Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name 3 players who have to have career years to insure playoff return.
Every playoff team has a minimum of 3 players who are elite at their position or Plays at a dominating level for 16 games.
You can name the teams no reason to list examples
Last year the Bengals had A.J Green.....Whit....can't really think of a 3rd guy...anyhow
In order for a playoff return name for the Bengals who need to be game changers....impact players ......pick your 3.
I'm gonna go with
Cedric Ogeubi
Tyler Eifert
Andy Dalton
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill and it still may not help.

Michael Johnson and it may not help either. Expect both to be at their ropes end with Bengals.

Would say Adam Jones but he may be kept no matter what it seems.

Pacman is like a booger on a kindergartners finger that can not be flicked away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don't subscribe to the idea they have to have "career" years; but if Dre, Geno. and Burfict all do we are gonna be tough to stop!
Reply/Quote
none.. we are good enough with our roster,,, we don;t need career years out of players for team success.. lets have a career season of low injuries to our core players.. that will get us to the promise land
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 01:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: none.. we are good enough with our roster,,, we don;t need career years out of players for team success.. lets have a career season of low injuries to our core players.. that will get us to the promise land

I'm the same way......  he said list three and I can't even think of ONE that needs to have a career year because we're so balanced.

Geno needs to keep being Geno.

Dalton needs to keep playing as well as he has been since he started working with House.

AJ will be AJ.

Everyone else will keep playing like we know they can.

I will say that we need Dennard, WJIII, Jones, Dre, and even Shaw to come to play against the Steelers to slow down their high-powered passing game, especially with Bryant returning.
Reply/Quote
If this team just plays up to their potential and we stay away from the knucklehead mistakes that seem to never go away, we can go far. Outside the Patriots the AFC just isn't that good and almost every team in the conference is in it (minus Browns, Jets , Jags)

Don't believe the Steelers hype. They are not as good as every makes them out to be. We shut down their offense almost every time we play them although unfortunately they seem to always get a helping hand to ensure a victory. I guarantee that our offensive line would look a whole lot better if we got away with holding on every play.
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Bodine.

I have faith in our other positions, but our offensive line could be the worst in the NFL.

It doesn't matter what skill players you have. If the line doesn't maintain blocks, open holes, or give solid protection, you won't be able to get the most out of those skill players.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 02:57 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Bodine.

I have faith in our other positions, but our offensive line could be the worst in the NFL.

It doesn't matter what skill players you have. If the line doesn't maintain blocks, open holes, or give solid protection, you won't be able to get the most out of those skill players.

Those were the exact names I came up and you just beat me to it.  You should be skeered  Wink
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 03:04 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Those were the exact names I came up and you just beat me to it.  You should be skeered  Wink

I try my hardest lol
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

but what your skilled players can do is help overcome a subpar line.. on the flip side you can have the best line in the league and if you lack in skilled players.. you wont be able to compete at the level you want either... 

When we and experts look at our offense, we rank very high in skilled player positions but very low on the line.. so a happy medium can do the trick.. our skilled players if they perform at the level expected and if our line can just play average at best (which with the young of three of them , improvement should be easier to gain than hopefully a veteran to raise their performance).. that gives us a chance... especially with the expected Defense we have
Reply/Quote
Cedric Ogeubi
Shawn Williams
Andy Dalton
Reply/Quote

Well, those were the exact 3 that I was going to list.  However, we have been chronicling the importance of them having a good year, since free agency began.  So, in gesture of good sportsmanship, I'll select 3 completely different players.  Andrew Billings, William Jackson III, and Nick Vigil.  If those 3 meld into the defense, and become the players that we think that they can be, it may not matter if the offense can score more than 14 pts./game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Cedric Ogbuehi
Jake Fisher
Kevin Huber (or you can insert whomever will be the Kicker)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Oline

The guys we know can ball will ball. If the o line has 3 guys having career years we will win a lot of games. Our defense is flimsy at times but it doesn't straight out suck. If the offense could stay on the field the D would get way better.
Reply/Quote
Ken Zampese, Paul Guenther, and Marvin Lewis. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 06:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ken Zampese, Paul Guenther, and Marvin Lewis. Hilarious

^This may very well be the most honest, and accurate answer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 01:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: none.. we are good enough with our roster,,, we don;t need career years out of players for team success.. lets have a career season of low injuries to our core players.. that will get us to the promise land

This.

As long as this patchwork offensive line holds up (and we can stay relatively healthy), we have enough talent to win at least 10 games. 
Reply/Quote
Meh could care less about returning to the playoffs. Its about winning in the playoffs.

And to do so, imo, Dalton first and foremost needs to have a career year. If he does then that will reflect that the other clogs in the offense are doing good, namely the o-line. It also will reflect that guys like Eifert, AJ, the RBs, and LaFell are doing good as well.

After Dalton, Burfict and Geno need to have career years. Why? Because they are the best two players on defense, and this team cant afford it's best players to have a ho-hum sort of season for a chance at winning in the post-season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 06:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ken Zampese, Paul Guenther, and Marvin Lewis. Hilarious

(07-23-2017, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ^This may very well be the most honest, and accurate answer.

This^^^^

Reply/Quote
Can not edit post from phone for some reason.

But misread the question and thought it said for their return instead of playoff return and team success.

Will rethink when not at work and give better answer.

But would think a cb or two will be on my list

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote