Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NORTH CAROLINA GOP PRIMARY WINNER SAYS GOD IS A WHITE SUPREMACIST, JEWS ARE SATANIC
(07-04-2018, 12:23 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The North Carolina Republican Party pulled their support, it says that in the very first sentence in the second paragraph of the story in the OP.

The guy is a whack job and won the primary with one vote...his own.

Ok, not his own and received a total of 824 votes while the other guy received 447. I wonder if the winners family voted for the other guy, lol.

So, are there 824 racists in this district or is it because he was the first name on the ballot or was it because people knew his name or was it because the other guy was worse or a what?

Anyway, this guy won't be a State Rep and most likely won't be voted Dog Catcher but you never know.

Meh, the OP was just a failed attempt to paint Republicans as racists and ignorant. It has already blown up in his face. This is perhaps the biggest fail in the forum since that one dude started the thread about that "Right-Wing conservative old white dude" Harvey Weinstein. 

Kudos for the GOP once again putting principle over party and pulling their support. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-04-2018, 09:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Kudos for the GOP once again putting principle over party and pulling their support. 

OK, good for the GOP indeed. But wow, the bar for kudos is looooow. 
These great guys don't support a white supremacist! And almost stopped supporting a molester of adolescent girls! These are true heroes.

I'd guess the bigger question still is how do guys like this come up in the first place - and how can they actually win primaries. Of course most republicans aren't racists, but at least in this tiny district many are alarmingly indifferent about these things. And that's not that much better.
(07-04-2018, 09:52 AM)hollodero Wrote: OK, good for the GOP indeed. But wow, the bar for kudos is looooow. 
These great guys don't support a white supremacist! And almost stopped supporting a molester of adolescent girls! These are true heroes.

I'd guess the bigger question still is how do guys like this come up in the first place - and how can they actually win primaries. Of course most republicans aren't racists, but at least in this tiny district many are alarmingly indifferent about these things. And that's not that much better.

No one said they were heroes; I simply applauded their choice to longer support this guy once his words came to light.

I suppose the answer to your question is that we are not at the point yet where we outlaw someone's views. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-04-2018, 09:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No one said they were heroes; I simply applauded their choice to longer support this guy once his words came to light.

Fair enough, I withdraw the hyperbole. I still don't think it's worthy of actual applause to do what should be completely obvious.

(07-04-2018, 09:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose the answer to your question is that we are not at the point yet where we outlaw someone's views. 

I didn't advocate outlawing them.
(07-04-2018, 12:23 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The North Carolina Republican Party pulled their support, it says that in the very first sentence in the second paragraph of the story in the OP.

The guy is a whack job and won the primary with one vote...his own.

Ok, not his own and received a total of 824 votes while the other guy received 447. I wonder if the winners family voted for the other guy, lol.

So, are there 824 racists in this district or is it because he was the first name on the ballot or was it because people knew his name or was it because the other guy was worse or a what?

Anyway, this guy won't be a State Rep and most likely won't be voted Dog Catcher but you never know.

So, again, 2/3 of the voters were in favor of a known racist.

If that doesn't say something about the Republican voters I don't know what does.

Does that equate to a nationwide trend?  I don't think so.  But we'll see.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-04-2018, 09:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, the OP was just a failed attempt to paint Republicans as racists and ignorant. It has already blown up in his face. This is perhaps the biggest fail in the forum since that one dude started the thread about that "Right-Wing conservative old white dude" Harvey Weinstein. 

Kudos for the GOP once again putting principle over party and pulling their support. 

Nothing will ever match that hall of fame thread.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall