Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NUGENT SHOULD GET FIRED TODAY ON MONDAY
......but he won't......They paid Nugent and he will finish the season....Season is over anyway, so it doesn't matter much.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This was so thread worthy.
Reply/Quote
Just saying Nugent should be fired today....Any other team would fire him today......It's hard to imagine someone coming in and being worse......but Bengals may be more cheap than loyalty. ....If they have to pay Nugent if they release him or not, then out of cheapness they will keep him.....but he should be cleaning out his locker and gone today. When you can't even make extra points anymore, it is time to go........And Marvin is under contract in 2017. Mike Brown will not fire him and still pay him. If Mike has to pay Marvin, Marvin will be here.....Mike is more about cheapness than loyalty.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Any other team would have fired him earlier this season. The Ravens fired their offensive coordinator earlier this season, look where they stand. The Bengals are a family. You do not get fired or traded, regardless of performance.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:20 PM)kevin Wrote: ......but he won't......They paid Nugent and he will finish the season....Season is over anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

Thanks. That hadn't really crossed my mind, but now that i think about it, you're right. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They are going to let him finish out the year than draft Tyler Durbin.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Any other team would have fired him earlier this season. 

Not true.  Lots of kickers have been missing XPs this year and not getting released.

(11-28-2016, 03:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:  The Bengals are a family. You do not get fired or traded, regardless of performance.

Tell that to Rudi Johnson, Deltha O'Neal, Willie Anderson, Keith Rivers, Chad Johnson, Jeff Fitzgerald, Bob Bratkowski, Leslie Frazier, Chuck Bresnhan, and many many others.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not true.  Lots of kickers have been missing XPs this year and not getting released.

Tell that to Rudi Johnson, Deltha O'Neal, Willie Anderson, Keith Rivers, Chad Johnson, Jeff Fitzgerald, Bob Bratkowski, Leslie Frazier, Chuck Bresnhan, and many many others.

He's missed 3 XP's in a row. I believe he's outpacing these other kickers who've missed some.

We're also punting in areas where other teams are kicking field goals. His performance (or lack of) is impacting games.

But we've put up with him for this long. Honestly, I believe he'll be kicking for the Bengals next year as well. With the same type of results.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 05:28 PM)R3stangs Wrote: He's missed 3 XP's in a row. I believe he's outpacing these other kickers who've missed some.

I am not going to defend Nugent.  But the number of missed XPs this year is crazy

14 NFL kickers have missed multiple XPs.

8 have missed at least 3.

3 have missed 4.

Nugent has done enough to deserve being released, and some of those other guys with multiple misses have been replaced.  But before this year Nugent was very consistent at XPs.  He had only missed a total of 5 in 11 seasons.  Last year there were 70 missed XPs and Nuge only had 1. This slump must just seem unbelievable to Marvin.
Reply/Quote
I still hate the longer XP. Why do we want to make kickers even more important?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 06:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I still hate the longer XP.  Why do we want to make kickers even more important?

There should be no "gimmies" in sports.

If they didn't make it longer then they should have just done away with it and made a td worth 7 points.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There should be no "gimmies" in sports.

If they didn't make it longer then they should have just done away with it and made a td worth 7 points.

I'd do 7 with the option of getting 6 and going for 2 over the current way.  

Reply/Quote
I'm in disbelief that he hasn't been cut. Even though this is the Bengals, even though the season's over...you STILL have to at least act like there's some accountability here.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
That makes sense why they won't cut him, money.thanks Mike brown.
Reply/Quote
Its to the point now that I hope we keep him. And he costs us a few more games. So we get those high draft picks.
Reply/Quote
who would you sign to replace him?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not true.  Lots of kickers have been missing XPs this year and not getting released.

...and I'm sure Mike is still sore for this one. 

Keith Rivers gave up on this team, he was already shopping himself before they parted ways. 

Chad and Owens was a headache. Might had still have had Chad longer if Owens wasn't signed....Palmer too. Who knows?

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Per Jim O's twitter, Marvin's reply when asked about Nugent: "We are where we are."

And where is that?
Reply/Quote
He is staying.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 07:09 PM)pally Wrote: who would you sign to replace him?

Morten Andersen and Mark Moseley are available. Jan Stenerud is too, but being 74, he might not be that accurate over 40 yards.
Reply/Quote