Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lying: Does It Matter?
(09-11-2016, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the way I look at it. Bot candidates lie. But which ones lie about their policies. Hillary lies to protect her reputation or make herself look better. Trump also tells those same type of lies, but he also lies about his policies and what he will do if elected. You can't believe a thing he says. On the other hand Hillary has been advancing policies since she was first lady, when she was a Senator, and finally as Sec of State. Her policies have always been consistent.

So if you vote based on personalities then both of them are liars, but if you vote based on policy one has been consistent while the other has been all over the place.
This at least makes sense. I may not necessarily agree with you but at least your logic isn't that Hillary's lies are better than Trump's ergo Hillary is better.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but the ability to lie is quite possibly necessary for a president.
There are times that it may be necessary to lie to the public or lie to foreign representatives.
I don't like it, but it may be the best thing for certain situations, at certain times.
Whatever  
(09-11-2016, 10:26 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but the ability to lie is quite possibly necessary for a president.
There are times that it may be necessary to lie to the public or lie to foreign representatives.
I don't like it, but it may be the best thing for certain situations, at certain times.
Whatever  

Actually, you aren't wrong at all. Lying is a part of the job.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-11-2016, 10:26 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but the ability to lie is quite possibly necessary for a president.
Whatever  

(09-12-2016, 07:35 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Actually, you aren't wrong at all. Lying is a part of the job.

I prefer to call it "creating a myth".

But honestly no one is 100% honest all the time.

Sadly some are not even 10% honest all the time and they run for president.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-11-2016, 12:14 PM)treee Wrote: There are a lot of respectable intelligent conservatives out there. No Republicans really fit that description though. I'm saying this as a fairly liberal person.

I will agree there are smart respectable conservatives, and add there are even smart respectable Republicans. I am always thrilled when I meet one, because it makes me feel a little better since so many are bat shit crazy and incapable of critical thought. What I find really funny is the notion that conservatism owns words like "character," "patriotism," "faith" etc.

Liberals, on the other hand, stand around our front yards with our couches burning while we eat aborted babies smeared on toast and dream about ways to destroy America. And if we see a little old lady waiting to cross the street we knock her down...

It is just funny how people ***** about the non-existent liberal media, as well as how polarized the country is. Well, when media vilifies liberalism for decades and the masses still believe somehow there is a liberal media bias, yeah that is pretty polarizing. Luckily, the "character" at the foundation of conservatism would never allow such a thing to happen, right?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(09-12-2016, 11:56 AM)xxlt Wrote: I will agree there are smart respectable conservatives, and add there are even smart respectable Republicans. I am always thrilled when I meet one, because it makes me feel a little better since so many are bat shit crazy and incapable of critical thought. What I find really funny is the notion that conservatism owns words like "character," "patriotism," "faith" etc.

Liberals, on the other hand, stand around our front yards with our couches burning while we eat aborted babies smeared on toast and dream about ways to destroy America. And if we see a little old lady waiting to cross the street we knock her down...

It is just funny how people ***** about the non-existent liberal media, as well as how polarized the country is. Well, when media vilifies liberalism for decades and the masses still believe somehow there is a liberal media bias, yeah that is pretty polarizing. Luckily, the "character" at the foundation of conservatism would never allow such a thing to happen, right?

Speaking of Bat-shit crazy this forum recently had a "who do you side with" thread. The person that folks in this forum sided with the most was Jill Stein. That told me alot about who I'm dealing with.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-12-2016, 12:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking of Bat-shit crazy this forum recently had a "who do you side with" thread. The person that folks in this forum sided with the most was Jill Stein. That told me alot about who I'm dealing with.

Well she agrees with Gary Johnson on legalizing drugs and she agrees with the 99.99% of scientists who think if we kill this planet we don't have another one in a box somewhere that we can take out and start over with. She agrees with most of the civilized world that health care is a human right, and not a profit center. Yeah, I can see why you think she is crazy.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(09-12-2016, 12:41 PM)xxlt Wrote: Well she agrees with Gary Johnson on legalizing drugs and she agrees with the 99.99% of scientists who think if we kill this planet we don't have another one in a box somewhere that we can take out and start over with. She agrees with most of the civilized world that health care is a human right, and not a profit center. Yeah, I can see why you think she is crazy.

Is this the point where I point out all of her questionable stances or can we just agree that she's about as far left as you can go?

Hell, I think she has a warrent out for her arrest

(09-12-2016, 12:41 PM)xxlt Wrote: Well she agrees with Gary Johnson on legalizing drugs and she agrees with the 99.99% of scientists who think if we kill this planet we don't have another one in a box somewhere that we can take out and start over with. She agrees with most of the civilized world that health care is a human right, and not a profit center. Yeah, I can see why you think she is crazy.

Yeah, socially I agreed with her a lot.  I was surprised by many of her positions.

And she's batpoop crazy on may others.
(09-12-2016, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is this the point where I point out all of her questionable stances or can we just agree that she's about as far left as you can go?

At least she has the guts to stand for what she believes in.
I have to give her credit for walking her walk.

Funny thing is that she was using an aerosol spray can.
I thought she wanted to save the planet ?
Mellow  
(09-12-2016, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is this the point where I point out all of her questionable stances or can we just agree that she's about as far left as you can go?

"Lock her up, lock her up!" And here I only thought women with names starting in H and ending in Y got that treatment. Thank gawd we have come to our senses and a vagina is all it takes.
(09-13-2016, 08:45 AM)xxlt Wrote: "Lock her up, lock her up!" And here I only thought women with names starting in H and ending in Y got that treatment. Thank gawd we have come to our senses and a vagina is all it takes.

When someone resorts to straws this far away from what was said; you realize the point was made and there is no sensible refute. 

(09-13-2016, 09:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: When someone resorts to straws this far away from what was said; you realize the point was made and there is no sensible refute. 

You allege she has questionable stances (identify zero), allege she is farther left than anyone (based on nothing), and speculate she has a "warrent" for her arrest. No weakness in any argumentation there, and a crack job on spelling to boot - or is it bout? You sir, are a master of debate. Your command of the facts and the issues is truly humbling.
(09-13-2016, 10:28 AM)xxlt Wrote: You allege she has questionable stances (identify zero), allege she is farther left than anyone (based on nothing), and speculate she has a "warrent" for her arrest. No weakness in any argumentation there, and a crack job on spelling to boot - or is it bout? You sir, are a master of debate. Your command of the facts and the issues is truly humbling.

Well there is another example that truly shows one has no a legitimate counter. Can you guess what it is?

The lady was a warrent (there, gave you something to refute) for spray painting a bulldozer. She wants the government to take over over a trillion in student debt; these are off the top of my head. I thought we could be genuine here and you would concede that she is far left and has some questionable stances, but I see you demand a list. Don't worry one will be provided.

(09-13-2016, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well there is another example that truly shows one has no a legitimate counter. Can you guess what it is?

The lady was a warrent (there, gave you something to refute) for spray painting a bulldozer. She wants the government to take over over a trillion in student debt; these are off the top of my head. I thought we could be genuine here and you would concede that she is far left and has some questionable stances, but I see you demand a list. Don't worry one will be provided.

Stein has a misdemeanor warrant for an act of civil disobedience at a peaceful environmental action that was totally consistent with her party platform. So she might pay a modest fine. Doubt the dozer owner will seek restitution since spray paint on a bulldozer doesn't really change its value. Actually, her conduct is pretty admirable - nice to see a politician get her hands doing something other than clearing brush on her ranch.

The government can forgive billions in debts for the struggling Donald Trumps of the world and bail out big banks, but it can not do anything for college students. Makes perfect sense to you, but not to millions of Americans. Sorry I warnt able to refoot eny thin you sed.
(09-12-2016, 08:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: I prefer to call it "creating a myth".

But honestly no one is 100% honest all the time.

Sadly some are not even 10% honest all the time and they run for president.

Yep.  Hillary proves the hell out of that, doesn't she?  She is pathological in that regard.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(09-14-2016, 09:14 AM)McC Wrote: Yep.  Hillary proves the hell out of that, doesn't she?  She is pathological in that regard.

Sure, if you want to ignore actual statements made and you are a Trump supporter.   Mellow