Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL eliminates Munchaks fine, admits they were wrong
(03-14-2016, 10:27 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Mellow

Oh.....you mean you really weren't being sarcastic and drinking? Confused Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 01:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh.....you mean you really weren't being sarcastic and drinking? Confused Mellow

Nope.  

I'll be surprised if they rescind Porter's fine, but this one didn't surprise me.  First of all, Munchak has zero history with such things.  It's waaaay out of character for him to do something like that intentionally.  And if you watch the video again, you'll see that another coach had already fallen down right behind Munchak, something I think he was aware of because the fallen guy's foot touched his leg, and may have kicked it out from under him. It's hard to tell from that angle, but I think Munchak may have only been on one foot when he grabbed the arm.  

Anything is possible when it comes to that game, so I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that he did it on purpose, but I do think it's likely that he was just trying to keep his balance and not fall on top of that other guy, or maybe to steer Nelson away from stepping on him.  

As for the hair pull, he clearly had a handful of papers in the hand that did it. It's kind of hard to grab something when you already have other things in that same hand. I think that was an accidental hooking.

[Image: nelson-munchak-wide.0.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 02:59 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Nope.  

I'll be surprised if they rescind Porter's fine, but this one didn't surprise me.  First of all, Munchak has zero history with such things.  It's waaaay out of character for him to do something like that intentionally.  And if you watch the video again, you'll see that another coach had already fallen down right behind Munchak, something I think he was aware of because the fallen guy's foot touched his leg, and may have kicked it out from under him. It's hard to tell from that angle, but I think Munchak may have only been on one foot when he grabbed the arm.  

Anything is possible when it comes to that game, so I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that he did it on purpose, but I do think it's likely that he was just trying to keep his balance and not fall on top of that other guy, or maybe to steer Nelson away from stepping on him.  

Gotta say that from THAT angle it looks like a little of both.  They bumped into each other and Coach tried to stop a harder collision and then kind of tried to pull him away from going at #30 while keeping his balance.

I still think the hair pull was accidental and it is much ado about nothing but I understand why the flag was thrown.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
[Image: guy-eating-popcorn-15568418.jpg]

He's basically a bad ass and the NFL finally recognized it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 01:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Welcome to Smack Talk!

The door to Jungle Noise is over there....way over there....nowhere near here.

Rock On

Speaking of Jungle Noise, I had to go take a peek and see what the homers are saying, and it's just about full meltdown mode over there. The consensus is predictably that the league is favoring the Steelers. Hilarious since many of the complainers were the same ones touting the reduction in Ms Pac Mans fine as an admission of a mistake. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 01:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What reality? That he didn't actually grab and pull him?

The reality that the moral victory from the reduction in Jones' fine was empty, hollow, and meaningless. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 03:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: guy-eating-popcorn-15568418.jpg]

He's basically a bad ass and the NFL finally recognized it.

Truth. I'm starting to see the way. All along, I thought this was pure BS. After further review, I believe he may of truly saved his life. Can you imagine him falling into the bench? Or talking smack to the WR? Starting to realize the NFL actually has the players and fans best interest in mind, so I need to be thankful they are there to make sure things are on the up and up. I mean they have been sooooo consistent with theirs punishment thus far, I need to let the pros handle this 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

As for the hair pull, he clearly had a handful of papers in the hand that did it.  It's kind of hard to grab something when you already have other things in that same hand.  I think that was an accidental hooking.  

looks to me like when they collided, number 20 on the bengals was about to head over and talk smack to number 30 on pitt, and munchak grabbed him and pulled him, and just happened to get his hair?

should he have done that, no. But it looks like the league there was no real malice in it on his part, hence why they rescinded the fine
People suck
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 03:22 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Speaking of Jungle Noise, I had to go take a peek and see what the homers are saying, and it's just about full meltdown mode over there. The consensus is predictably that the league is favoring the Steelers. Hilarious since many of the complainers were the same ones touting the reduction in Ms Pac Mans fine as an admission of a mistake. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.  

You made me look!  Dangit!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 05:01 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The eliminted fine on Mike Munchak from 100,000 to 0, which is basically just the NFL admitting that the refs ****ed up:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2624436-mike-munchaks-fine-for-reggie-nelson-altercation-rescinded-details-reaction

LMAO

LOL...Great Move NFL..Let's just fuel the hatred more until someone is killed in this series. That would be great for NFL ratings Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

As for the hair pull, he clearly had a handful of papers in the hand that did it.  It's kind of hard to grab something when you already have other things in that same hand.  I think that was an accidental hooking.  

(03-14-2016, 03:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Gotta say that from THAT angle it looks like a little of both.  They bumped into each other and Coach tried to stop a harder collision and then kind of tried to pull him away from going at #30 while keeping his balance.

I still think the hair pull was accidental and it is much ado about nothing but I understand why the flag was thrown.

(03-14-2016, 05:04 PM)Griever Wrote: looks to me like when they collided, number 20 on the bengals was about to head over and talk smack to number 30 on pitt, and munchak grabbed him and pulled him, and just happened to get his hair?

should he have done that, no. But it looks like the league there was no real malice in it on his part, hence why they rescinded the fine

Hilarious 

Had he not grabbed his harm (and his hair was well), and tried to sling him away toward the bench, you guys may have had a point. Mellow  Reggie Nelson also has no history of such things, and isn't a big smack talker.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 05:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL...Great Move NFL..Let's just fuel the hatred more until someone is killed in this series. That would be great for NFL ratings Sarcasm

You are all for "good clean hits" even if the player gets hurt.  Why do you care if they took back the fine? Are the Bengals gonna be "more" mad that they blew their best chance to win a playoff game in years?
Reply/Quote
Obviously pulled Reggie by the hair and arm and tried to sling him. Bunch of hair pullers.

Goodell is sweet on you guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 05:04 PM)Griever Wrote: looks to me like when they collided, number 20 on the bengals was about to head over and talk smack to number 30 on pitt, and munchak grabbed him and pulled him, and just happened to get his hair?

100% on point.  As usual, idiot commentators make something up to stir the pot and loser fans desperate to grasp onto excuses take the bait.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Hey fellas... Reggie Nelson isn't a Bengal anymore; so **** him and whatever that coach's name is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 08:54 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: 100% on point.  As usual, idiot commentators make something up to stir the pot and loser fans desperate to grasp onto excuses take the bait.

The old "open hand, open finger hair pull" is a real thing in Cincy apparently.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 08:54 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: 100% on point.  As usual, idiot commentators make something up to stir the pot and loser fans desperate to grasp onto excuses take the bait.

yeah shame on me for bringing in logic and critical thinking to the conversation

my bad Ninja
People suck
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 06:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hilarious 

Had he not grabbed his harm (and his hair was well), and tried to sling him away toward the bench, you guys may have had a point. Mellow  Reggie Nelson also has no history of such things, and isn't a big smack talker.

Personally, I don't think Nelson did anything wrong here.  All he did was react to what he thought was aggression from Munchak.  I also don't think Munchak was trying to stop Nelson from smack talking Todman (the Steeler player).  Munchak never even looks in Todman's direction to see him over there.  But I do think that he was aware of the coach who had fallen behind him, because I think they made contact with each other.  Watch the clip - right before he grabs Nelson, his right foot is right up against the fallen coach.  He still has a bit of momentum left at that point, but he can't step back any  further because he knows about the guy on his butt behind him.  So, he grabs on to Nelson in an attempt to stabilize himself and avoid falling.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:21 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Personally, I don't think Nelson did anything wrong here.  All he did was react to what he thought was aggression from Munchak.  I also don't think Munchak was trying to stop Nelson from smack talking Todman (the Steeler player).  Munchak never even looks in Todman's direction to see him over there.  But I do think that he was aware of the coach who had fallen behind him, because I think they made contact with each other.  Watch the clip - right before he grabs Nelson, his right foot is right up against the fallen coach.  He still has a bit of momentum left at that point, but he can't step back any  further because he knows about the guy on his butt behind him.  So, he grabs on to Nelson in an attempt to stabilize himself and avoid falling.

That would make sense.....if it were not for that pesky motion of pulling his arm (and hair) toward the bench area, as if trying to sling him.....no sure what was going on in Munchak's head there, but it wasn't good intentions.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:21 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Personally, I don't think Nelson did anything wrong here.  All he did was react to what he thought was aggression from Munchak.  I also don't think Munchak was trying to stop Nelson from smack talking Todman (the Steeler player).  Munchak never even looks in Todman's direction to see him over there.  But I do think that he was aware of the coach who had fallen behind him, because I think they made contact with each other.  Watch the clip - right before he grabs Nelson, his right foot is right up against the fallen coach.  He still has a bit of momentum left at that point, but he can't step back any  further because he knows about the guy on his butt behind him.  So, he grabs on to Nelson in an attempt to stabilize himself and avoid falling.

I don't think he was worried about the fallen coach. It seemed he was more, keeping Nelson from going towards someone instead of the other way, back to the field. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote