Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Flowers a Falcon
I didn’t see this anywhere posted yet , but I thought it was worth adding.

Not too surprising with Syd the Kid, Turner and battle additions. Not to mention the continued development of CTB and awuzie hopefully healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tre Flowers was the Bengals opposing TE neutralizer, and I thought he did a decent job at it. This is not an insignificant loss.
Reply/Quote
One more drops off unsigned Bengals free agents. Bengals lost a lot of DB's.

Apple, Wilson, Lammons still able to be resigned at DB. Also LB Johnston . On offense TE Wilcox. I think long snapper Harris at age 38 is Bengals History. Maybe they all are, but fact remains Bengals could still keep some of them

But add Flowers to the list of gone to other teams with DB's Bell and Bates.

Bengals however have been drafting DB's high in last 2 drafts, so they have been restocking. Plus they added F/A Scott, Jones and resigned Thomas.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 09:07 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Tre Flowers was the Bengals opposing TE neutralizer, and I thought he did a decent job at it. This is not an insignificant loss.

Dax Hill or Battle need to take this role head on.

1st guess is that’s the first job Lou will give Battle.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 09:07 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Tre Flowers was the Bengals opposing TE neutralizer, and I thought he did a decent job at it.  This is not an insignificant loss.
Agreed bur they have guys on the roster capable of filling the role.
(05-13-2023, 04:46 PM)Housh Wrote: Dax Hill or Battle need to take this role head on.

1st guess is that’s the first job Lou will give Battle.
Tycen Anderson is the guy to look at for! He has a very similar build to Flowers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2023, 04:42 AM)J24 Wrote: Agreed bur they have guys on the roster capable of filling the role.
Tycen Anderson is the guy to look at for! He has a very similar build to Flowers.

Tycen Anderson certainly has the physical traits to be good in today's NFL, at 6'2" #205 with an insane (for a Safety) 4.36 40 time.  I had big hopes for him last season, then he got injured and missed virtually all of his developmental rookie year.  Even if he has made a 100% physical recovery, it's the lost experience from last year that will hold him back.  I'm hoping that his mind works as well as his body, and he gets into the fold early and often, but I'm not holding my breath.  I'd look for him, along with the secondary as a unit to have a more significant impact in the second half of the season.  

Bengals are already going to be replacing both starting Safeties from last season, along with bringing new depth players up to speed, not to mention changes on the CB side of the equation.  Coach Lou is good, but I really feel like the secondary is going to take a few lumps in the first half of the season.  Bates was the "QB" of that secondary, and Bell's talent is also hard to replace.  It's definitely going to take a little time for the secondary to gel, even with physically gifted players in those new roles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I never thought Flowers was all he was hyped up to be by some of our fans. He did well in some game but he was more below average than not. I would much rather have Apple back even with all the crap ours fans give him.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 09:07 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Tre Flowers was the Bengals opposing TE neutralizer, and I thought he did a decent job at it.  This is not an insignificant loss.

He made it hard on QB's and TE's however, Flowers didn't neutralize TE's, he just covered well with his size. There were some big 
numbers from TE's he was trying to cover just as well. Between Tycen Anderson (similar size), Sidney Jones, CTB, Dax Hill, Hilton, 
DJ Turner, Jordan Battle etc.

We should be fine. I know we said we weren't bringing back Apple, but if we can get him for cheap, I still wouldn't be against it.
Reply/Quote