Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL trade deadline
Curious as to when this is? They could use another TE, G or DT and AJ needs to go and maybe Geno too.
Reply/Quote
THose players do not have tradeable contracts
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
November 3.

I don’t see anyone on the Cincinnati roster who would be serious trade bait for anyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: November 3.

I don’t see anyone on the Cincinnati roster who would be serious trade bait for anyone.

John Ross

sorry.... just wishful thinking.... Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ross and Hart could be traded
Reply/Quote

I'm pretty sure that there would be a handful of teams willing to take Burrow and his rookie deal.
Reply/Quote

Ross would draw some interest just based on some team thinking that 'they" might be able get his light bulb to turn on. Trading Ross now gives the Bengals a chance to send him outside the AFC North.

Reply/Quote
Trade involves someone wanting something we don't, and giving up something they don't want for something we have that they want. People can say "trade X, Y or Z" but someone must want them, so that will thin out people. Then, they would have to give us something in return they want. Not for dumping bodies for 7th round picks, nor do I think we have the bodies to ship off to get a good O-lineman or something.
Reply/Quote
Draft picks are trade bait, aren't they? But that only works if you're in the playoff hunt and I don't think we are.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Everybody here might think Ross is a waste, but come the trade deadline someone will come calling just for his ability to make the defense defend the deep pass. I mean we'd only get a late round pick for him, but that's not nothing, and unlike last year I think we'd do it.

Regarding the original post, nobody would trade for AJ or Geno due to their contracts. It's not inconceivable that somebody might ask about Dunlap, but they'd have to make a serious offer for him.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:51 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Ross and Hart could be traded

Who is playing RT if they trade Hart?

Also, why would anyone trade for Hart?

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 09:20 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Everybody here might think Ross is a waste, but come the trade deadline someone will come calling just for his ability to make the defense defend the deep pass. I mean we'd only get a late round pick for him, but that's not nothing, and unlike last year I think we'd do it.

Regarding the original post, nobody would trade for AJ or Geno due to their contracts. It's not inconceivable that somebody might ask about Dunlap, but they'd have to make a serious offer for him.
i know people won't like this but if you can get a 4th or up for Dunlap jump on it. He is on a hard decline as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 09:03 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Ross would draw some interest just based on some team thinking that 'they" might be able get his light bulb to turn on. Trading Ross now gives the Bengals a chance to send him outside the AFC North.

Any team that is going to take a flyer on Ross will probably wait until we cut him and get him for nothing.  The odds of Ross being able to learn a playbook during the season seem infinitesimal. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:25 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Curious as to when this is? They could use another TE, G or DT and AJ needs to go and maybe Geno too.

No WAY should we trade Geno. That is crazy talk.

And while AJ is looking poor at the moment, it could be rust. 

Better to hope they return. If AJ does not, then splash that cash on the best FO OL there is.
Reply/Quote

You couldn't trade either of those guys for a deflated football, coated in a newly discovered Covid-20/AIDS hyrbrid strain.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Any team that is going to take a flyer on Ross will probably wait until we cut him and get him for nothing.  The odds of Ross being able to learn a playbook during the season seem infinitesimal. 

Not to mention learning how to catch and run routes.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not to mention learning how to catch and run routes.

Hell, for next to nothing a GM could get an entire WR corps out of 1st round draft busts from the past 5 years for next to nothing and coach 'em all up.

John Ross
Kevin White
Corey Coleman
Josh Doctson
Laquon Treadwell
Breshard Perriman
Phillip Dorsett
Reply/Quote

What? Do they still have college eligibility or something?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 11:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hell, for next to nothing a GM could get an entire WR corps out of 1st round draft busts from the past 5 years for next to nothing and coach 'em all up.

John Ross
Kevin White
Corey Coleman
Josh Doctson
Laquon Treadwell

Breshard Perriman
Phillip Dorsett

I remember is 2016 how mad we were that our former coordinators took these 2 just before our pick. 

We had to settle for Tyler Boyd in the 2nd
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember is 2016 how mad we were that our former coordinators took these 2 just before our pick. 

We had to settle for Tyler Boyd in the 2nd

I liked Doctson along with Will Fuller that year myself. We did pretty well in hindsight, although Fuller is pretty good when healthy. Treadwell though? I remember some of us being excited about Cody Core because he was the real threat in college, and Treadwell just benefited from his presence.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote