Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL trade deadline
Not a trade, but Lapham today mentioned that Marcell Dareus is "on the street". Has he opted out this season? If he is in decent shape the Bengals should at least explore that avenue...or street.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:46 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No WAY should we trade Geno. That is crazy talk.

And while AJ is looking poor at the moment, it could be rust. 

Better to hope they return. If AJ does not, then splash that cash on the best FO OL there is.

We’re a quarter of the way through the season at this point. It’s not rust...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 11:40 PM)jason Wrote: I liked Doctson along with Will Fuller that year myself. We did pretty well in hindsight, although Fuller is pretty good when healthy. Treadwell though? I remember some of us being excited about Cody Core because he was the real threat in college, and Treadwell just benefited from his presence.

I don't think you're remembering things right jason. Cody Core was available in the 6th or 7th round (wherever we took him) because he didn't catch a lot of passes as a receiver. We took him as a special teams guy and I was actually surprised that Marvin even put him out there as a WR in the NFL seeing how he wasn't even used much in that role in college. But Core was fast, if I remember correctly.

But I was kind of happy we didn't get Treadwell. He didn't show himself to be a good route runner or have a lot of speed in college. He just seemed to be a big possession receiver. I didn't think he would translate well to the NFL (especially as high as he was taken), but didn't think he would be a downright bust.

Doctson looked like he could become a great receiver after his first year, if he kept developing, but I really don't know what happened to him after his first year.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:47 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I don't think you're remembering things right jason. Cody Core was available in the 6th or 7th round (wherever we took him) because he didn't catch a lot of passes as a receiver. We took him as a special teams guy and I was actually surprised that Marvin even put him out there as a WR in the NFL seeing how he wasn't even used much in that role in college. But Core was fast, if I remember correctly.

But I was kind of happy we didn't get Treadwell. He didn't show himself to be a good route runner or have a lot of speed in college. He just seemed to be a big possession receiver. I didn't think he would translate well to the NFL (especially as high as he was taken), but didn't think he would be a downright bust.

Doctson looked like he could become a great receiver after his first year, if he kept developing, but I really don't know what happened to him after his first year.

Doctson wound up being injured his rookie year. After that, he was noted for having a nonchalant attitude. He didn't always go all out during the games and had a tendency to have some costly penalties. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:25 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Curious as to when this is? They could use another TE, G or DT and AJ needs to go and maybe Geno too.

The only player I could see them parting with is Ross, but that would take a really WR-hungry team and I doubt the Bengals would get much in return.  
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Any team that is going to take a flyer on Ross will probably wait until we cut him and get him for nothing.  The odds of Ross being able to learn a playbook during the season seem infinitesimal. 

LOL

He can't learn the playbook even with years in the system.

Reply/Quote
Just realized something. With Ross a healthy scratch, we haven't lost a game? He brings us good luck on the bench.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: THose players do not have tradeable contracts

Depends regarding AJ Green.
If a team was willing, that new team would be on the hook for the remaining money.
It would be about $9 mill to "rent" AJ for the second half of the year.
However, there could be a negotiation in trade for the Bengals to cover a portion of that remaining $9 mill to lessen the blow on the new team financially.

With that said, I doubt AJ Green has showed enough that a team would want him, but teams on the cusp of a playoff appearance sometimes get crazy and will look to add just that one "missing piece."

Also, AJ has a proven career, which typically increases someone more willing to trade for him, even though he's not doing much right now.

If AJ can fetch anything in the 4th round or above, you have to consider it, right?

I think for Atkins, a team wouldn't be willing simply because he isn't healthy and you don't know when he will be.
But perhaps you might be able to trade him in the offseason, as he still has 2 more years left on his deal after this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends regarding AJ Green.
If a team was willing, that new team would be on the hook for the remaining money.
It would be about $9 mill to "rent" AJ for the second half of the year.
However, there could be a negotiation in trade for the Bengals to cover a portion of that remaining $9 mill to lessen the blow on the new team financially.

With that said, I doubt AJ Green has showed enough that a team would want him, but teams on the cusp of a playoff appearance sometimes get crazy and will look to add just that one "missing piece."

Also, AJ has a proven career, which typically increases someone more willing to trade for him, even though he's not doing much right now.

If AJ can fetch anything in the 4th round or above, you have to consider it, right?

I think for Atkins, a team wouldn't be willing simply because he isn't healthy and you don't know when he will be.
But perhaps you might be able to trade him in the offseason, as he still has 2 more years left on his deal after this year.
I'm gonna go on record right now saying that there will come a time this season where AJ will prove that the reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated.

I still believe his greatest value to the Bengals will be as a Bengal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:02 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Not a trade, but Lapham today mentioned that Marcell Dareus is "on the street".  Has he opted out this season?  If he is in decent shape the Bengals should at least explore that avenue...or street.

He's a notorious sand bagger. Was public in his condemnation of former coaches/organizations. Hard pass. 
Reply/Quote
You think the Colts would trade us Quenton Nelson for our first rounder in 2021, 2022 and 2023?

I'd throw in John Ross too if it helps.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:33 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You think the Colts would trade us Quenton Nelson for our first rounder in 2021, 2022 and 2023?

I'd throw in John Ross too if it helps.

[Image: ba2c67fcf810ea6aada3c967368440bd.gif]

Reply/Quote