Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NK announces Closure Of Nuclear Test Site, Suspending Missile Tests
(04-23-2018, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trump took over a booming economy and threw gas on the fire with huge tax cuts.  So it is still booming.

Other than that he has not accomplished anything.  No immigration reform.  No health care reform.  No new trade deal with China or anyone else.  No US corporations re-patriating those billions of dollars held in other countries.

All we got were some tax cuts when we did not need tax cuts.

Booming economy? GDP of less than 2% and worst in our history. Come on man.

Obama focused on job killing measures like Obama Care while Trump focused on jobs before he got in office. A bad economy was finally on the upswing, but Trump understands the economy and jobs and make that his primary focus while dismantling ISIS which previous guy could not figure out.  So I disagree, I think he has worked on everything he said he would and kept his political promises. H needs help from Congress on immigration and offered more for the Dreamers than Obama offered, yet the Democrats said no.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(04-23-2018, 04:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Booming economy? GDP of less than 2% and worst in our history. Come on man.

Obama focused on job killing measures like Obama Care while Trump focused on jobs before he got in office. A bad economy was finally on the upswing, but Trump understands the economy and jobs and make that his primary focus while dismantling ISIS which previous guy could not figure out.  So I disagree, I think he has worked on everything he said he would and kept his political promises. H needs help from Congress on immigration and offered more for the Dreamers than Obama offered, yet the Democrats said no.

Jobs?  Like the Carrier plant that sent the jobs to Mexico anyway?

Or the manufacturing jobs that rise and falls regularly?

How about  that economy "finally on an upswing"?

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/

Quote:
  • The economy gained a net 11.6 million jobs. The unemployment rate dropped to below the historical norm.
  • Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 4.1 percent after inflation. The gain was 3.7 percent for just production and nonsupervisory employees.
  • After-tax corporate profits also set records, as did stock prices. The S&P 500 index rose 166 percent.
  • The number of people lacking health insurance dropped by 15 million. Premiums rose, but more slowly than before.

Obama inherited a recession and oversaw not only a reversal but also an improvement.

Trump has had one budget so far.  We won't see any results from the GOP Tax Bill until next year.  But we do know it will increase the deficit by a trillion dollars.  Which will be bad for the country.

I mean you can believe anything you want.  You have your own opinions.  But there are facts too.  Those aren't opinions.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-23-2018, 12:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: As seen in most of the responses there are a lot of "ifs" in this so far.

NK has shown to be unreliable with their promises in the past.

I heard a story this morning that said part of the reasoning to stop the testing is NK may have HAD to stop because of damage to the mountain where they test too.

Trump might have fallen into a good thing here despite his lack of understanding on the issues and his, shall we say "colorful" style of communicating with other people.

(04-23-2018, 01:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: I love the knee jerk defense of Trump from people who claim to know more than everyone else too.   Smirk

Calling people names (Slimeball, Little rocketman, etc,) is not being non-pc...it's being childish and borish. If you would have read my post without the MAGA Glasses you would see that I mentioned the timing seems to have fallen in Trump's favor.  That's all.  Like Reagan with the Berlin Wall the natural progression lead to the person being there at the right time.

Nothing Trump said or did was different other than his inability to have an adult conversation in public.  He has not gotten anything "done" with NK other than make steps to legitimize a dictator by promising a meeting with him.  And NK has done nothing they have not done in the past with promises of denuclearization.   

The rest is moot to the conversation about NK, but I will say plenty of people took Obama to task for that.  My guess is you saw some people that did not so you think he didn't get enough heat for it.  That's your problem, nobody else's.

Do as I say not as I do.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-23-2018, 04:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Booming economy? GDP of less than 2% and worst in our history. Come on man.

So many factual errors here.  Dino has corrected the ones dealing with the economy. How does a president who produces 7 years of steady job growth get called for the worst economy in history?

I will just mention that Obama killed far more ISIS members than Trump did--over 10,000 by August 2016. Trump took office as the ground campaign to eradicate them was already underway. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/01/25/obamas-isis-policy-is-working-for-trump/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.355a2384fca6
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/05/31/trumps-secret-plan-to-defeat-isis-looks-a-lot-like-obamas/
Remember presidential candidate Donald Trump’s secret plan to defeat the Islamic State? And his boast that he knew more than the generals did about the Islamic State (thus implying he’d replace them once in office)? More campaign rhetoric crashing on the rocks of reality: The Trump administration just endorsed the core elements of former President Barack Obama’s counter-Islamic State plan, and Trump has decided that Obama’s generals weren’t so bad, either.

Apparently Obama did "figure it out" and Trump just picked up where Obama left off.
Sort of. Then Trump proclaimed we were leaving Syria before the job was done--and then came then next big gas attack.

Maybe someone else will explain what happened with the Dreamers.

It is a serious problem for the country when millions of voters are so daily disinformed, and vote based on that disinformation.  That is what keeps a bad leader in power driving bad policies and defeating good ones.
NK announced they are done testing their nukes and the right wing nut huggers want to give Drumph the Noble Peace Prize. Hilarious
Porkchop said his country is done testing. He didn't give anything up or destroy any nukes. He thinks he holds the cards now. Drumph better take his check book with him. At least this takes away some of the spot light from Cohen. MAGA ThumbsUp
(04-23-2018, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do as I say not as I do.

Was that directed at me?

If so I was trying to stay on topic with NK and Trump versus the economy under Obama and vs Trump.

My apologies I guess.
(04-23-2018, 06:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Was that directed at me?

If so I was trying to stay on topic with NK and Trump versus the economy under Obama and vs Trump.

My apologies I guess.

Of course it was directed at you; as you were the first to bring other issues into the forum (I even bolded the line for you). Does the line I bolded appear to be trying to stay on topic?

No need to apologize though; as it is who you are. You couldn't acknowledge something that appears to be a very good thing without bringing up Trump's "cluelessness". Just don't reprimand others for going off topic when you were the first to do so. 

(04-23-2018, 08:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course it was directed at you; as you were the first to bring other issues into the forum (I even bolded the line for you). Does the line I bolded appear to be trying to stay on topic?

No need to apologize though; as it is who you are. You couldn't acknowledge something that appears to be a very good thing without bringing up Trump's "cluelessness". Just don't reprimand others for going off topic when you were the first to do so. 

I was referencing the POTUS and his "colorful" way of addressing people in relation to the NK situation.  His lack of understanding the issues also covers international deals like the one he wants with NK.  I'm not sure where I went off the rails like luvnit by talking specifically about the economy...which I then did address briefly.

I guess you felt that warranted a personal attack and an attempt at a "gotcha".  So, if you say so.
(04-23-2018, 08:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was referencing the POTUS and his "colorful" way of addressing people in relation to the NK situation.  His lack of understanding the issues also covers international deals like the one he wants with NK.  I'm not sure where I went off the rails like luvnit by talking specifically about the economy...which I then did address briefly.

I guess you felt that warranted a personal attack and an attempt at a "gotcha".  So, if you say so.

Just ignore it. You were 100% on topic. Devote that energy towards people interested in furthering conversation and not just desperately looking for a gotcha in every thread. 

The general consensus is "I hope this isn't another ploy, because if it's not it's a great thing". At that point, it's just a waiting game.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-23-2018, 08:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was referencing the POTUS and his "colorful" way of addressing people in relation to the NK situation.  His lack of understanding the issues also covers international deals like the one he wants with NK.  I'm not sure where I went off the rails like luvnit by talking specifically about the economy...which I then did address briefly.

I'll take you at your word that you were referring to the NK issue only with the bolded statement. Luvnit, much as I did, took as a general statement of disdain in efforts to mitigate a good outcome.  

(04-23-2018, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll take you at your word that you were referring to the NK issue only with the bolded statement. Luvnit, much as I did, took as a general statement of disdain in efforts to mitigate a good outcome.  

We took it that way as that was the intent.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(04-23-2018, 04:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Jobs?  Like the Carrier plant that sent the jobs to Mexico anyway?

Or the manufacturing jobs that rise and falls regularly?

How about  that economy "finally on an upswing"?

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/

Obama inherited a recession and oversaw not only a reversal but also an improvement.

Trump has had one budget so far.  We won't see any results from the GOP Tax Bill until next year.  But we do know it will increase the deficit by a trillion dollars.  Which will be bad for the country.

I mean you can believe anything you want.  You have your own opinions.  But there are facts too.  Those aren't opinions.

You lose when you look at unemployment and job growth, no facts for you stating Trump has not grown jobs and reduced unemployment. Fact check and snopes are 2 known liberal propaganda arms of the left. No, we have no idea what the tax bill will do long term, we have opinions of what it will do, opinions that do nor factor in higher labor participation rate and many other factors. So, yeah you too have an opinion, but as you said we won;t know actual outcome on tax law changes to benefit the middle class for many years

(04-24-2018, 12:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You lose when you look at unemployment and job growth, no facts for you stating Trump has not grown jobs and reduced unemployment. Fact check and snopes are 2 known liberal propaganda arms of the left. No, we have no idea what the tax bill will do long term, we have opinions of what it will do, opinions that do nor factor in higher labor participation rate and many other factors. So, yeah you too have an opinion, but as you said we won;t know actual outcome on tax law changes to benefit the middle class for many years

I never said Trump didn't have job growth during his first year.  I said your claim that Obama did a poor job with the economy is demonstrably wrong.

But at least you can not see the difference between an opinion and a fact (the tax bill).  If that could be applied to any future comments that would be great.  However it is not *my* opinion...it is the educated guess of those who study such things and have the data to back it up.  Does that mean they will be 100% accurate?  Of course not.  It does mean it is more than one of us just guessing and espousing our opinions on what might happen.
(04-23-2018, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll take you at your word that you were referring to the NK issue only with the bolded statement. Luvnit, much as I did, took as a general statement of disdain in efforts to mitigate a good outcome.  

(04-23-2018, 11:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We took it that way as that was the intent.

I think we ALL want a good outcome.  Whether it is a result of good planning, good luck or a combination of both.  I cited Reagan and the Berlin Wall for a reason:  While Regan had good intentions his policies were only a part of the end result.  Having Gorbachev in office, the collapsing of the Russian economy, the rising of the youth movement in Easter Europe...all of those things happened to happen during Reagan's terms in office.

I don't think Trump has a "plan" short of what he always does: Bully, name call, bluster and let the people behind the scenes really try and work on the things he doesn't care about or care to understand.  But if it all works out that's good for all of us.
(04-24-2018, 12:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You lose when you look at unemployment and job growth, no facts for you stating Trump has not grown jobs and reduced unemployment. 

Obama lowered unemployment more than Trump has.

Trump took over an economy that was experiencing record corporate profits, rising house prices, and a stock market that had doubled in value under Obama.

Why did we need massive tax cuts for corporations that were already recording record profits?  And why were the tax cuts for individuals just temporaray while the corporate tax cuts were permanent?  Almost all of the benefit of thre tax cuts went to the wealthy while the middle sclass was bought of with a few crumbs.
I'm not bothering to read all of the mess in here. Tl;dr: this isn't the first time this has happened.

DPRK has said before what denuclearization would look like. That would involve the US pulling troops out of the Korean Peninsula, ending our umbrella protection for Korea and Japan, and some other things. DPRK has stopped testing in the past to come to the table with these demands and nothing has come of it. We'll see if anything changes this time, but until there is an actual deal worked out about the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and peace between the two nations, I remain skeptical and without cause to celebrate anything.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Drumph now calling the north Korean porkchop "very honorable" Hilarious Hilarious . What a load. Hilarious
(04-24-2018, 12:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You lose when you look at unemployment and job growth, no facts for you stating Trump has not grown jobs and reduced unemployment. Fact check and snopes are 2 known liberal propaganda arms of the left. No, we have no idea what the tax bill will do long term, we have opinions of what it will do, opinions that do nor factor in higher labor participation rate and many other factors. So, yeah you too have an opinion, but as you said we won;t know actual outcome on tax law changes to benefit the middle class for many years

Youch!   So much "known" here about "propaganda"; just "opinions" on the tax bill though.
Helps me understand why disinformation just keeps circulating. Liberal facts are the worst kind. Avoid at all costs.

Is there a known conservative propaganda arm of the right? 

If we check it, would we find that employment and the economy WERE NOT heading steadily upward for seven years before Trump?
"The worst" rising unemployment and job growth suddenly became "the best" on Jan. 20,2017. 

When the only "news" source you watch is Faux News, you could end up believing the earth is flat.
(04-24-2018, 08:41 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Drumph now calling  the north Korean porkchop "very honorable"   Hilarious  Hilarious .  What a load.  Hilarious

He's showing respect for a leader that's apparently backing down from something that made him a serious threat.

People bash Trump for everything, then he pulls this off, shows the guy respect, and people still bash him.

It's a give-and-take thing.

Democrats and Trump-haters will find reasons to ***** about everything.