Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL is seriously scripted
Look at this spot of the ball and you tell me the NFL isn’t scripted

https://bleacherreport.com/post/nfl/dc1dc75e-2dff-408b-a512-06f841dfd0e5?share=twitter
Reply/Quote
No, it's not. Inept at times? Sure. Scripted? no.
Reply/Quote
Could the refs be trying to fix games? Yes. But if you believe every player, coach, and owner is in on it, then you are kind of silly. There to many moving parts to and divided agendas for a conspiracy like that. Please take off the tinfoil hat.
Reply/Quote
Every little part scripted? Pretty much impossible.
The refs doing "little things" to help the favored team win? ABSOLUTELY.
Reply/Quote
NFL is exempt from Antitrust Laws and classified as sports entertainment just like the WWE and roller derby. The NFL has repeatedly used the “sports entertainment” defense in lawsuits and says it is not a genuinely contested sport. Obviously, they would never publicly say this but it can be found in specific court decisions. Or just listen to some former players comments:

"And we all know, now that we’re grown men, that wrestling’s fake. Well, football is not played like it was when I played." -- retired Houston Oilers RB and Hall of Famer Earl Campbell

"We're talking about a different NFL now ... before it was more about the game. Now it's such an entertainment business. It's turning into the WWE really. It's like the Vince McMahon stuff. Basically, [Roger] Goodell is like Vince McMahon." -- Cleveland Browns tackle Joe Thomas

"[The NFL is] like a spectacle of violence, for entertainment, and you're the actors in it. You're complicit in that: You put on the uniform. And it's a trivial thing at its core. It's make-believe, really. That's the truth about it."-- former 49ers linebacker Chris Borland, who retired after a single season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sadly i agree
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 09:01 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The NFL has repeatedly used the “sports entertainment” defense in lawsuits and says it is not a genuinely contested sport. Obviously, they would never publicly say this but it can be found in specific court decisions.

I don't know if you are trolling but this is not true at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know if you are trolling but this is not true at all.

http://thefixisin.net/theproof.html
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:57 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Every little part scripted?  Pretty much impossible.
The refs doing "little things" to help the favored team win? ABSOLUTELY.

Yes that yard and a half was totally the difference in this 33-18 game  Rolleyes

This was also inexplicably called a catch and fumble and upheld on review much to the announcers and Gene Steratore's bewilderment. 

https://youtu.be/AXTjj4Xuy_I?t=327
Reply/Quote
Scripted 100%? No, but the league DEFINITELY has a huge, fat thumb sitting on the scales during certain games that can potentially knock out the biggest money making teams.
I think they'll ignore games like us vs Tampa Bay, but us vs the Squats?  You betchum.. Right now KC has a very hot hand with Mahomes and he's going to get very favorable calls.  There's just too much money involved for me to possibly think it's all on the up and up    
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Skewed*

Certain teams and players are given preferential treatment over others.  It's just a fact.
Reply/Quote
Please tell me the Browns questioned that spot and it was overturned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 01:50 AM)grampahol Wrote:  There's just too much money involved for me to possibly think it's all on the up and up    

Actually the money making part of it is the main reason I believe the NFL is NOT fixed.

If it was about making money then the biggest market teams would be the biggest winners.  But when you rank the teams by the size of the cities this just does not happen.  Here are the top half of the league ranked by media market size.

Jets
Giants
49ers
Raiders
Bears
Patriots
Eagles
Panthers
Cowboys
Lions
Falcons
Texans
Redskins
Dolphins
Vikings 
Browns

Over the last 20 years only three of those teams have won a Super Bowl.   

Reply/Quote
Do I think it's fixed or scripted ? No

Do I think referee bias exists ? Absolutely
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 08:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Do I think it's fixed or scripted ? No

Do I think referee bias exists ? Absolutely

Hard to argue sometimes.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the money making part of it is the main reason I believe the NFL is NOT fixed.

If it was about making money then the biggest market teams would be the biggest winners.  But when you rank the teams by the size of the cities this just does not happen.  Here are the top half of the league ranked by media market size.

Jets
Giants
49ers
Raiders
Bears
Patriots
Eagles
Panthers
Cowboys
Lions
Falcons
Texans
Redskins
Dolphins
Vikings 
Browns

Over the last 20 years only three of those teams have won a Super Bowl.   

Fred, I agree. Also, wouldn’t it be in the financial interest of the league to have a wider variety of teams winning Super Bowls instead of a few teams winning over and over. You know, maintain high fan interest in more cities. The draft and scheduling aim for parity yet many believe the league is rigged for a few ‘chosen’ teams.

I don’t believe that happens because it’s not necessary, the league is hugely profitable regardless of the results. I do believe the officiating is very poor, but it always has been. The game, by its nature, leads to a certain number of subjective calls which lead fans to think the game is not on the level when the calls go against their team.

If I honestly thought that was the case I wouldn’t follow the sport. For those those that think it’s rigged or biased why do you continue to spend your time following it?
Reply/Quote
Every pro sports league has bias in the refs, it is human nature. Certain teams get the benefit of the doubt as do certain players. Baseball home plate umps are the worst as they give close calls to veteran pictures or to experienced 'good guy' batters over less experienced players. Refs/Umps often think they are sheriffs in town so to speak, many of the NHL refs seem to write their own interpretations to the rules. Players like Burfict are red flagged for the rest of their careers while players like Lebron can charge and carry till the cows come home without getting called.

Put a better team on the field and **** the refs by winning more.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
To me it seems the whole NFL scam is rigged in favor of teams with elite quarterbacks and strong defenses.

I have seen this happen year after year and I am tired of it.
Reply/Quote
NFL is not a sport. It's "entertainment". They argued this in court, up to the Supreme Court. You can research it. So no, you're not watching a sport.

Why did NFL argue that it's actually entertainment? Because sports aren't allowed to "push storylines".

Welcome to World Wide Football Federation.

It's a joke if you think a business with this much money flowing around isn't controlled (in some manner, by someone, somewhere, in any capacity) to change the outcome of a game with money on the line.

Scumbugs are above you at work, psychopaths and sociopaths, those that know how to take advantage of others to turn a dollar without feeling a damn thing. Honest people are on the lower rungs and stay there.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: NFL is not a sport. It's "entertainment". They argued this in court, up to the Supreme Court. You can research it. So no, you're not watching a sport.

Why did NFL argue that it's actually entertainment? Because sports aren't allowed to "push storylines".

Welcome to World Wide Football Federation.

Who decides which "storyline" and which teams to push?
Reply/Quote