Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
NYC migrants arrested for assaulting police flee to California upon release: report
https://news.yahoo.com/nyc-migrants-arrested-assaulting-police-231258975.html

Quote:Sarah Rumpf-Whitten
Thu, February 1, 2024 at 6:12 PM EST·4 min read

Four migrants, who were caught-and-released after allegedly attacking two New York City Police Officers near Times Square, have reportedly fled to California.

The New York Post, citing a law enforcement source, said that authorities believe that Darwin Andres Gomez, 19, Kelvin Servita Arocha, 19, Wilson Juarez, 21, and Yorman Reveron, 24, have skipped town after the incident.

Police believe that the foursome successfully got on a bus bound for California on Wednesday after giving fake names to a church-affiliated nonprofit group that helps migrants leave the Big Apple, the Post reported.

The group's getaway was successful after the suspects were released without bail following their arrests.

[Image: 759c74e04b40d187b566f25c58aceae1]
Kelvin Arocha, 19, Wilson Juarez, 21, Yorman Reveron, 24, and Darwin Gomez Izquiel, 19, are all charged with attacking a pair of New York City police officers.
In a statement to Fox News Digital, a spokesperson for the New York's Office of Court Administration (OCA) said that they are unaware of Arocha, Juarez, Reveron and Izquiel whereabouts.

"The Court is not aware of the defendants’ whereabouts but they are obligated to return to Court on their scheduled dates," Al Baker, the state OCA’s spokesperson, said.

The four migrants were allegedly involved in the caught-on-camera attack on two NYPD officers just steps from the New Amsterdam theater — a popular destination among tourists.

In the video, the NYPD asked the migrants to move, but a scuffle ensued as the officers were seen trying to subdue a person in a yellow jacket onto the ground.

One hooded suspect wearing a backpack can then be seen kicking one of the officers twice in the head as he grapples on the ground, while another suspect in a red top kicks him in the back.

As the struggle ensues, the suspect in the red jacket returns and kicks the other officer in the back.

Another hooded suspect wearing a backpack then arrives on the scene and takes a big swinging kick aimed at one of the officer's heads. The migrant falls to the ground as he tries to execute the kick.

The suspects are then seen running off. The unidentified officers sustained minor injuries and were treated at the scene, police said. One officer sustained cuts to the face while the other had bruising to the body, according to sources.

Authorities charged the four earlier this week with a variety of charges, including assault on a police officer, gang assault, obstructing governmental administration and disorderly conduct.

NYPD CHIEF BLASTS MIGRANTS' ATTACK ON OFFICERS AS MUGSHOTS OF SUSPECTS RELEASED

Reveron has two pending cases in Manhattan for assault and robbery. He allegedly attacked a loss prevention officer at a Macy's department store during an alleged robbery and allegedly punched and bit a Nordstrom Rack employee in November.

[Image: 8826f947a82829ddf4c817e2faa3a24a]
Jandry Barros (left) and Yohenry Brito (right) arrive for their arraignment in Manhattan Criminal Court on Thursday, February 1, 2024. Both are charged with allegedly attacking police officers in Times Square.

Along with Arocha, Juarez, Reveron and Izquiel, Yohenry Brito, 24, and Jandry Barros, 21, were arrested and both charged with robbery and felony assault.

On Thursday, Britto was arraigned by the Manhattan District Attorney's office with a $15,000 cash bail and a $50,000 partial and secured surety bond bail for the felony charge.

Barros was also arraigned on Thursday and released with his next hearing scheduled for Feb. 21.

THE ‘PROBLEM’ IN NYC WITH MIGRANTS ATTACKS IS ‘MULTI-LAYERED’: KERRI URBAHN

[/url]
The attack came as city leaders struggle with how to handle an influx of migrants from Texas as services are strained, and more residents continue to lose patience over how to address the surge.

"The madness continues. What universe are we living in where migrants, who are living rent-free in our city, are allowed to brutally attack police officers and then are released without consequences?," Staten Island Borough President Vito Fossella said in a statement. "Too often, we continue to protect violent criminals and punish victims.

[Image: 56e15a812f03eb815e4f40a434009348]
Booking photo of Darwin Andres Gomez-Izquiel, arrested and charged on Saturday, January 27, 2024 at approximately 2215 hours within the confines of the Midtown South Precinct.
"The recent video of migrants attacking police officers in Times Square is shocking to the senses. Their release just following their arrest has taken this situation to a whole new level."

The New York Office of Court Administration and the Manhattan District Attorney's office did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital's request for comment.

Fox News' Michael Dorgan and Louis Casiano contributed to this report.

Original article source: 
NYC migrants arrested for assaulting police flee to California upon release: report

The pendulum will now swing back the other way I assume and "[url=https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/2023-criminal-justice-reform-new-york-state]bail reform" will get another look.

One would think that violent offenders would be treated differently than other suspects.  Not sure what this judge was thinking.

But if they KNOW they fled on a particular bus I'd think they know where to find them too.  We shall see.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://news.yahoo.com/nyc-migrants-arrested-assaulting-police-231258975.html

[/url]
The pendulum will now swing back the other way I assume and "[url=https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/2023-criminal-justice-reform-new-york-state]bail reform
" will get another look.

It will, and it will be a slow process.  How many thousands of cases like this exist that you'll never hear about?  How many victims of subsequent crime by these offenders that would have been prevented if "common sense" prevailed instead of bankrupt ideology?

Quote:One would think that violent offenders would be treated differently than other suspects.  Not sure what this judge was thinking.

You say that like I haven't been harping on this exact subject for the past three years plus.  This happens all the time in deep blue areas.  We literally have a murder suspect in a gang related homicide out on house arrest right now (I say suspect in the legal sense, we have this dude cold).  You think I'm unhappy about that you should have talked to the victim's family like I did this past Monday.

Quote:But if they KNOW they fled on a particular bus I'd think they know where to find them too.  We shall see.

That's only helpful if you find out prior to the bus arriving at its destination.  Even then they could have all gotten off pretty much anywhere along the way.  If you mean you know they're in Los Angeles so they should be easy to find, that's an crazy statement.  There are around ten million people in LA County, finding a particular four is next to impossible unless you know their family or friends.  Even then you'll only catch them that way if they're really stupid.  The sad fact is they'll almost certainly be caught after committing a further criminal act.  Yet more victims that could/should have been prevented but weren't because of horrifyingly bad Dem policies.

I honestly don't say this to be facetious, and wouldn't if you hadn't been the poster of this topic, but maybe you finally found a Dem policy that you disagree with?

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 12:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It will, and it will be a slow process.  How many thousands of cases like this exist that you'll never hear about?  How many victims of subsequent crime by these offenders that would have been prevented if "common sense" prevailed instead of bankrupt ideology?

You say that like I haven't been harping on this exact subject for the past three years plus.  This happens all the time in deep blue areas.  We literally have a murder suspect in a gang related homicide out on house arrest right now (I say suspect in the legal sense, we have this dude cold).  You think I'm unhappy about that you should have talked to the victim's family like I did this past Monday.

That's only helpful if you find out prior to the bus arriving at its destination.  Even then they could have all gotten off pretty much anywhere along the way.  If you mean you know they're in Los Angeles so they should be easy to find, that's an crazy statement.  There are around ten million people in LA County, finding a particular four is next to impossible unless you know their family or friends.  Even then you'll only catch them that way if they're really stupid.  The sad fact is they'll almost certainly be caught after committing a further criminal act.  Yet more victims that could/should have been prevented but weren't because of horrifyingly bad Dem policies.

I honestly don't say this to be facetious, and wouldn't if you hadn't been the poster of this topic, but maybe you finally found a Dem policy that you disagree with?

I happened to catch this a minute ago.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Bu, but holding people on cash bond is discriminatory and racist...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 01:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bu, but holding people on cash bond is discriminatory and racist...

I suppose that depends on how it was being implemented.  It would not be unlikely to see where there was a discriminatory lean to it over time, which probably what lead to the reform process. 

That's neither here nor there when there is a clear violent attack.

The problem with big nets is all the cracks for people to fall through. this reform may have worked 99% of the time (I know it didn't obviously) but it sure didn't work this time.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 02:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: I suppose that depends on how it was being implemented.  It would not be unlikely to see where there was a discriminatory lean to it over time, which probably what lead to the reform process. 

That's neither here nor there when there is a clear violent attack.

The problem with big nets is all the cracks for people to fall through. this reform may have worked 99% of the time (I know it didn't obviously) but it sure didn't work this time.

And this entire situation might have been avoidable, had only we completed that wall on the border and enforced our immigration laws...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 02:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: The problem with big nets is all the cracks for people to fall through. this reform may have worked 99% of the time (I know it didn't obviously) but it sure didn't work this time.

No, the problem is the Dems put pandering to an insane ideology above public safety.  No bail is a horrifyingly bad policy on its face.  Being remanded is rare, even when the criminal justice system worked.  When you eliminate bail every single person who would not be remanded, i.e. 98% plus of them, are released.  Remand is not going to happen with felony assault (all types), it's not going to happen with child molestation, it's not going to happen with robbery.  Being remanded only consistently happens for first or second degree murder, forceable rape or robbery coupled with a high degree of violence/use of a firearm (when the DA bothers to actually add enhancements).  That means literally every single other criminal you can think of is being cited and released of booked and released.  

(02-02-2024, 02:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And this entire situation might have been avoidable, had only we completed that wall on the border and enforced our immigration laws...

Don't tie this subject to immigration.  Immigrant criminals, while not as insignificant as some would like you to believe, are not a large percentage of the criminals who take advantage of this broken system.  Immigration laws need to be enforced, and our borders need to be secure, but the issue in this thread is a criminal justice system that coddles criminals, minimizes their conduct and enables them to continue to victimize law abiding systems over and over again.  Unlike the immigration issue this is a simple fix that requires no grand deal in Congress.  Start actually enforcing the law and impose cash bail in high amounts for violent criminals (especially, but burglary and other property crimes should be included).  Take these A-holes off the street so law abiding citizens can go about their lives.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://news.yahoo.com/nyc-migrants-arrested-assaulting-police-231258975.html

[/url]
The pendulum will now swing back the other way I assume and "[url=https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/2023-criminal-justice-reform-new-york-state]bail reform
" will get another look.

One would think that violent offenders would be treated differently than other suspects.  Not sure what this judge was thinking.

But if they KNOW they fled on a particular bus I'd think they know where to find them too.  We shall see.

they been locking people up for Defending themselves and letting violent offenders back on the street...  (they know what they are doing)
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 02:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And this entire situation might have been avoidable, had only we completed that wall on the border and enforced our immigration laws...

Or if Biden on day one in office didn't move the immigration policies that Trump had working. This is a clear example of what upsets me about politic, both sides. They take policies that work and replace them only to their base. 

Here is the latest from the GOP who by the way are the only party attempting to deter/stop illegal immigrants from coming into our country. Texas is doing all they can putting up razor wire and other obstacles and is working. The migrants are now going to Arizona and California.Biden has fought Texas executing the illegal entry of immigrants. We have laws on the books, Democrats had the complete control of Congress in 2021 and 2022, yet did nothing to change immigration law. Biden created this chaos at the border, and he has the authority without Congress to stop it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-republicans-push-biden-fix-border-catastrophe-through-executive-action

House Republicans push Biden to fix border ‘catastrophe’ through executive action

House GOP letter to Biden echoes Speaker Johnson's position on the current border talks

A group of 64 House Republicans is demanding that President Biden use his executive powers to address the border crisis, a pointed message as White House and Senate negotiators work on a compromise to address the issue.

"Speaker Mike Johnson wrote to you in December of 2023, urging you to take executive action to secure the Southern Border. House Republicans have passed H.R.2, legislation that would help stop the flow of illegal immigration and protect our communities," the letter led by Rep. Ashley Hinson, R-Iowa, said.

"Your actions alone created this catastrophe, and you have the power to fix it. You can choose to direct your administration to vigorously enforce the laws on the books today, thereby stemming the tide of illegal immigration and protecting our communities.

"Or you can choose to perpetuate this national security and humanitarian crisis through your unequivocal failure of leadership for the American people."

It’s a sign of the House Republican conference falling in line behind House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., and his skepticism of the ongoing bipartisan border security talks.

The House passed H.R.2, a strict border security and immigration bill, last summer. It would have revived Trump-era policies like Remain In Mexico, while broadening border agents’ expulsion authority, among other measures. Democrats have panned the bill as a nonstarter.

Johnson has held onto H.R.2 as House Republicans’ default position on the border talks. Hinson’s letter makes clear that it’s a sentiment shared by his rank-and-file as well.

It puts the eventual border security deal’s fate more into question, even before the bill text is released.

In her Friday letter, Hinson accused Biden of having "undermined" border security through administration policies and executive orders.

"The U.S. Southern Border is being overrun by illegal immigrants. The responsibility for this crisis lies with you. Under your direction, your administration has intentionally and systematically undermined U.S. border security by perpetually refusing to enforce countless laws that have worked to secure our Southern Border and prevent illegal immigration," she wrote.

"On January 20, 2021, – your very first day in office you immediately took executive action to halt border wall construction and issued a moratorium on deportations and immigration enforcement. Your administration has repeatedly ignored Congress’ authority and issued over immigration and border policies that have clearly signaled to illegal immigrants, traffickers, and cartels that America’s borders are open."
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they been locking people up for Defending themselves and letting violent offenders back on the street...  (they know what they are doing)

Indeed.  There's a definite strategy at work, one wonders what the end game is.  As for the topic, I have to give GM major props for posting this thread.  This is one of, if not the biggest, loser issue for the Dems.  Sadly, they keep doubling down and blaming everything but their policies for this problem.  The complete absence of the left leaning posters from this thread is telling.  Although I can understand them wanting to ignore this issue for the above reasons.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Indeed.  There's a definite strategy at work, one wonders what the end game is.  As for the topic, I have to give GM major props for posting this thread.  This is one of, if not the biggest, loser issue for the Dems.  Sadly, they keep doubling down and blaming everything but their policies for this problem.  The complete absence of the left leaning posters from this thread is telling.  Although I can understand them wanting to ignore this issue for the above reasons.

I keep asking in this forum, is the US and the world a safer place under Biden policies, liberal prosecutors and liberal judges? Illegal immigrants are just adding to an already bad problem. Everyone should e able to walk safely downtown in any US city, drive their vehicle without fear of car jacking and know if they are violated in any way, the justice system will make the apprehended offender face stiff punishment.

Sadly, people don't realize the black communities have been negatively impacted the most by the soft on crime liberal judges and prosecutors. I see citizens from NYC, Chicago, Oakland and other cities beg for help to keep their children safe.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
They arrested one wrong guy...however social media makes it look like an immigrant has more rights than an citizen.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[Image: GHo05WuX0AA5fUI?format=jpg&name=large][Image: GHo05WyWYAE8IVj?format=jpg&name=large][Image: GHo05WvW4AETDrV?format=jpg&name=large][Image: GHo05WxXEAAHdeH?format=jpg&name=large]
Reply/Quote