Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL "franchise"
(11-26-2019, 12:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It might be possible that the NFL is letting MB fade out with his mantra intact but would put the boots to Katie and Troy to modernize a bit once he's gone if they don't do so.  It's pretty hard to imagine Mike Brown dying, Katie inheriting the team and then making herself the GM for the next 35 years like her ol' man did.

That seems like an antiquated business model that was grandfathered in and tolerated with Mike Brown and Al Davis.  The NFL is an oligopoly, and I can see them compelling teams to hold up what they'd deem to be bare standards of operation, and actually appointing a GM could become a minimum standard of operation.

All im saying here is if  McDonalds franchise was serving up some really bad burgers, well out of the quality range of the other Franchises I would Imagine there are some protocols in place. Not so much in NFL. I think Ill goto the bank and see if I can qualify for a 2B loan to make an offer to MB to sell. Its guaranteed $ money maker, and YOU DONT HAVE TO WIN OR EVEN LOOK GOOD..maybe banks would go for it?  LOL 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 05:31 PM)kalibengal Wrote: All im saying here is if  McDonalds franchise was serving up some really bad burgers, well out of the quality range of the other Franchises I would Imagine there are some protocols in place. Not so much in NFL. I think Ill goto the bank and see if I can qualify for a 2B loan to make an offer to MB to sell. Its guaranteed $ money maker, and YOU DONT HAVE TO WIN OR EVEN LOOK GOOD..maybe banks would go for it?  LOL 

Yes, but the NFL is an oligopoly with revenue sharing, so when an owner like MB pulls in less revenue than other owners it lessens the earning potential of everyone involved.

Can you or I or Carson Palmer make Mike Brown stop being so lazy?  No.  Can the other 31 billionaires who vote on everything that goes on in the NFL?  Maybe. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Short of costing the league itself billions of dollars a week nothing is going to change. The bengals could in fact play to a completely empty stadium and not much would change unless the networks decided to completely stop showing them on game days, but since the opposing teams will win and their fans will watch nothing will change. Mike Brown would have to make such agregios statements on race, gender or some other issue that millions around the nation would protest. Short of that...crickets.. Fans around the country are just not going to protest lousy play or mismanagement.. It's not AS IF Mike Brown can drag our nation into a war or something.. On the other hand, perhaps if bengal fans filled the stadium and pelted the field relentlessly with eggs, trash and anything else that could disrupt games they MIGHT take action..have everyone arrested most likely and Mikey boy would be seen as the victim.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 05:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can you or I or Carson Palmer make Mike Brown stop being so lazy?  No.  Can the other 31 billionaires who vote on everything that goes on in the NFL?  Maybe. 

I think you have that backwards.

Owners are competing with each other.  They want as many others to fail as possible.  They love having a consistently weak team to compete against.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cowboys owner is their GM as well.

Jerry also has multiple rings and the league’s most valuable franchise to show for his efforts. While by no means the epitome of a GM, Jerruh is light years ahead of Mike Clown and his inept offspring.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Imagine if Harlow Bundy, one of the first manufacturers of time clocks that later became part of the backbone of IBM was still running IBM through his great, great, great grandkids and still making nothing but time clocks.. They could compete with the bengals in running a football team.. For all we know that's where Zac's time clocks idea originated..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you have that backwards.

Owners are competing with each other.  They want as many others to fail as possible.  They love having a consistently weak team to compete against.

The NFL is a revenue sharing oligopoly so I'd figure the owners that can't build their brand or fill their stadium come off as ungrateful leeches to the big money teams.  

I just can't imagine Mike Brown and Dan Snyder and the expansion Browns are super popular for being bad.  Would the NFL owners be upset if someone else bought the Bengals and started building the brand value and bringing more revenue to the collective pot?

I don't know the details, I just feel like more empty stadiums and failing franchises that are convincing their fans to turn off the TV and do yard work would concern other owners.  
Reply/Quote