Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name someone you were right about we didn't go after!
Through the years, we have all touted players that we thought would be the next big thing....but failed miserably. We all remember the "Lefever fever" and me and a few others liked some QB/WR big fast guy whose name I can't even remember. But....have you ever touted a player who most people didn't want for whatever reason that DID pan out where he went next, and you wish Bengals World had listened to you?? Thought this might be a fun thread for free agent time. My personal pick would be Richie Incognito, and boy could we use him now with Zeitler apparently gone. He was cut from the Dolphins for "bullying" a 6'4" 300 plus pound lineman he played beside. At the time I conceded he was a little brash and outspoken, but I thought he would be a great addition, and add some toughness to our team, and I'm pretty sure it would have worked out for us! I was reminded of him when I was watching the combine the other day, and they said he ran a 4.74 forty at his combine. So, no right or wrong answers here, all for fun; but who did you see as a real addition to the team where the Bengals should have listened to YOU but didn't??
Reply/Quote
It hurts my brain to think of all we passed up. I thought the Seahawks got a steal for cheap in DE Cliff Avril was it? The one they basically got for cheap from the Lions. The same time we were looking to replace MJ.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: It hurts my brain to think of all we passed up. I thought the Seahawks got a steal for cheap in DE Cliff Avril was it? The one they basically got for cheap from the Lions. The same time we were looking to replace MJ.

He signed a 4 year $28.5 million contract. While that's reasonable for a DE...it's a lot for the Bengals to dish out.
Reply/Quote
Ndamukong Suh

Nnamdi Asomugha

Nick Fairley

Nick Mangold (C'mon! Let's try that one again.)

This post brought to you by the letter "N."
Reply/Quote
Darryl Smith is a guy that was coming off of an injury for the Jaguars that could be had for cheap that would upgrade us at LB.

The 3 years after his injury: 123, 127, and 121 tackles...then he was hurt this last year in Tampa. During those 3 years...we struggled to cover TE's. He also had 5 sacks one year and 3 ints.
Reply/Quote
Losing out on Sean Rogers's always bumbed me out. Also not resigning Michael Johnson in 13, Marvin Jones ,or Johnathan Joseph has always hurt.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:52 PM)J24 Wrote: Losing out on Sean Rogers's always bumbed me out. Also not resigning Michael Johnson in 13, Marvin Jones ,or Johnathan Joseph has always hurt.

Shaun Rogers was big, fat, lazy, and hard to motivate. He would have been a terrible player for this coaching staff to coach.

Agree on Joseph.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ndamukong Suh

Nnamdi Asomugha

Nick Fairley

Nick Mangold (C'mon! Let's try that one again.)

This post brought to you by the letter "N."

you talking in the draft... cause those first 2 at least once they left their first team seemed to work their way right out of the league. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 04:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you talking in the draft... cause those first 2 at least once they left their first team seemed to work their way right out of the league. 

Suh had 72 tackles and 5 sacks last year for the Dolphins from the DT position. The year before 61 tackles and 6 sacks.

Atkins had 32 tackles and 9 sacks. The year before 42 tackles and 11 sacks.

While Suh's sack totals aren't double-digit, his tackle numbers are healthy.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 04:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you talking in the draft... cause those first 2 at least once they left their first team seemed to work their way right out of the league. 

I'm talking free agency when Suh went to the Dolphins and Asomugha went to the Eagles.....
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: It hurts my brain to think of all we passed up. I thought the Seahawks got a steal for cheap in DE Cliff Avril was it? The one they basically got for cheap from the Lions. The same time we were looking to replace MJ.

Cliff Avril's son is in my daughter's Kindergarten class.

(yeah, I have nothing to add to your comment)
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He signed a 4 year $28.5 million contract. While that's reasonable for a DE...it's a lot for the Bengals to dish out.

That was his 2nd contract with the Seahawks. He signed before the 2013 season for 2 yr/$13 million.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I will go with a few that were realistic cause we could all say Suh or Mack or something..

I wanted Dansby when he was younger, Daryl Smith, Brandon Marshall, Nick Fairley, Damon Harrison to name a few.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will go with a few that were realistic cause we could all say Suh or Mack or something..

I wanted Dansby when he was younger, Daryl Smith, Brandon Marshall, Nick Fairley, Damon Harrison to name a few.
I agree with you on Dansby years ago.

I thought Richie Icognito would have been a bargain pickup with that baggage. 

Too many people whined about him being a bully.  Yeah you're gonna have some dickheads now and then.

Maybe that's just what this staff and team needed.  LMAO  Some attitude on that line. 

Someone who might actually kick Piano-man's ass for being such a doofus...  or at least an Atomic Wedgie or Swirly.

[Image: th?id=OIP.clvyS3ntdVGUpiVG0ELJgQEsCn&pid...=305&h=171][Image: th?id=OIP.s93Zl_7oOPHQyTxA9q7EpgEsDb&pid...=213&h=156]

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's gotta be Mack, expensive or not.  I wanted him badly....Daryl Smith is a good call too, or Dansby several years ago.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Warren Sapp. Smirk
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Alex Mack C for me. Would be nice to get Hightower or Mangold this go around. But we all know the answer to this.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 06:19 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I agree with you on Dansby years ago.

I thought Richie Icognito would have been a bargain pickup with that baggage. 

Too many people whined about him being a bully.  Yeah you're gonna have some dickheads now and then.

Maybe that's just what this staff and team needed.  LMAO  Some attitude on that line. 

Someone who might actually kick Piano-man's ass for being such a doofus...  or at least an Atomic Wedgie or Swirly.

[Image: th?id=OIP.clvyS3ntdVGUpiVG0ELJgQEsCn&pid...=305&h=171][Image: th?id=OIP.s93Zl_7oOPHQyTxA9q7EpgEsDb&pid...=213&h=156]

Lol, sometimes you need a bully no doubt.

Might get that wimp out of yah. That Atomic Wedgy = Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 06:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Alex Mack C for me. Would be nice to get Hightower or Mangold this go around. But we all know the answer to this.

Give me Wisnewski over Mangold but actually Mangold is the exact type we go after, very realistic.

Wisnewski, Sheard, Sean Spence, Nick Fairley (once again) are what i am pushing for this time.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 06:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's gotta be Mack, expensive or not.  I wanted him badly....Daryl Smith is a good call too, or Dansby several years ago.

ditto

The need was there. He was available

We just thought Bodine was good enough smh

oops
Reply/Quote