Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Name A Player Who Did Well.
We like to focus on who did poorly in the playoff games, lets take a turn to focus on who did well on the last four attempts. (lets keep it to guys who are still on the team, so no first half BJGE please Tongue )

I'm going to say Marvin Jones. In the Chargers game, Marvin had 8 catches on 12 targets, 130 yards, 6 first downs and a nice 49 yard bomb from Andy. We talk a lot about his impact coming back healthy, and I feel we often forget how well he played in the 2013 playoff game. Shame his season was cut short last year.

Who else played well in the last four attempts? We know it wasn't Andy! So lets not bring him up Wink
Reply/Quote
The "buzzed" from your mood indicator is shining through, in your post.

However, I'll play along.

Clarke Harris played well. Yes, yes he did. I can't remember a single botched long snap in any of those games. Smirk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: Louis-CK-Scratches-His-Head.gif]
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
Zolton Mesko. Ninja
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Jermaine Gresham Versus SDC: 7 catches for 64 yards and 1 TD
Reggie Nelson Versus HOU (2): 10 tackles
AJ Green Versus HOU (2): 5 catches 80 yards
Rey Maualuga Versus SDC: 15 tackles
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Rey and Gresham both came back and performed well after their previous playoff debacles.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 12:53 AM)Bengals23 Wrote: Zolton Mesko.  Ninja

Love that name.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 12:53 AM)Bengals23 Wrote: Zolton Mesko.  Ninja
[Image: tumblr_m1a45qsXnl1qclnk0o1_500.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Our ***** problem comes down to that **** face Andy Dalton and we all know it.
Reply/Quote
Nuge played well vs the Colts.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 12:24 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm going to say Marvin Jones. In the Chargers game, Marvin had 8 catches on 12 targets, 130 yards, 6 first downs and a nice 49 yard bomb from Andy. We talk a lot about his impact coming back healthy, and I feel we often forget how well he played in the 2013 playoff game. Shame his season was cut short last year.

Unfortunately, most of his yardage came in garbage time while we were playing catch up.

[Image: debbie-downer.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 01:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Jermaine Gresham Versus SDC: 7 catches for 64 yards and 1 TD
Reggie Nelson Versus HOU (2): 10 tackles
AJ Green Versus HOU (2): 5 catches 80 yards
Rey Maualuga Versus SDC: 15 tackles

Sadly, these probably are our best performances.

Nelson and Maualuga's tackle totals were probably inflated because the defense couldn't stop the run. More runs = more tackles.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 02:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Unfortunately, most of his yardage came in garbage time while we were playing catch up.

[Image: debbie-downer.jpg]

Only 58 of his yards came in the 4th quarter. Most of it was in the 2nd quarter on the drive that Gio fumbled at the 1.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 03:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Only 58 of his yards came in the 4th quarter. Most of it was in the 2nd quarter on the drive that Gio fumbled at the 1.

According to profootballreference, Marvin had 5 catches for 60 yards in the 4th quarter. It really inflated his numbers.

In the other 3 quarters he had 3 catches for 70 yards.

Solid production, sure, but obviously his overall numbers were inflated by us playing catch up in the final quarter against a prevent defense.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 03:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: According to profootballreference, Marvin had 5 catches for 60 yards in the 4th quarter. It really inflated his numbers.

Solid production, sure, but obviously his overall numbers were inflated by us playing catch up in the final quarter against a prevent defense.

I suppose. I guess amongst all of our other players it seemed like a gleaming performance.
Reply/Quote
Leon had a pick 6 against the Texans in 12.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 03:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: According to profootballreference, Marvin had 5 catches for 60 yards in the 4th quarter. It really inflated his numbers.

48 of the 60 in the 4th quarter came down only 10. Down 10 with 15 minutes to play is garbage time? Interesting.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 04:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 48 of the 60 in the 4th quarter came down only 10. Down 10 with 15 minutes to play is garbage time? Interesting.

I was probably wrong for saying "garbage time", but we were definitely playing catchup. How many runs did we have in the 4th quarter?

Down by 10 in the 4th isn't exactly a small margin. That's why we were passing exclusively.

First 3 quarters: 3 catches, 72 yards (24 yard avg)
4th quarter: 5 catches, 60 yards (12 yard avg)

The stats tell the story. The Chargers softened their coverage late and gave up some shorter throws to eat clock. We passed a ton and padded MLJ's stats (Dalton's as well). The game was essentially over once the Chargers were up 10. With the way Dalton was turning it over and our D was unable to stop the run, we had little chance of a come back.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 03:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I suppose. I guess amongst all of our other players it seemed like a gleaming performance.

It probably was, in comparison.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 03:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Solid production, sure, but obviously his overall numbers were inflated by us playing catch up in the final quarter against a prevent defense.

The score was 17-10 at the end of the third quarter and we were within 10 points until about 2 minutes left in the game. We were not facing a prevent defense for most of the 4th quarter.
Reply/Quote