Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL's Most Overrated Player on Each Team
(07-21-2016, 06:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Colt's/NFL's most overrated player isn't Andrew Luck, so this list is bad. Lol

For the Bengals, I would go McCarron.

As for Luck,, sounds about right for me... way overrated and paid... ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 06:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As for Luck,, sounds about right for me... way overrated and paid... ThumbsUp

I'm going to disagree.  I think Luck's about to have a great year.  He was hurt last year.  I think he was hurt a lot longer and a lot worse than they let on.  For us it's definitely Maualuga.  
SaveSave
Reply/Quote
Most overrated - Vontaz the guy is good but he is not elite like people make him out to be.
Most Underrated- Geno the guy is a top 10 player in the NFL and know one treats hin like it.

In the NFL
Overrated Big Ben- he is good get me wrong but he is not an elite player.
Underrated - Brandon Marshall 3 out of the last 4 seasons he has had 10 + Tds with Cutler and Fitzpatrick throwing him the ball.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 04:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think Hunt having back surgery really slowed him down last year. If he makes it through training camp healthy and gets that full camp under his belt and hits the ground running in the regular season he will be a whole different player than what we have seen.

Well, he wasn't able to do anything at all when MJ went to Tampa. Couldn't even spell Gilberry very much.

He's a 2nd round pick for crying out loud. How long does it take a 2nd round pick to do something? Even if he managed to start a few games, he'd still be considered a bust for his draft position.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 05:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we shouldn't have even been close to offering that much for the #2 WR... imo  but you get attached after 4 years.

Eh 8 million a year isn't horrible plus he probably deserved it.... We would haver paid it too and let Iloka walk which imo would have been a huge mistake
Reply/Quote
I would have to say Nugent is the most overrated Bengal. He was suppose to be this great kicker from Ohio State and he's choked a lot in key kicks. There is another kicker on the roster and maybe Nugent will step it up to keep his job.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2016, 08:37 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote:  He was suppose to be this great kicker from Ohio State and he's choked a lot in key kicks.

No he hasn't.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 09:12 PM)J24 Wrote: Overrated Big Ben- he is good get me wrong but he is not an elite player.

Top 10 career passer rating in NFL history.  2 Super Bowl rings.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 09:12 PM)J24 Wrote: Most overrated - Vontaz the guy is good but he is not elite like people make him out to be.

No way he is overrated. He didnt even make the nfl top 100 players. He is no doubt a top 100 player. Hes a top 5 LBer! Watch him on every play he is always making an impact, i promise.
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Peko yet. I don't mind him, but the board is littered with people talking about how terrible he is and he shouldn't be starting.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 07:17 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm going to disagree.  I think Luck's about to have a great year.  He was hurt last year.  I think he was hurt a lot longer and a lot worse than they let on.  For us it's definitely Maualuga.  
SaveSave

- He's had one great season (that still had some warts) and had passer ratings of 76.5, 87.0 and 74.9 in his other seasons.

- His career passer rating is lower than Daltons, and we all know how Dalton has been perceived compared to how Luck is perceived.

- The Colts and Luck have acknowledged that he wasn't hurt all of last season. He was playing poorly while healthy too.

- He's set NFL records for most INTs through 5-6 playoff games.

- He has 55 INTs and 32 fumbles (14 lost) in 55 reg season games). That's an average of 20 turnovers per full season. People practically lost their minds in the one season where Dalton had 20 turnovers. Imagine if he did it every season. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 01:10 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Peko yet.  I don't mind him, but the board is littered with people talking about how terrible he is and he shouldn't be starting.

This is what I thought.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 01:10 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Peko yet.  I don't mind him, but the board is littered with people talking about how terrible he is and he shouldn't be starting.

(07-24-2016, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is what I thought.

I, as well as a few other people, rate him exactly where he should be because we understand what a NT's job is and that Peko does it well.

However, most fans bash him because they don't understand what his job is, even though I believe he more than excels at it.

So, if anyone overrates him, it's mostly by our coaches, but the article states that it's overrated by fans, scouts, media or just about anybody.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis Jones is NOT over rated in my opinion, he's an awesome #2, makes all the tough catches, and I think is more than capable of being a #1; time will tell. Marvin Lewis, on the other hand.....
Reply/Quote