Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL protest fallout
Due to overwhelming demand by customers, Direct TV is now allowing an unprecedented refund to it's customers who purchased the NFL Sunday Ticket. Everyone knows that until now, the highly priced service offered absolutely no refunds.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/directv-reportedly-offering-nfl-sunday-ticket-refunds-to-fans-angered-by-protests/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Considering how I'm debating whether it's even worth it to watch the Bengals this year, I might just take advantage of this.

LOL
(09-27-2017, 05:03 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Considering how I'm debating whether it's even worth it to watch the Bengals this year, I might just take advantage of this.

LOL

/thread 

rep
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Really? That's weird. You pay to watch football games, and you are getting football games. I don't know how enough people thought they had a legitimate stance to force this.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I have also read where there re over 25,000 signature to remove statue of Ray Lewis from Baltimore's Stadium.

I also read their National Anthem singer resigned.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-27-2017, 05:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have also read where there re over 25,000 signature to remove  statue of Ray Lewis from Baltimore's Stadium.

I also read their National Anthem singer resigned.

Yea, they added security around the statue.

The singer resigned because he said he no longer feels welcomed by the fans after they attacked the players for protesting. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-27-2017, 06:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, they added security around the statue.

The singer resigned because he said he no longer feels welcomed by the fans after they attacked the players for protesting

The NFL likely shouldn't forget who it's customers are.  I find the idea of them having to add security around a statue of a killer quite ironic, after the city removed confederate monuments under the cloak of darkness.   Hilarious

As to the second, the NFL really should consider reigning in this protesting business.  They are a company that wants to market to the entire population.  By allowing these protests (that actually violate NFL rules...) to continue, they are, in effect alienating about half of their audience.  Guess which half that is?  The half that can typically afford to attend games and purchase Sunday Ticket..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Sorry guys, I called direct tv today. don't really care for national anthem protest either way, but saw my bill today and said enough is enough.

She said she has no idea about the Sunday ticket refund.

I did however get my bill down almost $95 just by threatening to go with time warner.
(09-27-2017, 07:00 PM)Gohards Wrote: Sorry guys, I called direct tv today. don't really care for national anthem protest either way, but saw my bill today and said enough is enough.

She said she has no idea about the Sunday ticket refund.

I did however get my bill down almost $95 just by threatening to go with time warner.

Have had the ticket for 17 years. I simply went to chat feature. Said I want  refund and to cancel my subscription due to the players protesting. They got a supervisor and cancelled it and I am getting a refund am also boycotting all games this week in protest of the protest.

I watch  mininum of 4 games each time slot on Sundays, but no more. I am fed up. Time to find other things to spend money  and time on.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(09-27-2017, 06:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The NFL likely shouldn't forget who it's customers are.  I find the idea of them having to add security around a statue of a killer quite ironic, after the city removed confederate monuments under the cloak of darkness.   Hilarious

As to the second, the NFL really should consider reigning in this protesting business.  They are a company that wants to market to the entire population.  By allowing these protests (that actually violate NFL rules...) to continue, they are, in effect alienating about half of their audience.  Guess which half that is?  The half that can typically afford to attend games and purchase Sunday Ticket..

I'm sure Target and Chickfila were as equally worried

(09-27-2017, 09:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm sure Target and Chickfila were as equally worried

Are you sure about that??

https://www.charismanews.com/us/64114-target-ceo-admits-bathroom-policy-announcement-was-huge-mistake

Quote:A very damaging article just out from the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) clearly shows that Target CEO Brian Cornell regrets his company's policy announcement welcoming men to use women's restrooms and fitting rooms.

WSJ interviewed a representative from the American Family Association (AFA), who launched the immensely successful #BoycottTarget initiative nearly a year ago. The 1.5 million-signature boycott has sent the strong message to the retailer that its misguided and potentially dangerous bathroom policy is the reason millions of families are no longer shopping there.

As for Chickfila, they're doing great, just like Zaxby's, Hobby Lobby, and any number of other businesses that uphold Christian values as a part of their management philosophy.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-27-2017, 09:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Have had the ticket for 17 years. I simply went to chat feature. Said I want  refund and to cancel my subscription due to the players protesting. They got a supervisor and cancelled it and I am getting a refund am also boycotting all games this week in protest of the protest.

I watch  mininum of 4 games each time slot on Sundays, but no more. I am fed up. Time to find other things to spend money  and time on.

Oh well. Must of been talking to an idiot. Still have the ticket and got my bill lowered almost in half. Ill live
(09-27-2017, 09:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm sure Target and Chickfila were as equally worried

That's a tasty chicken sandwich., but how is it that it seems like 90% of the time you want Chick-Fil-A, it's Sunday?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-27-2017, 09:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about that??

https://www.charismanews.com/us/64114-target-ceo-admits-bathroom-policy-announcement-was-huge-mistake

As for Chickfila, they're doing great, just like Zaxby's, Hobby Lobby, and any number of other businesses that uphold Christian values as a part of their management philosophy.

Despite this Christian source, I'm pretty sure about it.

http://www.snopes.com/targets-stock-transgender-bathroom-policy/

Other department stores faced similar issues in the same period. The CEO did say he never approved the blog post that prompted the hate group AFA from starting the boycott and that he wouldn't have "flaunted" their policy in that way, but at no point did he say the boycott was the cause of their struggles. It also doesn't explain Walmart and Sears experiencing the same issues during that period. 

Time to bring back the usfl.
Are these the same people that call me "snowflake" for asking for equal rights for minorities?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(09-27-2017, 05:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Really? That's weird. You pay to watch football games, and you are getting football games. I don't know how enough people thought they had a legitimate stance to force this.

They just rolled over to appease the anthem snowflakes. It's no different than the South, and in some cases northern cities removing the Confederate monuments for the other snowflakes. The US has become a nation of f***in' whiney crybabies.

This whole thing was going to go away (and it still will) until Kaepernick's moronic girlfriend blew his shot at signing with the Ravens. He was gonna stand, and the whole thing would have faded away. The same way Confederate hysteria, and "Oh the Nazis are everywhere" hysteria faded out. Then Mr Trump got a lil applause down in Alabama, got excited, and starting cussing... In other words... Stirred the ***** pot like the troll that he is. So 25 or so people who were kneeling turns into, I dunno hundreds now?

If people don't wanna watch anymore, cool... Maybe they can stop talking about it too. They sound like jilted lovers. Get over it, move on, and allow the adults to enjoy watching football.

FWIW, I think it's rude to not stand for the anthem. I also think it's prickish to tell others how to feel about said anthem or anything else. Maybe it's because I don't feel like I own the flag or this country. Nobody gets to decide what's patriotic, and what isn't. I also realize that I live in a free country, and sometimes other people enjoying their freedom will bother me. When they do, I just quietly keep it moving. Hopefully the holier than thou super patriots will do the same...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Pretty hilarious how easily manipulated people are. A celebrity or politician can tell them to stop doing something they've loved doing for years, and they'll obey like trained animals. All this despite the fact that protests have been going on for over a year, with these newly indignant folks continuing to watch. All of it was okay until their daddy intentionally agitated the players, causing the protests to explode almost instantly, and leaving all parties dug in hard. Then he literally ordered them to boycott. I'd say it was audacious on his part, but he knew what he was doing. Smart move on his part, really to agitate the base at the cost of enjoying football as we know it to the rest of us.

The term "herd mentality" is highly overused in our society, but I think it applies here. He said jump and boy, did they ever. Must be fun to live life waiting for others to tell you what you can or can't enjoy, lol.

As far as the effect, we'll see. People talk a lot of shit. When I went to work Monday morning with my Trump supporting co-workers, you know what we talked about? The previous day's ballgames and our fantasy teams, that's what. You know what we'll talk about Friday? this Sunday's ballgames. Guaranteed.
(09-27-2017, 09:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's a tasty chicken sandwich., but how is it that it seems like 90% of the time you want Chick-Fil-A, it's Sunday?

I love how they put them in the new Falcons stadium... Great idea.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(09-27-2017, 09:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Time to bring back the usfl.

XFL