Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NFL rooting for Bills
(01-22-2023, 02:27 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Yes, the league hates us and we are victims, etc whatever

I have some awesome swamp land in Texas that I'll let go to you for real cheap... It's a real bargain.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 02:27 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Yes, the league hates us and we are victims, etc whatever

I heard the NFL has a plan in place where if we are going to win the SB they are going to stop the game with 1 second left on the clock and cancel the entire 2022 season due to covid.

I do love how we simultaneously want to talk about how Burrow and ZT and Mike Browns great great great great grandaughter changed the Bengals culture on a dime, but we also want to act like we're some sort of maligned and underestimated band of hated misfits, like we're the bottom of the barrel Al Davis 3-13 era Oakland Raiders, or something.

Joe Burrow is gonna give the middle finger to the NFL by being a really hard working, nice, hometown kid who has a squeaky clean record and constantly says all the right things.  Burrow is practically the football equivalent to the New Christy Minstrels, but hey, let's act like the NFL is upset that Josh "N-Bomb" Allen, or one of the sex offender QBs aren't going to win it all.  Shame.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Such a tired narrative with no actual prove... as far as fans , i thought we were now one of the most popular teams in the NFL in some poll that someone posted... so i guess the NFL does not hate us
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 03:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Such a tired  narrative with no actual prove... as far as fans , i thought we were now one of the most popular teams in the NFL in some poll that someone posted... so i guess the NFL does not hate us

The proof is the Bengals are in Buffalo today instead of at home or on a neutral field. What else do you need to see that the league stacked this game in our disfavor. Do you think the Bengals were treated fairly?  If not, why do you think they came with the proposal they did?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I don't see how we can lose this one in the eyes of the national media. Either we go into Buffalo and slay the dragon like we did against the Chiefs last year and establish that we are the undisputed cream of the AFC, or we come up short and Burrow hates it but he pays respect to the Bills and the narrative is that the Bengals were screwed into a tough spot and did their best, but it's Buffalo's year.

The pressure is on the Bills, because we are in a position to show that we can beat them and the Chiefs in their own house (last year, and this year) when it matters most, but the Bills are at risk of losing to the Bengals and Chiefs (last year) when it matters most. Today we can be well on our way to showing we are the #1 of the new AFC triad of Bengals/Bills/Chiefs and the Bills can fall all the way to 3rd place with a loss.

Pressure on, Bills.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 03:40 PM)Science Friction Wrote: The proof is the Bengals are in Buffalo today instead of at home or on a neutral field. What else do you need to see that the league stacked this game in our disfavor. Do you think the Bengals were treated fairly?  If not, why do you think they came with the proposal they did?

Playoff game today and you're spending all your time talking about how the NFL is rigged. 

Solid platform to stand on. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
And all the AFC teams said the same about the Bengals last year, right?. The NFL went at the Patriots and Tom Brady and had to turn around and hand them the Super Bowl trophy and look stupid doing it. They didn't change outcomes then, they won't now. Last year was the small market Bengals vs Los Angles "We have more important things to do" California. Not ideal.

Do we really need to line up excuses before the pads are even on.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 03:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Playoff game today and you're spending all your time talking about how the NFL is rigged. 

I'm telling ya, the Bengals are Rocky in Rocky IV...it's stacked against us, but we're going to win.  You want to talk about the NFL setting up a cloyingly-cliched narrative?  It's their ability to make the best team in the AFC if not the entire NFL look like a downtrodden underdog. 

All the conspiracies we have, and I'm the only one saying the NFL may have rigged things against us in order to make our victory in overcoming the odds even more of a movie script style feel good narrative.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 03:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm telling ya, the Bengals are Rocky in Rocky IV...it's stacked against us, but we're going to win.  You want to talk about the NFL setting up a cloyingly-cliched narrative?  It's their ability to make the best team in the AFC if not the entire NFL look like a downtrodden underdog. 

All the conspiracies we have, and I'm the only one saying the NFL may have rigged things against us in order to make our victory in overcoming the odds even more of a movie script style feel good narrative.

In the best movies, there's always a twist. 

There's the twist.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 02:44 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm not on the fixing games bandwagon, and the Jaguars 100 percent deserved to lose yesterday.  

That said, the non-call on the Lawrence hemet-to-helmet, on a star qb, on national television, makes me a tad nervous about things.  It was blatant.  People make mistakes and refs are human, but yikes.

It looked to me like it was a clean hit in the chest and the dude rag-dolled him so hard his head flew forward and hit him.  Not sure whether that's technically a foul or not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 03:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In the best movies, there's always a twist. 

There's the twist.

And of course the NFL rigged it so squeaky clean Burrow and ZT and the Bengals won the AFC North.  You really think the NFL is going to let teams who feature and honor murderers and rapists have a fair shot?  Nope.  The NFL is in damage-control mode, so of course hometown poster boy Burrow is going to get a yellow brick road to the SB.

Once we cut Mixon we're going to be one hell of a championship group of choir boys.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 03:40 PM)Science Friction Wrote: The proof is the Bengals are in Buffalo today instead of at home or on a neutral field. What else do you need to see that the league stacked this game in our disfavor. Do you think the Bengals were treated fairly?  If not, why do you think they came with the proposal they did?

That is not it. we could have been home also if Bills would have lost.. the Bills and Bengals played same amount of games and if the Bengals were 13-3 and Bills were 12-4, you really think we would be at a neutral site.. nope.. we be right here in Cincy...  like a stated tired narrative the nfl out for the Bengals..
Reply/Quote
People confuse scripting/rigging/influencing games. I believe there is a high probablility that game outcomes are influenced by the league in the way penalties(particularly holding) are called or not-called. Pay particular attention to the non-calls on clear holds. Officials/league won't be as scrutinized for penalties they "didn't see." Cheating is actually very easy. The Bengals have anywhere from a 34-44% win probaability depending on which model you look at. Five Thirty-Eight have them at a 36% win probability. Without doubt , with the way the NFL has directed this game to be called, they want to lower the Bengals' WP down to 10-15%. The Bengals can still overcome and win but the league will stack the odds heavily against them in order to get the Atlanta game.

None of those who deny that the NFL influences outcomes should come on here post-game complaining about the job the officials did on the Bengals. None.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 04:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: That is not it. we could have been home also if Bills would have lost.. the Bills and Bengals played same amount of games and if the Bengals were 13-3 and Bills were 12-4, you really think we would be at a neutral site.. nope.. we be right here in Cincy...  like a stated tired narrative the nfl out for the Bengals..

Hope to not hear you complain about being jobbed by Cheffers after the game.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 04:13 PM)Science Friction Wrote: People confuse scripting/rigging/influencing games.   I believe there is a high probablility that game outcomes are influenced by the league in the way penalties(particularly holding) are called or not-called.  Pay particular attention to the non-calls on clear holds. Officials/league won't be as scrutinized for penalties they "didn't see." Cheating is actually very easy.  The Bengals have anywhere from a 34-44%  win probaability depending on which model you look at. Five Thirty-Eight have them at a 36% win probability.  Without doubt , with the way the NFL has directed this game to be called, they want to lower the Bengals' WP down to 10-15%. The Bengals can still overcome and win but the league will stack the odds heavily against them in order to get the Atlanta game.

None of those who deny that the NFL influences outcomes should come on here post-game complaining about the job the officials did on the Bengals. None.

Every team in the league looks for those things and think it only ever goes against their team. You're so delusional if you think the refs never miss holding calls on the Bengals Oline. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 01:34 PM)casear2727 Wrote: [Image: HlJfuwJ.jpg]

I love the real pic and the meme! Good work! lol
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 04:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: That is not it. we could have been home also if Bills would have lost.. the Bills and Bengals played same amount of games and if the Bengals were 13-3 and Bills were 12-4, you really think we would be at a neutral site.. nope.. we be right here in Cincy...  like a stated tired narrative the nfl out for the Bengals..

Blah, blah, blah.   It was in our control.  The NFL removed it from our control by cancelling our opportunity to decide it. And then they gave everyone consideration for lost opportunities except us.

It's not that the NFL is out to get the Bengals.  They just don't care about the Bengals.  Who cares about a bunch of hilljacks in southern Ohio and Kentucky?  There are so many other things they'd rather see than the Bengals return to the Super Bowl.  

But no, they don't "fix" things because if they did we wouldn't have gone last year.  Officials have their biases and assumptions based on media narratives that can make them call what they don't see, but they're not rigging things.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 03:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Playoff game today and you're spending all your time talking about how the NFL is rigged. 

It's "influenced."  Unquestionably.  I won't complain if the Bengals find a way to overcome the stacked deck and win today.  Don't you complain if they get jobbed(again).
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 04:35 PM)Roland Wrote: Blah, blah, blah.   It was in our control.  The NFL removed it from our control by cancelling our opportunity to decide it. And then they gave everyone consideration for lost opportunities except us.

It's not that the NFL is out to get the Bengals.  They just don't care about the Bengals.  Who cares about a bunch of hilljacks in southern Ohio and Kentucky?  There are so many other things they'd rather see than the Bengals return to the Super Bowl.  

But no, they don't "fix" things because if they did we wouldn't have gone last year.  Officials have their biases and assumptions based on media narratives that can make them call what they don't see, but they're not rigging things.

Correct on the first bolded sentence.

WRONG on the second bolded sentence!!!  The Bengals were the narrative the league bought into last season with the young, hot young gunslinger at QB. This season it's the Bills circling the wagon for their fallen comrade and the Battle in Atlanta!!!
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 04:37 PM)Science Friction Wrote: It's "influenced."  Unquestionably.  I won't complain if the Bengals find a way to overcome the stacked deck and win today.  Don't you complain if they get jobbed(again).

Say what?

Reply/Quote