Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL says no to PBS watch party
Hamilton County reached out to the NFL for permission to stream the Super Bowl into Paul Brown Stadium for a city watch party. Party poopers that they are, the NFL gave us the thumbs down. I'm sure it has to do with overall ratings. Ifyou get tens of thousands of people together to watch on one screen that is tens of thousands of individual screens not boosting the ratings.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
To be fair, the NFL is charging millions of dollars for 30 second ads. Can't keep charging that if there aren't tens of thousands of people not watching in a stadium.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Guess we'll have to settle for going to the parade on the Monday/Tuesday after.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 07:13 PM)pally Wrote: Hamilton County reached out to the NFL for permission to stream the Super Bowl into Paul Brown Stadium for a city watch party.  Party poopers that they are, the NFL gave us the thumbs down.  I'm sure it has to do with overall ratings.  Ifyou get tens of thousands of people together to watch on one screen that is tens of thousands of individual screens not boosting the ratings.

Thanks for letting us know.
Reply/Quote
Scumbags...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
That is Bull sh. period.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
But they can charge tens of thousands of dollars for seats that 99% of us cannot afford. Greedy bastards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Party poopers

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
How about meeting right outside the stadium?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47r2iyjjhjiahut8zjt9...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
I liked the idea at first. But it does pull bodies away from the local bars and restaurants. I'm sure they could use the business a little more than the stadium
Reply/Quote
You know I think its silly the NFL is not giving permission but I would much rather be at a Super Bowl party than at the cold stadium in a small chair, or a bar even.

Remember buying tickets and doing a similar thing to watch the Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Hitman Thomas Hearns fight and it was just an average experience even though it was a great fight.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hamilton County built the stadium with tax payer dollars and we hardly use it. I would be interested in a gathering at the stadium to watch the Super Bowl. Guess it won't happen though.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 10:42 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Hamilton County built the stadium with tax payer dollars and we hardly use it. I would be interested in a gathering at the stadium to watch the Super Bowl. Guess it won't happen though.

They can still charge a nominal fee to enter the stadium so the NFL can get its $$$ and be happy and the org. thru the concession stands.
Reply/Quote
I don't get it.

Does the NFL get money per TV views?

I realize it's about ratings and the number of people watching, but that would still people watching the ads, just not at home, so couldn't they count that towards the number of viewers?

Actually, wouldn't they prefer to know exactly how many people are seeing the commercials in the stadium because, otherwise, there's so many parties that they'd have no idea how many people are actually crammed around a single TV?

If people had to buy the game, I might get it, but, otherwise, I don't get it because the commercials would be purchased beforehand, so who cares how many TVs see them?

I guess maybe for future year projections, but, again, couldn't they factor in the number of people seeing it from the stadium?

It doesn't make any sense.

Maybe beer companies that sponsor the NFL are mad because less people will buy beers at the stadium when they cost $8 a beer?
Reply/Quote
Can't they show it if it's free?
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
Could they put up a giant TV screen in whatever Riverfront Coliseum is called now and hold the party there?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 05:47 AM)Adamantium Wrote: Can't they show it if it's free?

This is what confuses me. I realize the NFL owns the broadcast rights to the game, but this game is not on NFL network or shown only regionally where people would need Sunday Ticket to see it. It is being broadcast over network NBC airwaves anyone can get with an antenna. I don't see the 10 or 20 thousand people max I think would show up to watch it would make any difference in Nielson ratings. Bars that have to pay to show Sunday ticket will not have to pay to broadcast this game, just put on NBC. It makes no sense really, other than as I've said before, the NFL hates the Brown family.
Reply/Quote
What will they do, call the cops?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Hoping they do something. I’m heading to Cincy with my son Super Bowl weekend. Would like to go where there is a “carnival” atmosphere.
Reply/Quote
Is there still a public broadcasting system? 

Reply/Quote