Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL - the no integrity league
Fan since 67.

Live in NC.

All three sons suckered by their Dad to be Bengal fans
We blew it last night with Hill.

But I am sick and tired about the complete lack of integrity of NFL officials.
The hit by the Steeler linebacker on Gio is called targeting in college and results in ejectment.
Gio was just as defenseless as Brown and any argument otherwise is complete and utter bullshit

Tez hit Brown with his pads. shazier intentionally hit Gio with the crown of his helmet.

The foul on Tez and the media reaction is all because of tez past actions. It is not the result of consistent officiating or a coherent rule consistently applied.

Jones getting a flag to decide the game, no flag on Porter to offset, is complete bullshit.

Roger Godel and NFL do not care about integrity of game because NFL is only major pro sport without fulltime officials.

Steelers continually cheat and get away with dirty "unfortunate" hits. No flag on Shazier, no flag on Decastro, no flag on Porter - all of these non calls having the potential to change the outcome of game.

Not a great stretch to think the fix is in. Right now I have zero confidence in the integrity of the NFL.

If I owned the Bengals I would be in the NFL office throwing things at GODell.

Burfict does not deserve a big fine for hitting with his pads or a suspension with no consequences that mean a dam thing to Shazier, DeCastro or Porter or the coach who pulled Nelson's hair.

But that is all OK because Steelers are still in playoffs and their fans will be watching games , increasing ratings, and making more money for GODel.

Thank you for letting me have this therapeutic rant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Clapping
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh deserves to get bombed by a nuke that's shoved up Goodell's ass as he's thrown from a plane piloted by the ref from last night while getting shot down by Pacman's entourage.
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see more studies done on this, but I strongly feel that the more rules and precautions the NFL continues to put into place, the more harm (both against the players and the game) it is doing all around.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:16 PM)barkerja Wrote: I'd love to see more studies done on this, but I strongly feel that the more rules and precautions the NFL continues to put into place, the more harm (both against the players and the game) it is doing all around.

Because the NFL is too cheap to have full time officials who work 70 hours a week watching film to understand the rules and apply them consistently. You are dead on. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:19 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Because the NFL is too cheap to have full time officials who work 70 hours a week watching film to understand the rules and apply them consistently. You are dead on. 

I don't even think that is the crux of the problem; sometimes it feels the rules put into place to "protect" the players are actually counter-productive due to the way it forces players to play. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:07 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Steelers continually cheat and get away with dirty "unfortunate" hits. No flag on Shazier, no flag on Decastro, no flag on Porter - all of these non calls having the potential to change the outcome of game.

+1
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:07 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Fan since 67.

Live in NC.

The hit by the Steeler linebacker on Gio is called targeting in college and results in ejectment.
Gio was just as defenseless as Brown and any argument otherwise is complete and utter bullshit

Tez hit Brown with his pads. shazier intentionally hit Gio with the crown of his helmet.

The foul on Tez and the media reaction is all because of tez past actions. It is not the result of consistent officiating or a coherent rule consistently applied.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Jones getting a flag to decide the game, no flag on Porter to offset, is complete bullshit.

Roger Godel and NFL do not care about integrity of game because NFL is only major pro sport without fulltime officials.

Steelers continually cheat andBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSDLSLKDJSLDKJSDLSJDSDJLSDJutcome of game.

Not a great stretch to think the fix is in. Right now I have zero confidence in the integrity of the NFL.
n
Burfict does not deserve a big fine for hitting with his pads or a suspension with no consequences that mean a dam thing to Shazier, DeCastro or Porter or the coach who pulled Nelson's hair.

But that is all OK because Steelers are still in playoffs and their fans will be watching games , increasing ratings, and making more money for GODel.

Yup
Reply/Quote
The league goes practically to the ends of the earth after the Patriots over a couple ounces of air, yet doesn't even bat an eye when a Steeler publicly issues a criminal threat against Burfict.

And this lack of integrity was on full display last night.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Thats Goedell and the NFL. Burfict got threatened over social media and nothing. Like it didn't happen. Their coaches become part of the actual game and Goedell is like well we'll fine them. They are inciting players as participants in the game and Goedell acts like it's nothing. Whats are you going to let them do next Goedell. The integrity of the NFL doesn't even excist. To be competitive in this league you have to cheat and our team has integrity so we are screwed.

How does the Patriots get investigated for a couple p.s.i. of air in a ball and the Steelers coaches are allowed to get physical with the opposing team and become acting participants on the field of play?

Maybe the Rooney's have something on Goedell?

Because it sure seems like the NFL is taking care of and assisting the Pittsburg Steelers.

Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
I have not any confidence in the integrity of the NFL for a while now and last night just took the cake. If anybody couldn't see that last night's game wasn't called fairly, they are either Steelers fans or just don't want to admit the officiating could be biased.

I'm tired of this crap. Just about every game you can see one team getting away with things that the other team doesn't. I have no faith in the NFL at all.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Great post - and because of the same things you mention, after 25 years of season tickets, I'm out. The NFL has become a joke. That officiating crew should never see the field again. Anybody want seats in Row 2 of 306. Good seats, on the goal line... Bengals sideline. I would so much rather have someone get my license than give it back to the Bengals!

Also, I can't believe I'm typing this, because I love football... ugh!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:07 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Fan since 67.

Live in NC.

Steelers continually cheat and get away with dirty "unfortunate" hits. No flag on Shazier, no flag on Decastro, no flag on Porter - all of these non calls having the potential to change the outcome of game.

If I owned the Bengals I would be in the NFL office throwing things at GODell.

Alright, this is the last thread I'll post this video - unless a new thread pops up about it...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8eognJrC1Q

I'm sorry, but it's difficult to watch this video and not think there's a script like WWF w/ even the announcers in on it.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel like the game was set up to be what it was last night from the moment it became clear we would be playing the Steelers. I am referring to the way it was sold by the media, assigned officiating crew, goofy sounding league memos, broadcasters, and even timeslot. Rather it was “fixed” or not, this game was billed as the NFLs version of the WWE for numerous marketing reasons. I do not believe there was any REAL attempt to make it anything other than the circus it was. Make of that what you will but I find it downright ridiculous to hear them all condemning the game which ended up being exactly how they marketed it to be. Do I personally think the NFL is fixed? I am still on the fence about this. For the most part, I don’t believe that it is actually predetermined but I also don’t think the people who believe otherwise are “crazy” either. I just believe that the NFL sets up certain circumstances (not necessarily the outcomes) in order to get the kind of games they can market a certain way.
Reply/Quote