Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL roster rankings
(06-30-2022, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me the big value from a "running QB" is more about converting third downs than rolling up big total yardage numbers.

Nothing is more frustrating for a defense than having perfect coverage and good pressure but still giving up a first down on a scramble.

True, but I think guys like Ben Roethlisberger fit into that category too then if that's your criteria.
But in no way would I consider Roethlisberger a running QB just because he could scramble for a few critical yards at times.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 04:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Top 7 in order:
Bills
Bucs
Chargers (high for a non playoff team)
Rams
Packers
Browns (Watson may be gone a while and even then he hasn’t played in over a year)
Eagles (better than the Bengals? QBs the most important position and Philly is waaay behind Cincy at that position)

Eagles have a good roster. QB is holding them back
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 10:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hurts is similar to Lamar Jackson in playstyle.
He may not run or pass quite as well, but he's close.
Both are a good hybrid QB that can make plays with their legs or arm.
However, both need weapons in the passing game to really be effective with their arm.

People love these types of QBs in fantasy football, but people hate them otherwise.
A lot of people seem to think that 4000 yard passer with 30 TDs and 10 INTs is better than a QB with 3300 yards passing, 700 yards rushing, 20 pass TDs, 10 rush TDs, and 10 INTs.
But in terms of total yardage, they're exactly the same.
I think it's because many people feel that the rushing QB style is not sustainable for too many years.

Yeah, and keeping fantasy out of it, I am a fan of a mobile QB but I think Burrow is plenty mobile.  They give defenses fits.  It may not, to your point, be very sustainable in the long run, but Hurts is a big, strong kid.  As long as his QB rushing is smart, and he knows when to get down and avoid unnecessary hits, I think he could have a really nice season.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 10:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hurts is similar to Lamar Jackson in playstyle.
He may not run or pass quite as well, but he's close.
Both are a good hybrid QB that can make plays with their legs or arm.
However, both need weapons in the passing game to really be effective with their arm.

People love these types of QBs in fantasy football, but people hate them otherwise.
A lot of people seem to think that 4000 yard passer with 30 TDs and 10 INTs is better than a QB with 3300 yards passing, 700 yards rushing, 20 pass TDs, 10 rush TDs, and 10 INTs.
But in terms of total yardage, they're exactly the same.
I think it's because many people feel that the rushing QB style is not sustainable for too many years.

I think lack of playoff success also has something to do with it.  Jackson is 1-3 in the playoffs, Hurts lost his lone start, RGIII lost his only start, etc.  Really, Kaepernick is the only running QB who has had playoff success, but I tend to think he gave teams the blueprint for defending them going forward.  We also see a disturbing trend where they tend to peak early in their careers, then fall off drastically.

I think another factor is that it's been going around for awhile that WR's don't want to play with Jackson because they won't put up #'s and it will hurt their next contract.  

They are also perceived negatively due to the fact that there are a number of QB's who are great runners(Allen, Watson, Wilson,etc), but aren't really considered running QB's because they are also talented passers and look to pass first.  That automatically makes QB's who aren't great passers and have to rely on their legs seem less than.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 01:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think lack of playoff success also has something to do with it.  Jackson is 1-3 in the playoffs, Hurts lost his lone start, RGIII lost his only start, etc.  Really, Kaepernick is the only running QB who has had playoff success, but I tend to think he gave teams the blueprint for defending them going forward.  We also see a disturbing trend where they tend to peak early in their careers, then fall off drastically.

I think another factor is that it's been going around for awhile that WR's don't want to play with Jackson because they won't put up #'s and it will hurt their next contract.  

They are also perceived negatively due to the fact that there are a number of QB's who are great runners(Allen, Watson, Wilson,etc), but aren't really considered running QB's because they are also talented passers and look to pass first.  That automatically makes QB's who aren't great passers and have to rely on their legs seem less than.

People don't realize how important the run game is to option QBs. Its hard for them to adapt to different situations like alot of offenses in the NFL. There are some really good dual threat QBs though like Josh Allen and Russell Wilson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Burrow is deceptively a very good running QB himself.

We will see it this year now that he is fully healthy and in the best shape of his life. Just needs to be smart when he does run.
Reply/Quote