Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name 1 player offense/defense who has the highest ceiling
In your most educated opinion name one player off the offense and defense who still has
A high ceiling to reach in terms of production
It can be a starter or non starter
Let's get started!!
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2017, 06:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: In your most educated opinion name one player off the offense and defense who still has
Let's get started!!

Joe Mixon: Ceiling this year is likely 1200-1300 total yards and 10 Touchdowns
Andrew Billings: Ceiling this year is 5-6 sacks plus stout run defense

Will either reach their ceiling? Hard to say.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Not counting rookies, I'm going to go with Billings on defense, and Hewitt on offense. (should they ever fully utilize Hewitt like they did, prior to last season)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2017, 06:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: In your most educated opinion name one player off the offense and defense who still has
Let's get started!!

Mixon, because of his dual threat running and high level of pass catching ability.
Reply/Quote
For just next year I say eifert and geno. Eifert is that apex of ability and experience. If he can stay healthy all year he should have tons of opportunities.

Geno hopefully has some athletic help around him to free him up.

Long term i would say William Jackson on defense and mixon on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
O- Cedric Ogbuehi

D- Radio
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
what Bfine said

Ced O was supposed to be a top 10 pick when healthy

and

WJ3 has some quick twitch in him. In college he was breaking on balls like a savage
Reply/Quote
Although will never condone him punching a woman,

Mixon looks to me to have an Adrian Peterson type ceiling. Just not sure if his character holds him back from achieving. Willing to forgive and move forward as long as he stays clean from here on out.

Hopefully WJIII on defense but expecting Clarke and Dennard to step forward this year as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Offense - Mixon

Defense - WJIII
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Highest ceiling on offense: John Ross.
His ceiling is a faster Antonio Brown.

Highest ceiling on defense: ....uh...Geno Atkins?
His ceiling is being Geno Atkins.
Reply/Quote
Offense- Hard to say. I think Mixon could explode onto the scene and just light defenses up, but I also think that Ross opposite of Aj, along with Mixon keeping defenses honest, could allow AJ and Andy to have huge years. All of that of course depends on the line stepping up.

I fear that Hill could eat into Mixon's carries, though, and I think that we'd cut Hill if Gio were healthy (even though Hill won't play the same role that Gio does).

I think our offense is explosive and Andy returns to his form of pre-injury 2015 (thanks to the other weapons), so he gets my vote. I do think that Mixon could win OROY and AJ could be a top 5 receiver at year end (maybe even top 3).

My final answer goes to Andy just because of fear that we'll keep Hill on with Gio injured. Otherwise, it would be Mixon putting up AT LEAST 1,300 yards and 10 TDs.

Defense- the obvious pick is Geno, and I could go with Dunlap because I think he'll have another big year, but I think that Billings could steal some sacks and our rookie defensive ends will grab some in a rotation (which is always a plus to have a good pass rush). That being said, I hope that our young corners break-out this season with a fresh pass rush and earn this honor.
Reply/Quote
On offense (excluding AJ Green): Joe Mixon and Josh Malone. Malone had all of the tools to be an incredible player. Mixon looks to be a 3 tool back with a skill set the Bengals have never had under Marvin.

On defense (excluding Burfict): Carl Lawson. I see this kid being an absolute monster by the md of season 1/start of season 2.

I excluded the regulars because those guys are already stars approaching their ceiling and they are kind of low hanging fruit for answers.
Reply/Quote
Highest ceiling for an unproven player?

Offense: Ross
Defense: WJ3

Ogbuehi was laying on the floor last year, but I'm not sure how high his ceiling is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Offense- Eifert If he can shake the injury bug I think he can be the best TE in the game. He's shown the ability to run routes, make great catches and block. Just needs to stay healthy for a couple seasons. If he can I think he can be our best player on the team even with Green.

Defense- Burfict. Again great potential to be one of the best LBers of all if he can stay healthy and play smarter.

I didn't want to include rookies cause let's face it, who knows if they can even play in the NFL. At least these guys have proven they can and they have the chance to be great. It's up to them.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2017, 11:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Offense- Eifert   If he can shake the injury bug I think he can be the best TE in the game. He's shown the ability to run routes, make great catches and block. Just needs to stay healthy for a couple seasons. If he can I think he can be our best player on the team even with Green.

Defense-   Burfict.   Again great potential to be one of the best LBers of all if he can stay healthy and play smarter.

I didn't want to include rookies cause let's face it, who knows if they can even play in the NFL. At least these guys have proven they can and they have the chance to be great. It's up to them.

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure OP was asking for players who have a high ceiling that hasn't been realized yet. I think that would apply to rookies (or players we haven't seen much of) more than Pro Bowlers like Burfict and Eifert.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Mixon on offense.

William Jackson III on defense.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 12:09 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure OP was asking for players who have a high ceiling that hasn't been realized yet. I think that would apply to rookies (or players we haven't seen much of) more than Pro Bowlers like Burfict and Eifert.

Right, I understood it to be any player. I know we already realize that Eifert and Burfict are good. I just think Eifert and Burfict can be so much better than they are now.

But if I was to guess which rookie I would have to pick these two.

Offense- Ross having Green across from him gives this kid every chance to flat out be a star. I didn't like the pick but it is what it is now and if he stays healthy he can be lethal.

Defense- WJ3 tech a rookie, if he's not buried in the depth chart I think he can shine on this defense. He's going to have a long way to go so he has to take advantage of every opportunity he gets. I hope by the end of the year he proves to be our #1 Corner.
Reply/Quote
Ced and WJ3.
If those 2 reach their potential, then we will be scary good this year.
Reply/Quote
Offense: Ross-when healthy will be a beast
Defense: Lawson-is a Man-Child

I know the OP did not state this but I add two:
ST: Elliott- most valuable kicker in stripes since Jim Breech.
ATH/KR- Wilson- i think Wilson will have many roles and will have impact
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Mixon and WJIII
Reply/Quote