Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name Your Sleeper Pick for Bengals
(04-12-2019, 08:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mike Weber RB Ohio St. maybe in the 5th round.  Physically, he's almost a clone of Gio Bernard, slightly taller, slightly faster.  As an rusher he hits holes with quickness and authority, good receiver out of the backfield, solid blocker in pass pro.

I like Weber a lot but 5th may be a bit lucky.  I hope you are right.  I hope he is a Bengal.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 09:02 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like Weber a lot but 5th may be a bit lucky.  I hope you are right.  I hope he is a Bengal.  

I was tempted to put 4th round, but every mock simulator I've played seemed to have him available in the 5th.

Interesting fact about Mike Weber.  He never had a single fumble in college.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Chris Johnson, S, No. Alabama
Small school stud with some serious athleticism. 6’3” 200 pounds, ran a 4.42 40 time and reportedly had an insane 6.61 3-cone time. He is physical and can play gunner on special teams while being groomed as a safety. He has production also with 8 interceptions in the last 2 seasons. I mocked him to the Bengals in round 7 in my mock draft.
Reply/Quote
Rounds 3-4: DE Anthony Nelson Iowa 6’7” 270
A guy that may never hit starter level, but a reliable hard working lineman. A guy that could potentially slip inside on some passing downs and bat some balls down or push the pocket. I see him as a Glasgow type that just works his tail off.

Rounds 4-6: DT Chris Slayton Syracuse 6’4” 310 A seasoned and I believe overlooked college player. Really good power and quickness. A little more of a run stopping type. He can penetrate and had a bunch of tackles for loss. He makes the team over current DT’s Scott and Ringo. Probably over Washington and Tupou as well. Solid player.

Rounds 5-7: TE Tommy Sweeney BC 6’5” 265 I’m taking another TE for depth. Super solid player. Nothing amazing or flashy, but a guy that eliminates 3 random filler TE’s we carry now.

Round 6-UFA :LB Nate Harvey East Carolina 6’1” 225 Pure Athlete here again. He only had 1 year of production. Could be lightening on a bottle. 12 games, 24.5 TFL and 12 sacks. Video game numbers. History as a running back and should be immediately on special teams. Makes the team as last LB. we need to clean house there anyway.

Round 7-UFA: RB Jeremy Cox Old Dominion 6’0” 235 Big, powerful back that has some speed when he gets to the edge. Might not have incredible straight line speed, but seems to have unbelievable burst and cutting ability. I’m intrigued.
Reply/Quote
Tyree Jackson - QB Buffalo

6'6" 250 lbs. with a rocket arm

5th or 6th round
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2019, 09:30 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tyree Jackson - QB Buffalo

6'6" 250 lbs. with a rocket arm

5th or 6th round

More like third or fourth.  He won't last until the 5th.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Jace Sternberger
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2019, 01:10 PM)McC Wrote: More like third or fourth.  He won't last until the 5th.

4th I would draft him, no way a 3rd for me if I am Bengals
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2019, 03:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 4th I would draft him, no way a 3rd for me if I am Bengals

I don't think he'll make it out of the third.   There's a lot to like about him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
B.J. Autry, G, Jacksonville State

Mark Fields, CB, Clemson

Penny Hart, Georgia State
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote