Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL's Best Arsenals!
We're getting a bit of respect and people must be finally starting to take notice because we're ranked 13th in the NFL's best offensive arsenals!

We're the top team in the AFCN and actually getting some love:

Quote:The emergence of Tyler Boyd as an above-average second wideout behind A.J. Green helps push the Bengals up, even as it seems less likely we'll see much from former first-round picks Tyler Eifert and John Ross. Boyd, who was a healthy scratch at times in 2017, was on pace for a 98-1,240-10 season before Andy Dalton got hurt.

Joe Mixon added nearly 1.5 yards per carry to his rushing average from 2017 and didn't fumble once across 280 touches. Gio Bernard has proven to be a useful change-of-pace back, although 2018 wasn't his best season. C.J. Uzomah emerged as a viable tight end behind Eifert and Tyler Kroft. If the Bengals ever could get anything consistent out of Eifert or Ross, this would be a top-10 unit.

I think we could get solid play out of Sample and I think that we'll have a few tight ends with different skill sets, so rotating them in could keep them fresh and healthy and give the defense something to have to try to adjust to.

I can't help thinking of the line while reading this because that's still the big question mark, but I have faith in the new coaches to get the best out of the line and to utilize all of our weapons!

I'm getting excited for the season!
Reply/Quote
As has been discussed ad nauseam in so many other threads, it all depends on how well the OL can perform. Having good RBs means jack squat, when they have to make 3 fantastic moves, just to get back to the LOS. All the receiving talent in the league is useless, unless the OL can protect long enough for someone to get open. (you can dink and dunk with quick hitters, but only for so long, and they become ineffective as well)

Fortunately, I am of the mindset that Coach Taylor will have this team in the right frame of mind, on the same page, executing effectively, and playing up to their strengths; Rather than floundering away all their potential.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm all for rose colored glasses right up to the point I get some smudge on them, try to wipe it off with some filthy section of my t-shirt then everything goes south from there..  Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Meh, we tend to go from "this is the most talented team in the league!" to "even Joe Montana couldnt win here!" during the course of the season.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 08:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, we tend to go from "this is the most talented team in the league!" to "even Joe Montana couldnt win here!" during the course of the season.

Shirley you jest! Your name is Shirley, right? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote