Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NYT: Russians paid Afghans to kill American troops
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/russia-afghanistan-bounties.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
Drumpf's Benghazi? If true and the events that Maddow lays out, this will be hard to explain why he did or said nothing after he was briefed.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Because it’s a game buddy. Just like they allowed Russia fighter jets into airspace a coupla weeks ago in your neck of the woods. This isn’t news to those in the know (I am not) but they make movies and write books about this shit. It’s how the game is played on the world stage. Corporate News using it as an ‘aha gotcha’ moment is what should be unsettling.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(06-27-2020, 10:10 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/russia-afghanistan-bounties.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
Drumpf's Benghazi? If true and the events that Maddow lays out, this will be hard to explain why he did or said nothing after he was briefed.

This is why were supposed to watch Hannity instead of Maddow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-27-2020, 11:58 AM)Dynnasti Wrote: Because it’s a game buddy. Just like they allowed Russia fighter jets into airspace a coupla weeks ago in your neck of the woods. This isn’t news to those in the know (I am not) but they make movies and write books about this shit. It’s how the game is played on the world stage. Corporate News using it as an ‘aha gotcha’ moment is what should be unsettling.

Where is Vinyl's "neck of the woods."  Did "they" allow Russian fighter jets in to US airspace over Ohio or Virginia a couple of weeks ago? Source?

The "game" here concerns U.S national interest and the lives of Americans.

"Corporate news" is providing info voters need to understand the world in which their representatives formulate and carry out foreign policy. Why should that be "unsettling"? Or less so if they didn't?

If it's all a "game" that people make movies and books about, then we should be more "unsettled" that the press reports bounties on Americans than the bounties themselves?
(06-27-2020, 01:07 PM)Dill Wrote: Where is Vinyl's "neck of the woods."  Did "they" allow Russian fighter jets in to US airspace over Ohio or Virginia a couple of weeks ago? Source?

The "game" here concerns U.S national interest and the lives of Americans.

"Corporate news" is providing info voters need to understand the world in which their representatives formulate and carry out foreign policy. Why should that be "unsettling"? Or less so if they didn't?

If it's all a "game" that people make movies and books about, then we should be more "unsettled" that the press reports bounties on Americans than the bounties themselves?

I don't know about allowing them, but I know they've intercepted Russian jets up near Alaska multiple times this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Now that the Lincoln Project and Republicans Against Trump are putting out ads, maybe Democrats can learn how to do attack ads and be effective.

Only users lose drugs.
(06-27-2020, 01:07 PM)Dill Wrote: Where is Vinyl's "neck of the woods."  Did "they" allow Russian fighter jets in to US airspace over Ohio or Virginia a couple of weeks ago? Source?

Alaska

They're always scooting inside our airspace to test our reaction times.
Only users lose drugs.
(06-27-2020, 10:05 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Now that the Lincoln Project and Republicans Against Trump are putting out ads, maybe Democrats can learn how to do attack ads and be effective.

I think Democrats really latched onto Michelle Obama's sentiment of going high.

The efficacy of going high is still TBD.
(06-27-2020, 10:05 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Now that the Lincoln Project and Republicans Against Trump are putting out ads, maybe Democrats can learn how to do attack ads and be effective.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

This should move some independents, maybe some vets.

It won't move the base an inch, as they know this is either a wholly false "deep state" narrative, or there is a bounty, but it was placed on US troops by Ukraine, not Russia.  At Hillary's insistence. That's what Rudy was trying to determine before the deep state shut him down.
(06-27-2020, 10:10 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/russia-afghanistan-bounties.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Didn't happen.

And, even though it didn't happen, someone leaked that erroneous information.

And, even if it did happen and it's public record he knew, you've got to remember there's good people on both sides. 

Look, Obama's wearing tan!
[Image: x88qpovxbi751.png?width=640&height=708&c...b53d2b5942]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
A couple things:

An "anonymous source" reported it and the NYT published it, so it's true.

The OP likened this to Benghazi. I see these as different. I never blamed Hills for the deaths in Benghazi; however, I did blame her and Obama administration for the BS they tried to pull after it happened.

If it is found one service man was injured in such an attack after Trump was made aware of them and he did nothing it is far worse than what Hills and Barry did in Benghazi

I will say it's a co-inky-dink that this broke at the same time it was announce we were withdrawing 4,000 in Afghanistan.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

The White House said in a statement that they are not suggesting that the intel is wrong but they are saying that Trump was never briefed on the intel...

seems to confirm the intel and that they're attempting to shift any culpability by suggesting that Trump was unaware of it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-28-2020, 03:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The White House said in a statement that they are not suggesting that the intel is wrong but they are saying that Trump was never briefed on the intel...

seems to confirm the intel and that they're attempting to shift any culpability by suggesting that Trump was unaware of it.

Which begs the question, why?  Why didn't the POTUS get briefed on it?

Maybe because, as many have said, Trump just doesn't understand or want to listen to briefings?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
(06-28-2020, 04:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Which begs the question, why?  Why didn't the POTUS get briefed on it?

Maybe because, as many have said, Trump just doesn't understand or want to listen to briefings?

I see three possibilities.

1. It was in his PDB, but he never saw it because he notoriously never reads or even monitors them consistently. People are afraid to bring up information that might force difficult choices with regard to Russia (as we have heard from three books now), so no one alerted him.

2. Knowing he doesn't read PDBs, some one did specifically altert him to that intel, but he knew making it public would complicate his relation to Putin and US voters in an election year. So he chose not to say or do anything.

3. Or as with his intended signing of the order recalling Troops for S Korea, he may have resolved to do something, then forgot about the whole thing.

This may push another .75% out of the Trump camp.  But not these guys.

[Image: 9b2_717trump1.jpeg]
(06-28-2020, 02:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: An "anonymous source" reported it and the NYT published it, so it's true.

And the administration doesn't deny it. 

Another betrayal of presidential "confidentiality" perhaps.

(06-28-2020, 02:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The OP likened this to Benghazi. I see these as different. I never blamed Hills for the deaths in Benghazi; however, I did blame her and Obama administration for the BS they tried to pull after it happened.

Sounds like you just hate Obama and Hillary.
(06-28-2020, 03:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The White House said in a statement that they are not suggesting that the intel is wrong but they are saying that Trump was never briefed on the intel...

What was the White House's statement? What I saw was that they weren't commenting on the intelligence itself, but denied Trump was told this specific piece of info. It may be this piece of info was never verified or lacked evidence so it was a topic being followed, but it never became a reality. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(06-28-2020, 02:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A couple things:

An "anonymous source" reported it and the NYT published it, so it's true.

The OP likened this to Benghazi. I see these as different. I never blamed Hills for the deaths in Benghazi; however, I did blame her and Obama administration for the BS they tried to pull after it happened.

If it is found one service man was injured in such an attack after Trump was made aware of them and he did nothing it is far worse than what Hills and Barry did in Benghazi

I will say it's a co-inky-dink that this broke at the same time it was announce we were withdrawing 4,000 in Afghanistan.

Agree about the "source"

Agree Benghazi is about the cover story about a video spread by the Obama administration and not the fact that an attack happened.

Agree this would be worse than Benghazi if the story as reported is true.

ThumbsUp
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Nothing against the troops and it sucks when they die, but the flu kills way more Americans every year and no one ever talks about that.
(06-28-2020, 05:08 PM)Dill Wrote: And the administration doesn't deny it. 

Another betrayal of presidential "confidentiality" perhaps.

Sounds like you just hate Obama and Hillary.

Oh, I believe the report of Russian attempted influence and as I said: if Trump knew about it and did nothing he should be punished.

I know Hillary and Obama are politicians and hate neither. Hell, I didn't blame either for Bengahzi. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]