing Atari 5200 games. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Windows 3.1?  Side note, I spent over an hour yesterday playing Atari 5200 games. 

That explains a lot
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 03:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right? They go out and spend 130 million in FA and our fans are still talking about dial up, and Chevy Lumina’s...

I mean, it is warranted. The Shaun Rodgers debacle, charging players for Gatorade and televisions, the towel BS, the stubborn refusal to build an indoor practice facility...

This offseason has been a welcome change, but they’ve still got a ways to go to prove they’re willing to sustain this as the new norm.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:04 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I mean, it is warranted. The Shaun Rodgers debacle, charging players for Gatorade and televisions, the towel BS, the stubborn refusal to build an indoor practice facility...

This offseason has been a welcome change, but they’ve still got a ways to go to prove they’re willing to sustain this as the new norm.

Ancient history.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:01 AM)sandwedge Wrote: That explains a lot

Yeah about why I'm so awesome. Duh.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ancient history.

I’m hoping.

I do find it encouraging that after only one year Coach Taylor has been more aggressive in free agency than Marvin ever was in 16 years.

Either Mikey has completely relinquished control, he’s changed his ways, or he trusts Taylor enough to give him the reigns early. In any case, it’s better than it was before... I just hope it stays that way.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 11:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: ThumbsUp
Yeah about why I'm so awesome. Duh.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 10:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Windows 3.1?  Side note, I spent over an hour yesterday playing Atari 5200 games. 

LOL   I played Intellivision with my kids last night.
Reply/Quote
Seriously when I heard we had an issue, in my mind I could hear the annoying modem dial in then "Hello" then "You've got mail".
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 01:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: LOL   I played Intellivision with my kids last night.

Radical!
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:09 PM)McC Wrote:   The lengths folks will go to keep Joe Burrow from being a Bengal. LOL.

"Well, it sounded like the Bengals just used the first pick on Joel Burlowe, a back up punter from Utah State.  Redskins are on the clock."
Reply/Quote
Zac said the mock was scripted 'so there wouldn't be any mind games' and went smoothly after the initial hiccup - with the top 16 picks being traded - to make sure things worked properly.
Reply/Quote