Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name Bengals two biggest HOLES and your 1st & 2nd round choices to fill them
I would really like Bush in first then like to see the FO be wild this season and use our 2nd rd and maybe a couple of our 6th rd picks and trade back up into the 1st round and grab someone like Rashan Gary or Andre Dillard.
I know it won't happen but you can always live in hope that the orginization busts a gut to back up Zak in his first draft
Reply/Quote
LB....when your defense gives up a NFL record 500 yds in 3 plus games that tells me your middle is getting gashed and now your safties are making tackles.
there is no one LB on this roster that brings a physically to the position or be able create havoc.
The Devins

DE.this franchise needs a dominant game changing pass rusher.not a guy that can rack up 7.5 sacks a year. Im talking
12 14 a year. Hubbard is hard worker.but hes not a,terror.not a wrecking machine.Lawson is still wait and see.
Montez Sweat
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 09:35 PM)impactplaya Wrote: DE.this franchise needs a dominant game changing pass rusher.not a guy that can rack up 7.5 sacks a year. Im talking
12 14 a year. Hubbard is hard worker.but hes not a,terror.not a wrecking machine.Lawson is still wait and see.
Montez Sweat

It sure seems the Bengals are looking at DE's.  They have done private visits with Polite, Ferguson, Gary, and Sweat.  Jordan Willis has given us 2 sacks in 30 plus games.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 09:25 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I would really like Bush in first then like to see the FO be wild this season and use our 2nd rd and maybe a couple of our 6th rd picks and trade back up into the 1st round and grab someone like Rashan Gary or Andre Dillard.
I know it won't happen but you can always live in hope that the orginization busts a gut to back up Zak in his first draft

I, too like this idea ... which means the Bengals will NEVER consider it.

Since the Bengals have 6 picks in the 6th round, what is more likely is that MB wants the team to trade down enough times so that he acquires EVERY pick in the 6th round.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 09:35 PM)impactplaya Wrote: LB....when your defense gives up a NFL record 500 yds in 3 plus games that tells me your middle is getting gashed and now your safties are making tackles.

The Devins

DE.this franchise needs a dominant game changing pass rusher.not a guy that can rack up 7.5 sacks a year. Im talking
Montez Sweat

(04-10-2019, 08:26 AM)Goalpost Wrote: It sure seems the Bengals are looking at DE's.  They have done private visits with Polite, Ferguson, Gary, and Sweat.  Jordan Willis has given us 2 sacks in 30 plus games.  

I have been warming up some to the idea of them drafting Devin Bush. He would definitely add some much needed speed at linebacker.

As for defensive ends, I agree that the Bengals seem to be hoping one of the top DE's slide to them at pick #11. My guess is that they would want Rashan Gary since he could rotate as a DE and DT at 6 foot 5 and 285 pounds running a 4.58 forty.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 11:56 AM)depthchart Wrote: I have been warming up some to the idea of them drafting Devin Bush. He would definitely add some much needed speed at linebacker.

As for defensive ends, I agree that the Bengals seem to be hoping one of the top DE's slide to them at pick #11. My guess is that they would want Rashan Gary since he could rotate as a DE and DT at 6 foot 5 and 285 pounds running a 4.58 forty.

I disagree on Gary, you are drafting for potential. Look at his stats from last year, not impressive. I don't think you take a guy in the 2nd to be a rotational player either. To be honest, Gary isn't better than Hubbard, or Lawson IMO
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 01:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I disagree on Gary, you are drafting for potential. Look at his stats from last year, not impressive. I don't think you take a guy in the 2nd to be a rotational player either. To be honest, Gary isn't better than Hubbard, or Lawson IMO

I wasn't saying that I wanted Gary but that I think the Bengals do.

If the Bengals do want Gary then it would be at pick #11 in round 1.

I'm not high on Gary but the Bengals may like his versatility as a DE/DT.

They had him in for a visit yesterday I believe and he is a first round guy.
Reply/Quote
Everyone is going to pick OT and LB. Sad part is that the team did nothing in FA to really "fix" those holes, as they just brought back the same people who were there from last year.

For me, it's either...

1) OT Jonah Williams, Jawaan Taylor, or Cody Ford
2) Mack Wilson, LB Alabama

or

1) LB Devin White or Devin Bush
2) OT Dalton Risner or Greg Little

The 2nd round is really where it gets tricky.
If the Bengals go OT in Rd 1, I don't want them reaching for a LB in Rd 2 if Wilson is gone. Likewise for OT if Risner or Little are gone and they go LB in Rd 1.
I like Germaine Pratt, Kaleb McGary, and Max Scharping as Rd 3 prospects. I could see McGary going Rd 2 but I think pick 42 would be a reach.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 01:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Everyone is going to pick OT and LB. Sad part is that the team did nothing in FA to really "fix" those holes, as they just brought back the same people who were there from last year.

For me, it's either...

1) OT Jonah Williams, Jawaan Taylor, or Cody Ford
2) Mack Wilson, LB Alabama

or

1) LB Devin White or Devin Bush
2) OT Dalton Risner or Greg Little

The 2nd round is really where it gets tricky.
If the Bengals go OT in Rd 1, I don't want them reaching for a LB in Rd 2 if Wilson is gone. Likewise for OT if Risner or Little are gone and they go LB in Rd 1.
I like Germaine Pratt, Kaleb McGary, and Max Scharping as Rd 3 prospects. I could see McGary going Rd 2 but I think pick 42 would be a reach.
They just re-signed Redmond for another year
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 01:16 PM)depthchart Wrote: I wasn't saying that I wanted Gary but that I think the Bengals do.

If the Bengals do want Gary then it would be at pick #11 in round 1.

I'm not high on Gary but the Bengals may like his versatility as a DE/DT.

They had him in for a visit yesterday I believe and he is a first round guy.

Teams may see Gary as miscast, ultimately being best fit as a base 4-3 that plays nickel DT.
That's the only justification for taking a guy in Rd 1 with that much gifted athleticism who didn't have more than 5.5 sacks in a season as a DE in college.
It's a gamble for sure.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 01:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: They just re-signed Redmond for another year

You mean the tender that he signed for $645k?
That's backup-level, irrelevant.
They clearly don't consider him the starter after signing Hopkins to a $3 mill tender and bringing in Miller at 3 years, $17 mill.

I'm not sure what relevance signing Redmond has for OT and LB being the biggest holes?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 01:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You mean the tender that he signed for $645k?
That's backup-level, irrelevant.
They clearly don't consider him the starter after signing Hopkins to a $3 mill tender and bringing in Miller at 3 years, $17 mill.

I'm not sure what relevance signing Redmond has for OT and LB being the biggest holes?

It was in reference to you saying they brought back the same people is all..
Reply/Quote
Those of you that want Mack Wilson have you seen him play. He was horrible this year. Yeah he has a nice highlight real of 4 mins on you tube but he has a bunch of bad footage. He got used n abused against Georgia n Clemson this year. N his red flags scare me. I too wanted him before the season but he wasn’t good this year at all.
Reply/Quote
Biggest problems: Linebacker and right tackle, in that order.

Solution at linebacker: one of the Devins. Solution at tackle: Dalton Risner, or a highly regarded first round tackle that slips into the second.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 01:09 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Those of you that want Mack Wilson have you seen him play.  He was horrible this year.  Yeah he has a nice highlight real of 4 mins on you tube but he has a bunch of bad footage.  He got used n abused against Georgia n Clemson this year.  N his red flags scare me.  I too wanted him before the season but he wasn’t good this year at all.

This game?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEp6T5g2ag8

I don't have a ton of time to watch a ton of film, but compared to the following footage of Devin Bush, I have to say that I like Mack Wilson better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z2VuUBu0ZI

Wilson looked like a football player who was scrapping it out against the opposing o-line and covering his assignment pretty well most of the time(RB, mid zone, spy).

Bush just looked like a complete non-factor...against the vaunted powerhouse program that is MICHIGAN STATE lmao.  Without his 40 speed and the program that he played in, does Bush even sniff first round consideration?  Not in most draft classes methinks.  
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 04:28 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: This game?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEp6T5g2ag8

I don't have a ton of time to watch a ton of film, but compared to the following footage of Devin Bush, I have to say that I like Mack Wilson better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z2VuUBu0ZI

Wilson looked like a football player who was scrapping it out against the opposing o-line and covering his assignment pretty well most of the time(RB, mid zone, spy).

Bush just looked like a complete non-factor...against the vaunted powerhouse program that is MICHIGAN STATE lmao.  Without his 40 speed and the program that he played in, does Bush even sniff first round consideration?  Not in most draft classes methinks.  

Prior to the Combine, Bush was projected right around the same as Wilson...late first to early second round.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Biggest holes are RT and LB, no question. But the only OT/LB I would draft at 11 is White ... and even then I'm watching and re-watching every single bit of his tape b/c I'm not yet sold. At 11, I want a potential perennial All Pro rather than a "solid starter" at OT or a "LB who can cover," so give me one of the blue chip D-lineman. I expect at least one of Oliver, Sweat, Wilkins, Ferrell, or Gary will drop to us.

Then I address the holes in 2-3. Ford or Risner could drop to 2. Little or McGary will almost certainly be there. Cajuste, Edwards, Howard, or an OG prospect could be there in 3. At LB, Joseph, Hanks, or Pratt will be there in 2, possibly 3 ... Coney or Edwards should be around in 3. Bottom line, I'm OK filling holes with solid starters in the later rounds, but give me a potential pro bowler at 11.

As for Mack Wilson, I see similarities to Rey Maualuga -- does his job on a college team loaded with talent, but in the NFL is a solid starter at best with frequent bonehead plays. I'd be OK with him in 2, but not thrilled.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 01:07 PM)depthchart Wrote: My example:

Bobby Hart RT (Hole 1) -    Round 1 - Take Jawaan Taylor 6 foot 5, 328 pounds RT Florida -or- Greg Little 6 foot 6, 325 pounds LT/RT Ole Miss (if Jawaan is not there at pick #11 maybe even a small trade down to say pick #17 to get Greg Little who could play RT in 2019 then move to LT long term)

Jordan Evans LB (Hole 2) - Round 2 - Take Mack Wilson 6 foot 2, 240 pounds LB - a more speedy & versatile upgrade to Jordan Evans in 2019 and Mack could possibly move to middle linebacker as his career progresses & as the linebacker core gets reshaped longer term.

Name your Top two HOLES and how you would fill them with the first two picks.

Good Thread.

I will say the two biggest holes are LB(Evans, Brown, and basically anyone not named Vigil) and DT(Billings, injured Glasgow, whatever re-tread played at the end of the year and looked better than our starters).  The man I would want at #11 is Devin White.  Now, would I take White over a top-tier OT that could push to start right away?  No.  I would rather get the LB later in the draft (or somehow get Derron Lee from the Jets) and fill the tackle position even though I believe our biggest hole is at LB.  Simply put, I think we can upgrade the LB spot much easier than the OT spot.  But our LB corps was pathetic.  Even with a healthy Preston Brown, they are short on talent and depth.  There are a number of LBs I would target in Rd 3-5.

The DT I would LOVE to fall to us in Rd 2, and he just might because all teams seem to want penetrators and not pluggers, is Dexter Lawrence from Clemson.  I think a stout DT next to our other three starters makes a HUGE impact on the entire defense.  
Reply/Quote
Besides the Devins the other linebacker to watch is Blake Cashman out of Minnesota. He has elite speed n tackling ability. He’s the only linebacker who graded above 80 in all abilities. Luke Kuechly type of player well a poor mans. Probably round 2 prospect.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 12:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Besides the Devins the other linebacker to watch is Blake Cashman out of Minnesota.  He has elite speed n tackling ability.  He’s the only linebacker who graded above 80 in all abilities.   Luke Kuechly type of player well a poor mans.   Probably round 2 prospect.

Cashman has three major concerns aka three shoulder surgeries in 11 months. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote