Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name Bengals two biggest HOLES and your 1st & 2nd round choices to fill them
My example:

Bobby Hart RT (Hole 1) -    Round 1 - Take Jawaan Taylor 6 foot 5, 328 pounds RT Florida -or- Greg Little 6 foot 6, 325 pounds LT/RT Ole Miss (if Jawaan is not there at pick #11 maybe even a small trade down to say pick #17 to get Greg Little who could play RT in 2019 then move to LT long term)

Jordan Evans LB (Hole 2) - Round 2 - Take Mack Wilson 6 foot 2, 240 pounds LB - a more speedy & versatile upgrade to Jordan Evans in 2019 and Mack could possibly move to middle linebacker as his career progresses & as the linebacker core gets reshaped longer term.

Name your Top two HOLES and how you would fill them with the first two picks.
Reply/Quote
The biggest hole this team has is at the top. Unfortunately, there is no draft for executives.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The way we got gashed last year, I put the number 1 need as Linebacker, so I think we draft a LB in the first. Who that is I guess depends on who is there. I put that need ahead of needing an OT to replace Hart, simply because Hart struggles as a pass blocker, but is decent blocking for the run, and all indications are that we are running the ball this year, and with Andy's quick release, he doesn't have to hold his pass blocks as long as he did with Driskell. I think we go OT or OG in the 2nd round...
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 01:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The biggest hole this team has is at the top. Unfortunately, there is no draft for executives.

Does every thread on this board have to turn into this?
Reply/Quote
Biggest hole Evans - draft one Bush

Biggest hole #2 - draft Risner round 2.

Replace Dalton next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 01:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The way we got gashed last year, I put the number 1 need as Linebacker, so I think we draft a LB in the first. Who that is I guess depends on who is there. I put that need ahead of needing an OT to replace Hart, simply because Hart struggles as a pass blocker, but is decent blocking for the run, and all indications are that we are running the ball this year, and with Andy's quick release, he doesn't have to hold his pass blocks as long as he did with Driskell. I think we go OT or OG in the 2nd round...

I assumed that Devin White would not be there in round 1.

You could take Devin Bush LB in round 1 and Tytus Howard RT in round 2 in your scenario.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 01:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The biggest hole this team has is at the top. Unfortunately, there is no draft for executives.

If Mike is Hole #1 then who is you 2nd hole   Confused
Reply/Quote
The biggest hole is at RT. Many are going to say LB but sorry would argue that from many perspectives.
1) Preston Brown was playing pretty well prior to getting injured.
2) Burfict was fat and out of shape and did not seem to care to correct it.
3) We drafted Jefferson early last season.
4) We have several young athletic LBs on this roster that check many of the boxes you want checked for a modern day LB.
5) I think coaching the modern day LB has passed Haslett by and would like to see this young group under better coaching.

1st Round fix - Jawaan Taylor (doubt he makes it to us) so next would be Andre Dillard
2nd Round fix - Yodny Cajuste or Tytus Howard

2nd biggest hole I will appease many and say LB but there is not a LB that I would want in the first round. I think both Devins need serious work as tacklers and I feel when all is said and done that Mack Wilson will be the best LB to come out of this draft and that is who I would be looking to draft in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
The biggest hole to me is still on the offensive line. It's practically everywhere when you consider the long-term picture. Glenn hasn't gotten through a full season for a couple of years. Boling is getting up there age-wise, but is still a solid starter. Price needs to show something before I anoint him a cornerstone of the next decade. Miller is just a guy holding a place. Hart is and always has been a pile of trash.

Taking all of this into consideration and giving Price the benefit of the doubt, I'd say any guard or tackle fills the hole. I'm talking about anyone who can be a no-doubt, top-level cornerstone up front for the foreseeable future in the Zac Taylor era.

Due to these factors and what I think will be available, I'm going with Cody Ford. He's played both OG and OT, and seems like more of a lock to be a star as a guard than any of the potential first rounders do as OTs. He's huge and he's got the tape to show he can do it. Draft him and forget about the RG position for the next decade. If they don't want to pay a guard when his deal is up, put him on the Whitworth scholarship and see if he can make it as a RT in a year or so.

My second choice has to be LB. The top of the depth chart in this group is average to shitty and the depth pretty much sucks, too. I take Vosean Joseph here and hope he can be our Darius Leonard. He covers, he hits, and he's instinctive as hell. His biggest knock is size, but that can be fixed a lot easier than bad instincts.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 02:14 PM)depthchart Wrote: If Mike is Hole #1 then who is you 2nd hole   Confused

Geez, that's a tough one. I keep getting torn between RT and LB. Because this draft is light on LBers I'd have to go with a LB in round one unless the draft unfolds in a way where the top two LBers are gone by the 11th pick. Realistically, I think Bush is the pick.

I'd very much love for the team to go OT in the first cause I believe we could get a pro-bowl guy with the 11th pick. But since the team made no effort to fill the LB hole in free agency I believe they have limited their options in the draft.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 01:22 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Does every thread on this board have to turn into this?

Is Mike Brown still the GM?

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 01:07 PM)depthchart Wrote: My example:

Bobby Hart RT (Hole 1) -    Round 1 - Take Jawaan Taylor 6 foot 5, 328 pounds RT Florida -or- Greg Little 6 foot 6, 325 pounds LT/RT Ole Miss (if Jawaan is not there at pick #11 maybe even a small trade down to say pick #17 to get Greg Little who could play RT in 2019 then move to LT long term)

Jordan Evans LB (Hole 2) - Round 2 - Take Mack Wilson 6 foot 2, 240 pounds LB - a more speedy & versatile upgrade to Jordan Evans in 2019 and Mack could possibly move to middle linebacker as his career progresses & as the linebacker core gets reshaped longer term.

LB - Devins
OT - Little
DE - Justin Hollins. Lawson will take a year to recover from ACL.
Reply/Quote
Seems everybody is on the same page on our needs.
Reply/Quote

I think I agree with this; that is, if White is not available.  I do think the Bengals are going to surprise somewhere in the draft and it could be at 11, drafting Haskins at QB.  If not, this works for me.  I like Mack Wilson better in some ways compared to both Devins.  Taylor will be a rock for 10 years at RT.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 03:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think I agree with this; that is, if White is not available.  I do think the Bengals are going to surprise somewhere in the draft and it could be at 11, drafting Haskins at QB.  If not, this works for me.  I like Mack Wilson better in some ways compared to both Devins.  Taylor will be a rock for 10 years at RT.  

I assumed that Devin White would not be there at pick #11.

The Steelers don't play games with there O-line and invest a good chunk of Money into keeping it strong with continuity.

The Bengals take stabs at O-line upgrades but don't seem to go to the level of making SURE the O-line is strong.

I want to add to the moves from last year (Glenn/Price) with another strong attempt at an O-line upgrade.

Keep pursuing O-line upgrades until it becomes ELITE and then invest in keeping it Elite longer term.

A solid O-line with continuity seems to be a Steeler fundamental belief but not a Bengal fundamental belief.
Reply/Quote

I think I would agree with this.  And would be comfortable with it.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Most Alabama fans can’t stand Mack Wilson after watching tape of the guy I can see why. He takes horrible angles n his instincts seem off. There are plenty of teams that have red flags on this guy. He has busy written all over him. In the championship game he flat out stunk.
Reply/Quote

It would be great if we found a way to get Taylor and White. I know that’s far fetched and beyond our capabilities unless they pull off some super shit.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 06:47 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Most Alabama fans can’t stand Mack Wilson after watching tape of the guy I can see why.  He takes horrible angles n his instincts seem off.  There are plenty of teams that have red flags on this guy.  He has busy written all over him.  In the championship game he flat out stunk.

When Nick Saban goes out of his way to talk a guy into staying another year it peaks my interest...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm warming up to the idea of Andre Dillard at 11 should Jawaan Taylor be off the board. One of those tackles in the first would be a win imo.

In 2, Mack Wilson would be a no-brainer. David Long may be worth it in the second round as well - maybe he could be had after a trade down in 2.

I don't really think that they're in a position to draft strictly for need this draft. If the draft falls in a way where Hockenson is BPA at 11 and the top tackles are gone, or if say a really good d-line prospect is around at 2, I don't think that they're pigeon holed into taking any position. It'd make more sense to do that if expectations were higher this year and the roster was nearly complete ala 2015.
Reply/Quote