Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL leaders in arrests last 5 years
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jets-among-nfl-leaders-in-arrests-last-5-years/ar-BBAVxgb?li=BBnba9I

[Image: C_QJxX-XkAAvWLA.jpg:large]

Perception vs. Reality
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Facts don't matter when it comes to the national media hating on the bengals
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 01:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Facts don't matter when it comes to the national media hating on the bengals

Hell facts don't matter when it comes to Bengals fans hating on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Most of Pacman Jones arrests happened prior to 2012 and happened prior to him being a Bengal.

Actually...most of the people we signed who had legal issues like Benson, Tank Johnson, etc...were mainly arrested while with other teams.

But...when you consistently bring in players who were arrested with other teams and refer to yourself as 'The Redeemer'...you get a perception among the media.
Reply/Quote
I'd imagine PacMan definitely tilts the needle and without him we'd be lower.

But overall, we seem violent, but we don't drink and drive or do drugs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The problem I have with this chart it covers the last five years. The Bengals problems in perception of problems go back much longer to the point it is now viewed as a culture of acceptance for violence and crime.

Burfict had never had problems off the field. But because the cry baby Steelers call him "dirty" Burfict is lumped into same category of criminals or character concerns.

Also Chris Henry Tilted the list of charges as a repeated offender he and Adam Jones.

When did Dallas Cowboys took Randy Gregory in the draft there is not much in the news about it it certainly did not reflected badly on the Cowboys.

If Cincinnati takes a player then it has character risk they're crucified in the media for months if not years.

If my memory serves correctly only when the Minnesota Vikings had that incident on a cruise that involved several players with sexual assault where the reputations worse among NFL teams.

Then you would have to go to back to the 1970 Oakland Raiders who were considered that bad boys of the NFL and they were nasty but they were pretty good as well.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Another issue I have with the Cincinnati Bengals is that they do not hold players accountable and there's no real boundaries.

If Mike Brown would have let Adam Jones go it would have sent a message to the team and to the fans.

I am all for giving players Second Chances but Mike Brown gives players 10 or more chances and that's the issue I have with the front office you have to have boundaries and hold players accountable to win.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 02:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Another issue I have with the Cincinnati Bengals is that they do not hold players accountable and there's no real boundaries.

If Mike Brown would have let Adam Jones go it would have sent a message to the team and to the fans.

I am all for giving players Second Chances but Mike Brown gives players 10 or more chances and that's the issue I have with the front office you have to have boundaries and hold players accountable to win.

This is why the media and general football fans think that the Bengals are full of troublemakers and thugs. They don't care that the Bengals have less offenders than some perceived "golden boy" teams like the Ravens, as the Bengals owner openly stands behind his troubled players and doesn't discipline/cut them if they act up. Many teams have players that get in trouble, but depending on the level of public outcry, the other teams will just cut bait on said player.

If Cincinnati was a larger city (or at least had a larger fan base) and wasn't in what some (inaccurately) consider a flyover state, the outlook on the Bengals and Cincinnati itself may be different.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd imagine PacMan definitely tilts the needle and without him we'd be lower.

But overall, we seem violent, but we don't drink and drive or do drugs.

You want your footballs players to be violent... Especially Defensive guys and OL/RBs
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 02:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Another issue I have with the Cincinnati Bengals is that they do not hold players accountable and there's no real boundaries.

WHAT? has adam jones been charged for?  Since hes been here

He hasn't received a sentence from a judge or the League  but the bengals should punish him?  doesn't make much sense.

Bengals let the due process complete before making decisions that aren't knee jerkers like all the fans here.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 02:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: WHAT? has adam jones been charged for?  Since hes been here

He hasn't received a sentence from a judge or the League  but the bengals should punish him?  doesn't make much sense.

Bengals let the due process complete before making decisions that aren't knee jerkers like all the fans here.

In the age of social media, opinions are formed the second something is reported regardless of what the end outcome ends up being.
Many Bengals fans are tired of defending this team's character concerns with "No charges ended up being filed" or "He was found not guilty".
It's all about initial perception nowadays.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 12:50 PM)kdgjr Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jets-among-nfl-leaders-in-arrests-last-5-years/ar-BBAVxgb?li=BBnba9I

[Image: C_QJxX-XkAAvWLA.jpg:large]

Perception vs. Reality

We probably wouldn't have any if it wasn't for Ten Chances.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 03:10 PM)McC Wrote: We probably wouldn't have any if it wasn't for Ten Chances.

You mean Nine Lives. The Bengals are cats after all.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ray Rice wasn't found guilty either, but he got cut, on the flip side, neither was Ray Lewis and he didn't get cut. But his actions weren't caught on film like Rice's were.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd imagine PacMan definitely tilts the needle and without him we'd be lower.

Very true, but I bet this is true with other teams.

For example the Niners are high on this list, but they had one LB who was arrested multiple times.

Not trying to defend Pac.  Just pointing out that a few players bump up the stats by getting arrested over and over again.  That is just a mirror of society as a whole.  A small percentage of people commit crimes over and over again.  The "crime rate" is not the same as the percentage of criminals in the population.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 03:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Ray Rice wasn't found guilty either, but he got cut, on the flip side, neither was Ray Lewis and he didn't get cut. But his actions weren't caught on film like Rice's were.

Aaron Hernandez wasn't found guilty yet of murder and he was cut by the Patriots within about a week of being arrested.
Most teams are not willing to let the legal system play out and want to avoid any negative publicity and perception of being an undisciplined team with criminals/thugs.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I wonder what the numbers are from 10 years until now. You take out that record setting summer of thuggery from 2006, I wonder where we'd rank on that list.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Aaron Hernandez wasn't found guilty yet of murder and he was cut by the Patriots within about a week of being arrested.
Most teams are not willing to let the legal system play out and want to avoid any negative publicity and perception of being an undisciplined team with criminals/thugs.

They drafted the guy when everyone in the NFL knew he had gang ties to some seriously bad dudes while in college. He was actually rumored to be associated with a murder while in Florida. What is the worst part is they knew most of his ties were in fact from that area, and so they were putting him right back in the fold. The Patriots shouldn't get a free pass on the Hernandez thing, but they do  by most. To put it in perspective, his off field issues were so well known the Bengals and the Colts actually removed him from their draft boards completely.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 03:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: They drafted the guy when everyone in the NFL knew he had gang ties to some seriously bad dudes while in college. He was actually rumored to be associated with a murder while in Florida. What is the worst part is they knew most of his ties were in fact from that area, and so they were putting him right back in the fold. The Patriots shouldn't get a free pass on the Hernandez thing, but they do  by most.

It's because they win Super Bowls. Sad but true. If we had a few Lombardi's, there's no way in hell we'd be a "thug enabling" team "that never learns". Winning truly does cure all, especially any negative perception
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 03:49 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: It's because they win Super Bowls. Sad but true. If we had a few Lombardi's, there's no way in hell we'd be a "thug enabling" team "that never learns". Winning truly does cure all, especially any negative perception

And it's because they are a big market team.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote