Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Hemp Help Me Regrow Brain Cells The Same As Marijuana?
(12-29-2018, 02:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If you click on the links in the quote by Dr Melamede it appears that all the clinical studies have been on mammels other than humans.

Clearly more research is needed, but when the head of a medical cannibus research center rejects a claim about the the use of marijuana as a cure I tend to believe her.  Seems like she would be one that is desperate to find legitimate medical uses for cannabis.

Even though it sounded like I was joking earlier I say try it.  You have nothing to lose.

Also, she said it works in rodents, but isn’t convinced that it does in humans, but what’s her reasoning?
Reply/Quote
Who cares? Just smoke it for the hell of it.

You probably already do.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: She didn't address certain things in her study, as your link points out.  Why wouldn't she address those points if they strengthened her points unless she has an agenda?

She works for a institution that is searching for medical uses for marijuana. 

That is her agenda.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 06:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Also, she said it works in rodents, but isn’t convinced that it does in humans, but what’s her reasoning?

The study form Cal University she references in the article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/03/do-adult-brains-make-new-neurons-a-contentious-new-study-says-no/555026/
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She works for a institution that is searching for medical uses for marijuana. 

That is her agenda.

Then she must not be as qualified as you’re making her out to be if she ignored important aspects of the study.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've done my research and spoken with my brain doctor.  

Then why come here asking for advice and try to pick a fight with anyone who disagrees with you?

Use it or don't.  I don't really care.  I was just responding to your question in the original post.  I am done here.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why come here asking for advice and try to pick a fight with anyone who disagrees with you?

Use it or don't.  I don't really care.  I was just responding to your question in the original post.  I am done here.

I did nothing of the sort. I asked for advice and then called you out when you posted false information more than once.
Reply/Quote
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/04/pioneering-surgery-brings-movement-back-to-paralysed-hands
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 05:30 AM)treee Wrote: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/04/pioneering-surgery-brings-movement-back-to-paralysed-hands

Pretty unbelievable with all the progress they're making for spinal cords.

The brain is a bit different in the sense that they're just repairing connections with the spinal cord.

It all is pretty amazing though.

I don't even think about it anymore, but my Facebook memories popped up today and today was while we were in the process and they asked for my records.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 12:05 AM)samhain Wrote: The main reasons it was made illegal are racism, William Randolph Hearst, and Lammot du Pont.  Hearst was a newspaper and timber mogul who hated cannabis due to the threat hemp posed to timber in terms of it's uses for paper products.  Du Pont, of Du Pont chemical fame wanted to have it banned due to his development of a synthetic fiber known as rayon that could be used in textiles and other mass-consumed products.  Hemp was probably as good or better for these purposes, and DuPont didn't have a patent for it, so it benefitted him to have it banned.  

Add this to the fact that they both were immensely powerful and tied to the head of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, a fella named Ainslinger, and you get enough pull to have it banned.  They used racist propaganda to scare the general public and soften resistance.  The whole reason it's called marijuana and not hemp or cannabis (as it had been to Americans forever) is to give it a Mexican name that would cause people to associate it with minorities.  The word isn't even in the dictionary until prohibition.  

I don't smoke anymore due to work reasons, but when you look into the actual history of weed prohibition, it's pretty infuriating.  There's zero good reason for it to remain illegal for industrial, medical or even recreational purposes.

Ah, I see someone has done their homework........or read "The Last Free Man in America:  Meets the Synthetic Subversion" by Gatewood Galbraith.    Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote