Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL ratings and poor officiating
(10-06-2016, 08:05 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Things like that are filmed in advance, with members of both teams.  My step father and I went to Super Bowl XXIII in Miami.  On our way out of the stadium they were selling San Francisco Super Bowl Champion t-shirts and my step father tried to bribe a vendor to sell him a Bengals champion shirt.  The guy told us that there were pallets of merchandise for both teams kept under lock and key until a winner was decided.  I found out later that the "non winning" shirts get donated to charities in other countries.

There is no conspiracy.  I know that we live in a country of conspiracy theorists, but there is nothing here... think of the amount of people that would be involved to keep something like that going.  Now keep in mind that people become disgruntled, they talk, computers get hacked.  If it ever came out that NFL games are fixed, it would be the end of the NFL as we know it.  The gravy train would come to an abrupt stop.  And that gravy train is why the owners love Goodell.  The Bengals have gone from a value of about $950 million four years ago to almost $1.7 billion.  No way would any of them, even the supposed "favorites", take a chance on that ending.  At the end of the day, these are business men and would not allow something to put that in jeopardy. 

You don't understand that if almost all the games are within a field goal that you don't have to do much to "fix" a game.  A few key calls and there you have it.  That second game vs. the steelers was the most egregious I have ever seen.  Have you ever been to a game and seen one of the Bengals RBs start to break away for a big run and seconds later, you see the back judge throw a flag.  I call this one the "just in case". It will be called holding and I will look at the so-called offending party from multiple angles on the coach's cut and there wasn't even an ounce of holding.  I used to put clips together and send them to the Bengals because it made me so mad.  But, eventually, I gave up.  

If you didn't see the late hit on Dalton that knocked his helmet off RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GD OFFICIAL where he was hit late (foul 1), he was hit with the crown of the helmet (foul 2) and he was driven in to the ground after releasing the ball(foul 3) then you missed a huge example of the bias against the Bengals.  I actually think if Burfict had done that he would be done playing for the season.  

This is why I wish they played a more aggressive scheme and would attack other teams with each possession.  Marv reminds me of a dog that has been beaten so many times that it won't ever even raise its head.  He's gutless.  Tomlin may be a first-class assbag, but after destroying the Chiefs he questioned the NFL officiating to do a better job defining what is excessive celebrating.  He didn't go after his offending player (Brown), he didn't just enjoy the win, he bitched about something he didn't see as fair...and the NFL immediately sent every team a video answer and description of what will be deemed excessive.  Marvin would chastise the offending player and never dare question the all-powerful WWF..or NFL, sorry.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You don't understand that if almost all the games are within a field goal that you don't have to do much to "fix" a game.  A few key calls and there you have it.  That second game vs. the steelers was the most egregious I have ever seen.  Have you ever been to a game and seen one of the Bengals RBs start to break away for a big run and seconds later, you see the back judge throw a flag.  I call this one the "just in case". It will be called holding and I will look at the so-called offending party from multiple angles on the coach's cut and there wasn't even an ounce of holding.  I used to put clips together and send them to the Bengals because it made me so mad.  But, eventually, I gave up.  

If you didn't see the late hit on Dalton that knocked his helmet off RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GD OFFICIAL where he was hit late (foul 1), he was hit with the crown of the helmet (foul 2) and he was driven in to the ground after releasing the ball(foul 3) then you missed a huge example of the bias against the Bengals.  I actually think if Burfict had done that he would be done playing for the season.  

This is why I wish they played a more aggressive scheme and would attack other teams with each possession.  Marv reminds me of a dog that has been beaten so many times that it won't ever even raise its head.  He's gutless.  Tomlin may be a first-class assbag, but after destroying the Chiefs he questioned the NFL officiating to do a better job defining what is excessive celebrating.  He didn't go after his offending player (Brown), he didn't just enjoy the win, he bitched about something he didn't see as fair...and the NFL immediately sent every team a video answer and description of what will be deemed excessive.  Marvin would chastise the offending player and never dare question the all-powerful WWF..or NFL, sorry.  

I agree that Marvin could be more aggressive in defending his players, but I don't see any conspiracy.  I read an article that said on average there are 12 missed calls per game.  Think about the size and speed of these guys, the rate at which the game moves.  Now tell me they are going to see every single thing.  It is human error, not some evil plan to keep the Bengals down.  And for what it is worth, I'm a member of a Facebook group that has fans from all over the NFL.  They ALL ***** about missed calls and things the officials got wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 08:37 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I agree that Marvin could be more aggressive in defending his players, but I don't see any conspiracy.  I read an article that said on average there are 12 missed calls per game.  Think about the size and speed of these guys, the rate at which the game moves.  Now tell me they are going to see every single thing.  It is human error, not some evil plan to keep the Bengals down.  And for what it is worth, I'm a member of a Facebook group that has fans from all over the NFL.  They ALL ***** about missed calls and things the officials got wrong.

Yeah, I'm sure the Packer fans are mad about getting 16 fouls helping them against tiniest-market-in-the-league Jax.  Much in the same way the Redskin fans are upset about the phantom-fumble call against the Browns.  I haven't watched any of their games thus far, but I am not surprised that the LA Rams are now getting wins.  That's the biggest TV market in the league. 

It is just like big businesses everywhere...corruption reigns supreme.  Earning lots of money is never enough.  Greed enters and they want more and more and more....at all costs.  The games aren't "fixed" but there is certain bias and ignoring it doesn't change the fact that it is present.  It doesn't take much to change the outcome of these games.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 08:37 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I agree that Marvin could be more aggressive in defending his players, but I don't see any conspiracy.  I read an article that said on average there are 12 missed calls per game.  Think about the size and speed of these guys, the rate at which the game moves.  Now tell me they are going to see every single thing.  It is human error, not some evil plan to keep the Bengals down.  And for what it is worth, I'm a member of a Facebook group that has fans from all over the NFL.  They ALL ***** about missed calls and things the officials got wrong.

I don't agree with you about favoritism for Steelers and other preferred teams

But you say 12 missed calls a game. That is exactly my point about not having full time professional refs like all other professional sports.

Missing 12 calls a game leads to the appearance of favoritism and lack of integrity in the game.

The favoritism in the last two Bengals-Steelers games is obvious or it is obvious that these part time refs are inept.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 07:47 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Once Goodell is gone, he will be replaced by Vince McMahon.

well,  vince is willing to do literally anything to help ratings.  So if that means better and more consistent officiating you can bet that would happen. 

Might not be a bad idea.

Vince for commish!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 10:08 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Vince for commish!!!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
NFL last year was the highest ranking it has ever been in 50 years. On NFL radio, they were talking about the 'Diva' wide outs, or in other words OBJ and his antics last week and weeks before causing him 'not to like football anymore'...
Callers and panelist MJD was saying the officials and horrible calls were a backlash causing the anti-ratings... Bob Papa said, and he is a spokesperson for the NFL, sad it was an election year, and officiating has not been.the reason...then he got blasted by every caller he allowed though.
Officiating has been horrible to all of the unfavorable teams this season... look at poor Cleveland, they could be 3-1 if it wasn't for bad, bad officiating.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
So then think, would the NFL allow the patriots or steelers to be subjected to that "bad, bad officiating"? No, the Browns have to be 0-4, and the Bengals aren't allowed to beat a playoff team during the regular season.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 09:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure the Packer fans are mad about getting 16 fouls helping them against tiniest-market-in-the-league Jax.  Much in the same way the Redskin fans are upset about the phantom-fumble call against the Browns.  I haven't watched any of their games thus far, but I am not surprised that the LA Rams are now getting wins.  That's the biggest TV market in the league. 

It is just like big businesses everywhere...corruption reigns supreme.  Earning lots of money is never enough.  Greed enters and they want more and more and more....at all costs.  The games aren't "fixed" but there is certain bias and ignoring it doesn't change the fact that it is present.  It doesn't take much to change the outcome of these games.  

#2.

NYC is #1 in the U.S.
Reply/Quote
Like I've said college football puts the national fixed league to shame
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Just listen to Brian Touhy on the Dan Patrick show.  He spells it out exactly how and why games are fixed. There's no oversight because in the US except Nevada sports gambling is illegal so it's all controlled by organized crime syndicates. Thefixisin.com
1fQhttps://youtu.be/_xxVDGPn1fQht://thefixisin.net
[url=https://youtu.be/_xxVDGPn1fQ][/url]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Browser is acting screwey so that link probably doesn't work
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think the protests are just the straw that broke the camel's back. I've quit watching all games outside of the Bengals, mostly due to these disrespectful protests. That said, I've already been sick of Goodell, clearly biased officiating, the illusion of "parity", constant rule changes, talk of teams in Europe, NFL drama 24-7, politics in sports, etc etc.

Love my home team, hate the NFL right now. I miss how things were 10+ years ago. Kaep's arrogant protest and those who have followed his lead are just a good excuse to finally stop watching, and honestly I hope the ratings continue to plummet for the overall health of the sport.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 08:05 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Things like that are filmed in advance, with members of both teams.  My step father and I went to Super Bowl XXIII in Miami.  On our way out of the stadium they were selling San Francisco Super Bowl Champion t-shirts and my step father tried to bribe a vendor to sell him a Bengals champion shirt.  The guy told us that there were pallets of merchandise for both teams kept under lock and key until a winner was decided.  I found out later that the "non winning" shirts get donated to charities in other countries.

There is no conspiracy.  I know that we live in a country of conspiracy theorists, but there is nothing here... think of the amount of people that would be involved to keep something like that going.  Now keep in mind that people become disgruntled, they talk, computers get hacked.  If it ever came out that NFL games are fixed, it would be the end of the NFL as we know it.  The gravy train would come to an abrupt stop.  And that gravy train is why the owners love Goodell.  The Bengals have gone from a value of about $950 million four years ago to almost $1.7 billion.  No way would any of them, even the supposed "favorites", take a chance on that ending.  At the end of the day, these are business men and would not allow something to put that in jeopardy. 

Ummm, I've little doubt they filmed them before the game. That's not anywhere close to the point. The point is they were overwhelmingly Steelers in the commercials. 

If I'm not mistaken that was the Super bowl where Big Jen put up like a 17 QB rating and their offensive output was the lowest ever in the History of a Super bowl winning team. The game where in many peoples minds outside of Pittsburgh the officiating was very lopsided favoring the STeelers. 

That's the point.
Reply/Quote
The protests stuff belongs in the Politics section, it's pretty obvious where you stand if you're against them. White. Male.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 09:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The protests stuff belongs in the Politics section, it's pretty obvious where you stand if you're against them. White. Male.
It seems to me the politics in this thread have been directly related to the NFL and the reason that is relevant in conversation with fans is THE PLAYERS interjected the topic into the game.

As far as this thread, what you just did is the first comment I noticed in this thread that strays completely away from the topic of political issues in the NFL by interjecting your opinion.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 09:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The protests stuff belongs in the Politics section, it's pretty obvious where you stand if you're against them. White. Male.

Sensible.  Reasonable.  Ninja .
Reply/Quote

Way to oversimplify a complex issue among human beings with diverse opinions.

I have nothing against their cause. I had nothing against the way LeBron and Carmelo etc chose to address it.

My issue is that if you disrespect the flag that represents us all, you're a dooosh.

This will be my first and last post on the subject, as I don't want to divert from the topic. I just resent your remark.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

It matters not what color, religion, beliefs, background, or anything else you are. During the National Anthem is not the time or the place to protest. To many people of all colors/religions have died protecting our country and that flag.

And I'm DAMN PROUD to be against that kind of protest !

Anybody who would disrespect our flag should be deported with out question ASAP !

Protest all you want, this country has many problems, I agree. But it's still the greatest country on earth. If you don't believe that go to some foreign land and try it,
Reply/Quote
Definitely believe the NFL is biased against teams not in the big fan base clique.

Money, money, money.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote