Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRA proposes plan for world peace
Give every single nation in the world a massive supply of nuclear warheads and long range missiles that can strike anywhere on earth.

What do you guys think?
(08-22-2016, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Give every single nation in the world a massive supply of nuclear warheads and long range missiles that can strike anywhere on earth.

What do you guys think?

Link ?

(((bait)))

*awaits replies, followed by comparisons to firearm ownership in the U.S.*

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(08-22-2016, 01:19 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Link ?

[Image: s-l300.jpg]
Unintentionally, you were closer to making the NRA's point than you realize. US nuclear policy is centered around deterrence. No one else will use nukes or the US will use their nukes on you. So, essentially, US nuclear policy is it takes a good guy with a nuke to stop a bad guy from using a nuke. Sound familiar at all?
Take away my gun and i will have an irobot android to protect me in no time. And we all saw how that movie played out.

Shit i need a gun. I live in Colerain. Pretty sure i have a meth house across the street, pill house to the left and weed house to my right. And for some reason i still dont have a gun. I am confident in my knife game though.
(08-23-2016, 01:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Take away my gun and i will have an irobot android to protect me in no time. And we all saw how that movie played out.

Shit i need a gun. I live in Colerain. Pretty sure i have a meth house across the street, pill house to the left and weed house to my right. And for some reason i still dont have a gun. I am confident in my knife game though.

I usually present at the high school up there at least once a year, so thanks for the confidence booster  ThumbsUp
(08-23-2016, 12:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Unintentionally, you were closer to making the NRA's point than you realize.  US nuclear policy is centered around deterrence.  No one else will use nukes or the US will use their nukes on you.  So, essentially, US nuclear policy is it takes a good guy with a nuke to stop a bad guy from using a nuke.  Sound familiar at all?

What happens when a crazy bad guy slips through the cracks and gets a nuclear weapon?

Will we write it off as a "lone gunman", "one nutcase"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-23-2016, 01:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Take away my gun and i will have an irobot android to protect me in no time. And we all saw how that movie played out.

Damn if I ever jump off the wagon, we are going to be besties.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-23-2016, 12:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: s-l300.jpg]
Purely poetic, responding with a bumper-sticker.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(08-22-2016, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Give every single nation in the world  a massive supply of nuclear warheads and long range missiles that can strike anywhere on earth.

What do you guys think?

If you think about it, though, it would work. Either every nation would be too scared to launch and ensure humanity's demise thereby securing peace OR someone would launch which would lead to humanity's demise securing peace. Either way, peace is secured with one way being a little more lasting than the other. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-23-2016, 01:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Take away my gun and i will have an irobot android to protect me in no time. And we all saw how that movie played out.

I had no idea we were neighbors.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-23-2016, 08:22 AM)GMDino Wrote: What happens when a crazy bad guy slips through the cracks and gets a nuclear weapon?

Will we write it off as a "lone gunman", "one nutcase"?

Since they're so easy to get I'm sure we'll have an answer for you shortly.  
(08-23-2016, 12:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Unintentionally, you were closer to making the NRA's point than you realize.  US nuclear policy is centered around deterrence.  No one else will use nukes or the US will use their nukes on you.  So, essentially, US nuclear policy is it takes a good guy with a nuke to stop a bad guy from using a nuke.  Sound familiar at all?

Well the USA already used nukes twice and no one retaliated against us, so I guess that makes us the good guys.  Nice. 
(08-23-2016, 02:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well the USA already used nukes twice and no one retaliated against us, so I guess that makes us the good guys.  Nice. 

Pretty much. You're welcome for ending the war, world.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-23-2016, 02:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well the USA already used nukes twice and no one retaliated against us, so I guess that makes us the good guys.  Nice. 

See now you are getting it. Guess what Japan didn't have back then?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

No one else had nukes, knew how to make nukes, or even the ability to make nukes back then.  They were working on them, but no one was successful at that point.

Plus, it was the axis and allies back then, and the war was coming to an end, so it would have been stupid to even try and launch against us.

Even if a country had the ability to make nukes (USSR, Germany, Japan, and England were working on them, but England was working with us), they would have had no way to get to our homeland.