Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rick Steves on the current election
Rick did this comparison chart. Yes, it is biased. An ELCA Lutheran that is a member or the board for NORML and who makes his living telling people to get out and experience different cultures will lean a certain way. Plus he only mentions two candidates. But, I just thought I'd share it.

http://blog.ricksteves.com/blog/election-test/
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-13-2016, 12:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Rick did this comparison chart. Yes, it is biased. An ELCA Lutheran that is a member or the board for NORML and who makes his living telling people to get out and experience different cultures will lean a certain way. Plus he only mentions two candidates. But, I just thought I'd share it.

http://blog.ricksteves.com/blog/election-test/
I really like Rick, but I didn't get much out of that.

I suppose that if I were less informed it may hold revelations.

I will make note (from the list of organizations supporting Trump) that it is painfully obvious that the NRA is not purely about gun rights.
Gary Johnson is the strongest 2nd Amendment candidate.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(09-13-2016, 01:57 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I really like Rick, but I didn't get much out of that.

I suppose that if I were less informed it may hold revelations.

I will make note (from the list of organizations supporting Trump) that it is painfully obvious that the NRA is not purely about gun rights.
Gary Johnson is the strongest 2nd Amendment candidate.

Yeah, it is definitely something the more less informed would take something away from. Just something fun to share that is political and isn't quite as...

Well, I can't quite find a polite way to put it regarding some of the recent conversations around here.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-13-2016, 01:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, it is definitely something the more less informed would take something away from. Just something fun to share that is political and isn't quite as...

Well, I can't quite find a polite way to put it regarding some of the recent conversations around here.
Yeah... I understand.

Off topic, but Rick did a 3 part series on travel tips to Europe. If anyone like myself has never been there and is planning on it, I recommend watching it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-13-2016, 02:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Off topic, but Rick did a 3 part series on travel tips to Europe. If anyone like myself has never been there and is planning on it, I recommend watching it.

Rick does some really awesome stuff. I love watching his shows on PBS. He is a really laid back guy, for some obvious reasons, as well.

seems like a way to reaffirm the beliefs of those who support Hillary than to actually educate.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-13-2016, 02:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: seems like a way to reaffirm the beliefs of those who support Hillary than to actually educate.

Pretty much. I mean, he puts in there he supports Clinton.

(09-13-2016, 02:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Off topic, but Rick did a 3 part series on travel tips to Europe. If anyone like myself has never been there and is planning on it, I recommend watching it.

(09-13-2016, 02:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Rick does some really awesome stuff. I love watching his shows on PBS. He is a really laid back guy, for some obvious reasons, as well.

Agreed. I own all the videos from his series of trips to various parts of Europe. I also have his accompanying book ( accompanying the videos, in case there needs to be a clarification), hilariously titled "Europe through the back door". I haven't seen the videos or read the book yet, but since I've seen many of the shows he does on PBS for traveling through Europe, which is more or less the same content in the videos, I can say that they are really great for novice and even experienced travelers.