Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Name A Player Who Did Well.
(05-26-2015, 05:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was probably wrong for saying "garbage time", but we were definitely playing catchup. How many runs did we have in the 4th quarter?

Down by 10 in the 4th isn't exactly a small margin. That's why we were passing exclusively.

First 3 quarters: 3 catches, 72 yards (24 yard avg)
4th quarter: 5 catches, 60 yards (12 yard avg)

The stats tell the story. The Chargers softened their coverage late and gave up some shorter throws to eat clock. We passed a ton and padded MLJ's stats (Dalton's as well). The game was essentially over once the Chargers were up 10. With the way Dalton was turning it over and our D was unable to stop the run, we had little chance of a come back.

Well, by that logic you have to discount any passing yardage from behind, I mean good lord, down 10 with 15 to go is not a lot. It is a small margin. It's a TD and a FG. Two TD gives you the lead.

They didn't soften their coverage. Until they went up 27-10.

They played tight until then.

Revisionist history on that. Marvin just made some good plays.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 03:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Leon had a pick 6 against the Texans in 12.

This is the only thing that comes to mind... Clark Lewis too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If I remember correctly, Rex Burkhead filled in admirably when our main core of receivers were all banged up against the Colts. Obviously wasn't a huge game changer, but he played well and made a few clutch catches.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The score was 17-10 at the end of the third quarter and we were within 10 points until about 2 minutes left in the game.  We were not facing a prevent defense for most of the 4th quarter.

Look, I can't prove they were in prevent any more than you guys can prove they weren't. The coverage looked soft to me, whether it was truly "prevent" or not. The corners were playing way off the LOS and suddenly the 5-10 yard throws were coming with ease. With our defense failing to stop the run and Dalton handing out turnovers like candy, it's my opinion that they were able to soften their coverage much sooner than normal to eat clock.

Marvin didn't catch his first pass until we were down 10 with 11:38 on the clock. Again, with the way SD was chewing up clock on every possession, 11 minutes wasn't a ton of time. I think once they were up by 10, they were chewing up clock not only by running 100% of the time, but by also allowing us the dinky 10 yard gains.

For the first 48:22, Marvin had 3 catches for 72 yards. For the last 11:38, he had 5 catches for 60 yards. If you guys don't think his stats were padded a bit by the situation, I don't know what to tell you.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 03:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Leon had a pick 6 against the Texans in 12.

Came to say this. Technically Leon brought us closer than any other player to winning a playoff game. That said...he got burned a few times too.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
BJGE vs Chargers in the playoffs - when he was given the chance. :snark:
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote