Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOD COPS: NEW MOTTO GRACES POLICE CARS
(07-26-2015, 11:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you are seriously trying to claim that the "In God We Trust" motto is not referring directly to the Christian God then you are either completely ignorant of U.S. history or a big liar like Johhny claimed.

So which is it?

For those officers it might refer to the Christian God.  But for Muslims it might not.   I said that Muslims would not be offended by "In God We Trust"   They might be offended by "In Christ We Trust."  Two different things.  Will there be people who don't believe in God who are offended by it?  Sure.  But in my opinion, as I said before,  that statement is for the officers.  They are trusting God to protect them while they protect everyone else.  I don't suppose it will get removed, as I said before, until they succeed in taking "In God We Trust" off the money.  Which they will, eventually.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-26-2015, 11:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What is the difference between the "Christian God" and the 'Muslim God"?

The Christian god says that Muslims are going to burn in hell.  The Muslim god disagrees.

There has been a little dispute between these two religions that has being going on for a few hundred years.  Maybe you should brush up on your history.
(07-26-2015, 11:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Christian god says that Muslims are going to burn in hell.  The Muslim god disagrees.

There has been a little dispute between these two religions that has being going on for a few hundred years.  Maybe you should brush up on your history.

Think you are confusing faiths with Gods, There is only one God; both faiths know this. At least you admit they both believe (and trust) in God or as Muslims say Allah "The God".

Funny that folks just look for things to be offended by. Gilgamesh sure did stir up the rubes. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-26-2015, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Think you are confusing faiths with Gods, There is only one God; both faiths know this. 

I am not confusing anything.  The god from "In God We Trust" claims Muslims will burn in eternal hellfire. 

So no matter what type of word games you want to play Muslims know that there is a major conflict of interest.
(07-27-2015, 01:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not confusing anything.  The god from "In God We Trust" claims Muslims will burn in eternal hellfire. 

So no matter what type of word games you want to play Muslims know that there is a major conflict of interest.

You are an amazing person. A middle-aged, white, straight, non-believer that knows the hearts of blacks, Christians, homosexuals, and now Muslims.  How do you keep your head from exploding on a daily basis? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-27-2015, 01:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You are an amazing person. A middle-aged, white, straight, non-believer that knows the hearts of blacks, Christians, homosexuals, and now Muslims.  How do you keep your head from exploding on a daily basis? 

I appreciate the compliment Bfine, but in all honesty even a person with just a middle school education knows that the god mentioned in the motto "In God We Trust" is the Christian god who thinks all Muslims deserve to burn in eternal hell fire.