Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL says Hue Jackson tanking allegations could not be substantiated
So basically, he lied?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/02/nfl-says-hue-jackson-tanking-allegations-could-not-be-substantiated/

Quote:The NFL says the allegations from former Browns head coach Hue Jackson that he was paid to lose games could not be verified.

A statement released by the league today said an independent investigation found no substance to the claims. It also said Jackson initially said he would cooperate with the investigation but then chose not to do so.

“Following a 60-day independent review into comments made by former Cleveland head coach Hue Jackson that the Browns paid or otherwise provided incentives to lose games during the 2016-17 seasons, former U.S. Attorney and SEC Chair Mary Jo White and a team of lawyers from the Debevoise firm determined that none of the allegations could be substantiated,” the NFL said in the statement.

“The investigation found no evidence to suggest that the Browns’ Four-Year Plan or the club’s ownership or football personnel sought to lose or incentivized losses and made no decisions deliberately to weaken the team to secure a more favorable draft position.

“The comprehensive review included the full cooperation of the Browns and interviews with Jimmy Haslam and current and former members of the organization. While Coach Jackson initially agreed to meet with the investigators, he ultimately did not do so.

“Although unable to speak directly to Coach Jackson, the Debevoise team had access to his public statements and to his filings and testimony in a prior arbitration proceeding. The club also produced thousands of pages of documents, including emails, texts, internal memos and presentation decks as well as other material relating to club operations and the filings and testimony in the arbitration proceeding between the club and Coach Jackson.”

Similar allegations brought by former Dolphins head coach Brian Flores are still being investigated.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
It's a bit of a jump from not verifiable to Jackson lying.

Jackson not cooperating, especially after saying that he had documented proof, isn't a good look though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 08:37 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: It's a bit of a jump from not verifiable to Jackson lying.

Jackson not cooperating, especially after saying that he had documented proof, isn't a good look though.

Perhaps he decided that pursuing that notion was in his best interest for his future or permanent legacy?  I mean, if he pursued it to the end, it would kind of make him look like he actively participated in tanking, rather than saying something at the time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
IMO, Jackson lied and jumped on the Flores complaint bandwagon in an effort to excuse his abysmal Head Coaching record and maybe resurrect his career. He chose poorly.
Reply/Quote
technically its true... Jackson was paid to be the Head Coach and all he did was lose games..

So he was Paid to Lose.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 08:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps he decided that pursuing that notion was in his best interest for his future or permanent legacy?  I mean, if he pursued it to the end, it would kind of make him look like he actively participated in tanking, rather than saying something at the time.

Kind of like the allegations themselves, it is impossible to know the truth of the matter. People will probably believe whatever they want to believe, and there isn't exactly exactly a lot of objective, tangible proof one way or the other. 

I think everyone can agree that the Browns are a dumpster fire of an organization though. 
Reply/Quote
His lawyer informed him that both the Browns and himself would be criminally liable.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
People in and around the NFL lie? NO WAY! That's impossible and besides...It's against the rules! It's a conspiracy to make it appear that anyone has ever lied about anything associated with the NFL.. That's my crackpot theory and I'm sticking to it..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote