Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL ignored Ken Riley
(02-08-2021, 01:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's absolute bs the NFL could miss such a player.  For a league that makes about 15 billion dollars a year in revenue there is absolutely zero excuse for such an oversight.

All that said, I do cringe a little bit when the Bengals complain about something like this.  Don't get me wrong, they should stand up for their player, and it's the right thing do to.  But coming from a team that refuses to honor their own players it comes across a little bit ironic for them to complain about others not doing it either.

If the Bengals are that concerned about honoring the legacy of Ken Riley then they could actually do something about it.  Honor him yourselves.  Build a Hall of Fame, or Ring of Honor.  There's not a single reason they can't or shouldn't do this.

Agree wholeheartedly, but at least they FINALLY told ol Shitsburgh Roger to stick it where the sun don't shine.

We lose a lot of games, but Detroit puts a few players in the Hall. The two Kens can't get in, and absolutely should be. This omission is totally classless on the part of the league.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 03:25 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Agree wholeheartedly, but at least they FINALLY told ol Shitsburgh Roger to stick it where the sun don't shine.

We lose a lot of games, but Detroit puts a few players in the Hall. The two Kens can't get in, and absolutely should be. This omission is totally classless on the part of the league.

And this is not even about a HoF snub. It’s the fact that the league literally didn’t even acknowledge the man’s passing. A 3x All Pro who’s top 5 in INT’s. It’s unforgivable, and I love that Elizabeth Blackburn (she’s making me more and more hopeful about the future all the time) called them out on it. I’m sure Ken’s family appreciates it, too.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 03:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And this is not even about a HoF snub. It’s the fact that the league literally didn’t even acknowledge the man’s passing. A 3x All Pro who’s top 5 in INT’s. It’s unforgivable, and I love that Elizabeth Blackburn (she’s making me more and more hopeful about the future all the time) called them out on it. I’m sure Ken’s family appreciates it, too.

Absolutely....and I haven't read much on Elizabeth, but I sure like her response here.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Eff the NFL for this. It starts at the top with the chief POS. Fifth in INTs when they didn’t throw nearly as much.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I use our small market as an excuse for a lot of different things. He may not end up with a bust in the HOF, but damn, the man died. Deserves at least a mention. Cost nothing and means something.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 03:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And this is not even about a HoF snub. It’s the fact that the league literally didn’t even acknowledge the man’s passing. A 3x All Pro who’s top 5 in INT’s. It’s unforgivable, and I love that Elizabeth Blackburn (she’s making me more and more hopeful about the future all the time) called them out on it. I’m sure Ken’s family appreciates it, too.

from Ken's son

Ken Riley II
@KenRileyII1
·
Feb 7
Thank you
@Bengals
for the support, it was truly disappointing! My father Ken Riley Sr is part of the NFL History. He is # 5 All Time on the Interception list but he was an even better Man!!! It is truly a crime he never got the recognition he deserved.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Absolute BS !
Reply/Quote
One step towards the NFL giving Ken Riley the recognition he deserves would be for the Bengals to step up and do it first. A ring of honor commemorating his contributions to the franchise and the NFL might spark conversations when people outside of Cincinnati watch them play during a MNF broadcast every other year. But, that shit costs money . . .
Reply/Quote
So I blame the franchise for a lot, being cheap, not scouting, not honoring the players and coaches that made this team what it was, however!

None of that, absolutely none of that, is an excuse by the NFL to total ignore a guy who ranks where Riley does in INTs. If they aren't aware of the history of their own game and that one of their greatest DB's passed away... then they just need to take Brady's tiny balls out of their mouth for a few minutes and close all their social media stuff down.

Absolutely unacceptable for the league to whiff on this.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 09:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So I blame the franchise for a lot, being cheap, not scouting, not honoring the players and coaches that made this team what it was, however!

None of that, absolutely none of that, is an excuse by the NFL to total ignore a guy who ranks where Riley does in INTs. If they aren't aware of the history of their own game and that one of their greatest DB's passed away... then they just need to take Brady's tiny balls out of their mouth for a few minutes and close all their social media stuff down.

Absolutely unacceptable for the league to whiff on this.

Holy shit, you really hate you some Tom Brady...lol

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 09:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Holy shit, you really hate you some Tom Brady...lol

Well... yes... but it was more about their Twitter page.

I went to see after the Bengals Tweet if anything would be addressed....

98% Tom Brady stuff. Almost a minor detail, that the team won the game... they literally have Brady holding the trophy up as the background photo... which is a trash look from the NFL... try not to show that much favoritism.

No where could I find a mention of them missing Ken Riley. 

I did see them retweet the death of Elder High School grad Chris Wesseling from the NFL Podscast.

Hence... my statement of removing his tiny balls from their mouths as there was more then 1 guy that won a game last night... but to see their feed, it was one guy that beat the Chiefs alone. When in reality... the Bucs D won that game and nowhere could they take a moment to add in a quick... hey we messed up statement on Riley.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 03:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: STILL top 5 after how many years out of the game? This is just pathetic....but it's ol Shitsburgh Roger Rooney, so I wouldn't expect anything less from that prick.

He has bitchnipples. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It's disappointing this happened, but unfortunately I cannot help but think our joke of an owner and ownership group brings this type of outcome to the city, franchise, and players. Hell, Brown can't even be bothered to retire numbers. It's not likely that Brown has a bad reputation among peers, he probably has no reputation. The Bengals are as insignificant as it gets in the NFL. May Burrow & company bring us better days.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 06:56 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Who's the least competent of these three names.
Pete Rozelle
Paul Tagliabue
Roger Goodell

Yes.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 05:35 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: As shitty as it is, it’s been 30 years since tge Bengals have been important. If they start winning again, the NFL may start respecting the Bengals and there past

The Rattler was 1 of the top DBs ever... This comment po'd me...
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 07:08 PM)Tony Wrote: The Rattler was 1 of the top DBs ever... This comment po'd me...

You know what really ought to grind your gears? The organization not taking steps to make a ring of honor to celebrate their own great players. What the nfl did was inexcusable, but so is not having a ring of honor.
Reply/Quote

I haven't forgot about him, here is a video I did on him.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 07:01 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote:

I haven't forgot about him, here is a video I did on him.

Nice.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2021, 10:19 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: You know what really ought to grind your gears? The organization not taking steps to make a ring of honor to celebrate their own great players. What the nfl did was inexcusable, but so is not having a ring of honor.

This isnt about a ring of honor... He should be in the hall of fame. Dude died and still doesn't get recognized  ..It's disgusting..
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 07:10 PM)Tony Wrote: This isnt about a ring of honor... He should be in the hall of fame. Dude died and still doesn't get recognized  ..It's disgusting..

Yup.

I was saddened that his life ended prior to induction in the HOF, but I was certain they would do what they did with Ken Stabler and induct him the year of his passing.  The fact they did not do so was bad enough (although that is not the fault of the NFL, rather the HOF voters), but for the league to then blatantly leave him out of the In Memoriam is disgusting.
Reply/Quote