Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFl writer a joke
I love how he start the article with a reference to Daltons ugly interception then later adds well Ross was partly to blame. WTF,, the dispiese for Dalton by those in the so called sports press is amazing
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000946883/article/joe-mixon-on-bengals-revamped-attack-we-rollin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The sooner you learn to not give a crap about what major sports media outlets portray about the Bengals the sooner you will enjoy the Bengals season. That actually goes for most teams and sports though. Sports writing on the Internet has gotten very sloppy, well hell, news in general. It's all about who can get the quickest blurbs out the fastest to garner the most clicks with minimal editing, desire for accuracy, or quality control.

News on the Internet these days is all about post first to get attention/clicks and then maybe make corrections later, if challenged. But even then not often.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
All he proved is he didn't watch the game. The INT was fully on Ross falling down, otherwise it probably is a catch.
Reply/Quote
The interesting thing here if you look deep in the well, I seen a twitter someone posted on here that Ross was trying to interrupt an interview with AJ. AJ may not or probably wouldn't have done that. So, it let the air out of his hype. Maybe, who knows?

Reply/Quote
Yeah that pick 6 was on Ross, but I guess it was technically Dalton's INT because Dalton threw it. It seems like lazy writing, but one guy is our QB and the other is our 1st round WR we are dying to see do something so we don't like seeing either one involved in that sort of play. It almost seems like it would have been more of a shot at the Bengals to point out how getting Ross involved in a play has a 50% or so chance of leading to a turnover.

Let's just be happy an article that mentions Mixon in the title doesn't remind us that he punched a woman in the face.
Reply/Quote
"partly the result of Ross slipping to the ground. "

lol
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: "partly the result of Ross slipping to the ground. "

lol

Maybe the guy is a huge mark for John Ross?
Reply/Quote
The INT was on Ross.

With that said, Dalton can very easily shut up the haters. Start playing like he did in 2015 and win some playoff games. When he was on his streak in 2015 many of the MSM was giving him props.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I love how he start the article with a reference to Daltons ugly interception then later adds well Ross was partly to blame. WTF,, the dispiese for Dalton by those in the so called sports press is amazing
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000946883/article/joe-mixon-on-bengals-revamped-attack-we-rollin

Never let facts get in the way of an agenda.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:21 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Never let facts get in the way of an agenda.

I'll play devil's advocate here and say I think Marc Sessler normally does pretty good work and his agenda might MIGHT be to promote the potential of John Ross more than hate on the Bengals.  Maybe? 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:21 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Never let facts get in the way of an agenda.

That sadly applies to most news sources no matter the topic.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
That was about as good of throw Dalton could of made. The Bears corner was 3 yards out of position when Ross slipped. If he stays on his feet it's an easy 20 yard pickup. That was about the biggest gift INT I've ever seen.
Reply/Quote
BREAKING NEWS: Andy Dalton Linked to Russian Oligarchs with Ties to Putin
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:17 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The sooner you learn to not give a crap about what major sports media outlets portray about the Bengals the sooner you will enjoy the Bengals season.  That actually goes for most teams and sports though.  Sports writing on the Internet has gotten very sloppy, well hell, news in general.  It's all about who can get the quickest blurbs out the fastest to garner the most clicks with minimal editing, desire for accuracy, or quality control.

News on the Internet these days is all about post first to get attention/clicks and then maybe make corrections later, if challenged.  But even then not often.

Dead on.  And I don't want to get in to political crap, but this isn't restricted to just sports.

BTW, I laugh every time I see your avatar.  
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 01:58 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: That was about as good of throw Dalton could of made.   The Bears corner was 3 yards out of position when Ross slipped.   If he stays on his feet it's an easy 20 yard pickup.   That was about the biggest gift INT I've ever seen.

Ironically, it was week 1 against the Bears several years ago that AJ tipped a perfect pass right in to the arms of peanut Tillman for an INT.  

Andy looked awesome and I think he is "ready to hang around and give them (media, doubters) all a nice shitburger to eat"
Reply/Quote
you have to realize that unless its a local writer or reporter talking about us, they probably didnt watch the game theyre talking about. most people that write about us from the outside media watch nfl network highlights and then speak as if they have any context of anything that happened.
Reply/Quote
C'mon , everyone knows that sports writers can't state things if they're not true.  They're beholden to the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Why, they'd be strung up by their hemorrhoids if they even so much as express an unfavorable opinion of another team. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 02:51 AM)Shady Wrote: BREAKING NEWS: Andy Dalton Linked to Russian Oligarchs with Ties to Putin

Exactly this ^^

It's cool to crap on the Bengals. Just yesterday on MSN homepage... the Bengals were ranked 32 in some publication. How? Why? They just stated we were worse than the Browns, no facts or true reasons given.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 09:23 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: you have to realize that unless its a local writer or reporter talking about us, they probably didnt watch the game theyre talking about. most people that write about us from the outside media watch nfl network highlights and then speak as if they have any context of anything that happened.

The problem is these guys write all the time on the NFL. Marc Sessler has been writing since 2010 so it is not like he does not know what is going on. I can only assume his own perception of Andy influenced his writing.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 09:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I love how he start the article with a reference to Daltons ugly interception then later adds well Ross was partly to blame. WTF,, the dispiese for Dalton by those in the so called sports press is amazing

Maybe this "sports writer" is really John Ross taking a page out of Kevin Durants twitter playbook.
Reply/Quote