Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name 1 player offense/defense who has the highest ceiling
Mixon - if he gets some solid run blocking and between 200-250 carries he could be 1400+ yard guy to go along with being a 200+ receiving guy.

Billings/WJ3 - both were injured last year, but both were some of the best at their positions in college. WJ3 - you can't coach his athleticism and with Billings, he's just a bulldozer down in the trenches, he's strong and short like Geno so he could do real nice things even if he doesn't turn into a 8-10 sack guy a year he should be able to disrupt the hole.
Reply/Quote
On defense, I have to go with the guy I coveted all off-season:  Jordan Willis, DE.  I see him as versatile enough to rotate in to either side of the defensive line, strong enough to bull-rush, and quick enough to get the outside edge.  I can't wait to see him cut loose in pass-rushing situations.  He simply did not have the kind of talent around him that he will here in Cincinnati.

I also love his character, work ethic, and desire.  When a college coach refers to you as "the epitome of our program", that is not faint praise.  The numbers he put up last year (17.5 TFL, 11.5 sacks, and 3 Forced Fumbles) were largely from the LDE spot.  I think lined up at the RDE spot here with Dunlap, Geno, and Billings/Hardison next to him, he can make a huge impact.

On offense, I am eating crow and going with a guy that I originally wasn't happy about his selection:  CJ Uzomah.  I saw the Ravens take my guy Boyle, who is just a chains-mover but was a fantastic blocker coming out of Delaware, a couple picks later and I was livid.  We already had a pass-catcher, and needed a true "in-line" TE more than an uproven athlete.

I envisioned Uzomah rusting away on the bench, never developing, and never contributing to this team.  Maybe it was simply the injury bug that bit Kroft, Hewitt, and Eifert before it got him, but he flashed some huge potential last year.  I think he even realizes now that if he can put together a full season of work with the help of the other weapons drawing coverage, that he could either get a nice contract here or move on for a big deal elsewhere.  Either way, the Bengals win if he explores what is incredible athleticism could accomplish.

Folks might say that he won't get the targets now, but in the Red Zone especially, I could see the Bengal's going two TEs and two WRs with a single back (Mixon) that can pick up the blitz (supposed to be one of his strengths) and can be a good receiving target (another strength, both of which Hill does not possess).  Uzomah ran a 4.63 at his pro day, and did that at 6'6" and 263 lbs.  The guys is a heck of an athlete, and I think this year we could see him finish what he started last year before getting injured.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I say Cedric O on offense and Dre K. on defense with long term William Jackson on defense and Mixon on offense
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I tried those Uzamah glasses on, but someone left a greasy smudge on the lenses and I didn't have a tissue to clean them.. I like the kid, but I just don't see superstar written all over him.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Excluding rookies...because we haven't seen them play:

On offense: Boyd. I think he has the potential to be a perennial 1000 yard receiver.

On defense: WJ3/Billings. I think that IF they play Vigil that he will rack up some stats too.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 01:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Excluding rookies...because we haven't seen them play:

On offense: Boyd. I think he has the potential to be a perennial 1000 yard receiver.

On defense: WJ3/Billings. I think that IF they play Vigil that he will rack up some stats too.

Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Offense - John Ross
- His speed, route tree, footwork, and hands give him the potential to become a top 5-10 WR in this league. His only concern is staying healthy.

Defense - Derron Smith
- I know this seems very weird for many of you. But if you go back to Smith's college days, he was a ball hawking safety that had 6 INTs in 2012 and 7 INTs in 2013. Smith is somewhat undersized as a FS in the NFL, but just like Ross, if he can stay healthy and get some opportunities to play some meaningful reps on defense, he could be that ball hawking safety we've been wanting.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Dalton - I think the 2015 season is just a taste of what's to come if the offensive line gels together and our young skill players pan out. Their is more potential on the offensive side right now then Dalton has ever been around. Yeah Sanu and Jones are great in their own way but Ross has elite qualities and so does Mixon that make me feel like they will pay off in a huge way if they reach their potential. Dalton has the intelligence to pick apart defenses, I think his athletic ability is understated outside of Bengaldom he definitively has some wheels and when Hue was running the offense he showcased it more. So far he has stayed pretty healthy so his best still could come the life span of an NFL QB is getting longer.

Dennard - His first 2 years he was still learning behind a stacked secondary and here lately he has been injured but the guy was a first round pick for a reason. A lot of people were doubting Kirk when he was going through the same thing, he was stuck behind Newman, Hall and Jones and it wasn't until the stars aligned and by a stroke of fate he somehow got a chance to get on the field despite Marvin's best effort and once he got acclimated to the professional level he has become one of the better CBs in the league. Who's to say Dennard doesn't have the same potential just waiting to be tapped? Dennard in my eyes is a complete unknown.
Reply/Quote
Dunlap on defense, I just don't think he has put it all together yet. He could and should be a 13 sacks a year kind of guy

Boyd on offense, believe that he had a big learning curve last year and year 2 we should see more.
Reply/Quote
I can not wait to see what Billings can do!

Bengals front four is going to be nasty and Johnson will return to form because of Billings, Atkins and Dunlap.

It's going to be very fun to watch those first four games. After that though, Offenses will start the quick slants and middle throws to take advantage of the Bengals slow ass LB's, lol. I sure hope they get it together.
Reply/Quote
Offense- Tyler Boyd- With Eifert, Green, and Ross being big time deep threats someone is going to rip in the rewards from single coverage in the intermediate zone. Enter Boyd I predict he will have 91 catches(on 130 targets), 70%1,138 yards(12.5 ypc), 7 TDs, and 60 1st downs. I feel like he is a forgotten man but with a poor offensive line and with Andys Quick release I feel like he will get plenty of opportunities to prove himself in the slot.

Defense- Darqueze Dennard- He will be reason why Pacman will not be on the team come September and will have a big time season. If I were the Bengals I would consider signing him long term right now because he will be much more expensive after this season. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think Fisher will surprise on offense. They have moved him around a lot. Now just one position to focus on

I will go with Dre on defense. He's in his prime now, we'll see how hopefull that is.
Reply/Quote