Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nancy gets her hair did
(09-03-2020, 10:07 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's the issue with that IMO. My wife for example is pretty good friends with her hairdresser and during the lock-down here in Ohio she asked if she could come to the house or vice versa to get a cut. Her hairdresser declined out of fear of losing her license if she disobeyed the lock-down order. You know how much women love their hair? LOL (I think it would have been ok had she not charged her)

It was irresponsible and sends a bad message. 

I'm with you on that.  Many of my friends were very upset they couldn't open here in PA.

Pelosi is passing the buck by saying she asked the owner to verify she was operating within the rules when she should have known the rules herself.

But this is far from the biggest news of the week.  In fact I'd venture a guess that some posters would have a fit if was the same story about the President for example.  But here we are.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 09:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: As a national leader, she should know the rules and claiming ignorance of them is not an excuse, IMO.

The rules here in GA have changed at least three times and I certainly don’t know them.

When people made claims of hypocrisy during the John Lewis funeral, I didn’t know the rules, either. I tried to look them up. The latest update by Governor Kemp is 43 pages long. I wasn’t going to wade through that to find the answer.

I understand your point, but do you think the US Speaker of the House has the time or inclination to read through a 43 page document of state rules before going to a hair salon? Or do you think she would believe the salon employees know the rules and she’ll just follow their instructions?

I know I haven’t read two of the three updates in Georgia regarding rules barbershops need to follow.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:07 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's the issue with that IMO. My wife for example is pretty good friends with her hairdresser and during the lock-down here in Ohio she asked if she could come to the house or vice versa to get a cut. Her hairdresser declined out of fear of losing her license if she disobeyed the lock-down order. You know how much women love their hair? LOL (I think it would have been ok had she not charged her)

It was irresponsible and sends a bad message. 

Well, getting the haircut wasn't the problem. Hell, I've had two haircuts during this pandemic, myself. It's just important to follow the local regulations and it appears that Pelosi did not.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:16 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The rules here in GA have changed at least three times and I certainly don’t know them.

When people made claims of hypocrisy during the John Lewis funeral, I didn’t know the rules, either. I tried to look them up. The latest update by Governor Kemp is 43 pages long. I wasn’t going to wade through that to find the answer.

I understand your point, but do you think the US Speaker of the House has the time or inclination to read through a 43 page document of state rules before going to a hair salon? Or do you think she would believe the salon employees know the rules and she’ll just follow their instructions?

I know I haven’t read two of the three updates in Georgia regarding rules barbershops need to follow.

I'm not a fan of leaders abdicating responsibility to other people. My university has done that, abdicating responsibility to the students by allowing them on campus and requesting they follow particular guidelines. Surprisingly, they didn't and within less than a week of classes they are being sent home. Pelosi is a leader and she has a responsibility to know and follow the guidelines. It's that simple for me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:35 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not a fan of leaders abdicating responsibility to other people. My university has done that, abdicating responsibility to the students by allowing them on campus and requesting they follow particular guidelines. Surprisingly, they didn't and within less than a week of classes they are being sent home. Pelosi is a leader and she has a responsibility to know and follow the guidelines. It's that simple for me.

Maybe now that Nacy Pelosi has done it people will realize that is isn't as ultra patriotic and cool as they thought.  It's like if you are a teenager and your parents start liking the band you are into.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:16 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The rules here in GA have changed at least three times and I certainly don’t know them.

Of course you're not the 2nd most powerful lawmaker in the Nation. Your ignorance of Georgia Law doesn't excuse her's (if ignorance was indeed the excuse).

My $0.02. She knew the laws, she just wants others to follow them. Much like the Michigan's Gov's hubby. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 11:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you're not the 2nd most powerful lawmaker in the Nation. Your ignorance of Georgia Law doesn't excuse her's (if ignorance was indeed the excuse).

My $0.02. She knew the laws, she just wants others to follow them. Much like the Michigan's Gov's hubby. 

If she knew the rules she deserves her comeuppance. I’m don’t know if she knows the CA rules for beauty salons as well as Limbaugh.

And there is the back and forth going on between the salon owner and the stylist. I don’t know who to believe.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If she knew the rules she deserves her comeuppance. I’m don’t know if she knows the CA rules for beauty salons as well as Limbaugh.

And there is the back and forth going on between the salon owner and the stylist. I don’t know who to believe.

Just blame Pelosi and demand she step down!!1!!111!!!  

Let the right wing noise machine and its amplifiers have that one so then can feel good about all the things going on in the country they successfully ignore.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just blame Pelosi and demand she step down!!1!!111!!!  

Let the right wing noise machine and its amplifiers have that one so then can feel good about all the things going on in the country they successfully ignore.  Smirk

Damn the right wing noise machine for acting like the Democrat mayors and governors who are ignoring all the violence and unrest happening in their cities while criticizing a leader of this country!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Damn the right wing noise machine for acting like the Democrat mayors and governors who are ignoring all the violence and unrest happening in their cities while criticizing a leader of this country!

They are not ignoring it.  They are just trying to avoid a bloodbath.

Sometimes applying pressure just escalates the situation.
Reply/Quote
I t6hought the right wing celebrated people who defied the close down orders.

So why aren't they cheering for Pelosi?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I t6hought the right wing celebrated people who defied the close down orders.

So why aren't they cheering for Pelosi?

Do you really need it explained or just trolling?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Doesn't absolve Pelosi because she still should have known and not fallen into this trap, but apparently it was all a set up.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 08:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is basically what she did.  It was a safe private appointment where the public would not at risk of being infected.  They just did it at a salon instead of at her home.

But to some it is basically proof that Dems want to destroy America.

The Hodge Twins talk about this PERFECTLY!

Why does she get special treatment?  Why wasn't she wearing a mask?  

Then, instead of just admitting she was wrong and apologizing, she goes on the attack and says she was set-up!  

SERIOUSLY?!

Typical Dems: do as I say, not as I do!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 07:20 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Doesn't absolve Pelosi because she still should have known and not fallen into this trap, but apparently it was all a set up.

Attached Files Image(s)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 08:11 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Hodge Twins talk about this PERFECTLY!

Why does she get special treatment?  Why wasn't she wearing a mask?  

Then, instead of just admitting she was wrong and apologizing, she goes on the attack and says she was set-up!  

SERIOUSLY?!

Typical Dems: do as I say, not as I do!

In order:

1) Because they offered it to her.  Lot's of people get special treatment because they are rich and/or powerful.  That doesn't make it right.

2) She had just had her hair washed and didn't have it back on yet. (Per Pelosi)

3) Perhaps she doesn't think she was wrong because the owner told her it was ok.  She still should have known better.

Yes, seriously.  This is the single most important topic of this election cycle.  Please only focus on it.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 08:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: In order:

1) Because they offered it to her.  Lot's of people get special treatment because they are rich and/or powerful.  That doesn't make it right.

2) She had just had her hair washed and didn't have it back on yet. (Per Pelosi)

3) Perhaps she doesn't think she was wrong because the owner told her it was ok.  She still should have known better.

Yes, seriously.  This is the single most important topic of this election cycle.  Please only focus on it.

1 Per Nancy.  Even so, just because someone is offered something, it makes the person accepting it free of responsibility?  Does that work with people taking drugs, too?

2.  You can't get your hair washed with a mask on?  Was the mask in another room?  I've been putting on a mask since it became regular and it has never taken me much effort.  

3.  Once again, that's per Nancy.  It seems a lot like Nancy's trying to cover her ass.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 08:59 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1 Per Nancy.  Even so, just because someone is offered something, it makes the person accepting it free of responsibility?  Does that work with people taking drugs, too?

2.  You can't get your hair washed with a mask on?  Was the mask in another room?  I've been putting on a mask since it became regular and it has never taken me much effort.  

3.  Once again, that's per Nancy.  It seems a lot like Nancy's trying to cover her ass.

Please find where I said Nancy shouldn't take responsibility.

Also please continue to make this the most important thing this week, maybe the year.  It is vital to the right's reelection chances.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 08:59 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1 Per Nancy.  Even so, just because someone is offered something, it makes the person accepting it free of responsibility?  Does that work with people taking drugs, too?

We went from getting a hair cut to taking drugs. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 07:20 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Doesn't absolve Pelosi because she still should have known and not fallen into this trap, but apparently it was all a set up.

She needs a better handler. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote