Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Narcos: Mexico
Im about halfway through it, but pretty good so far.

Seasons 1-3 were about the rise & fall of the two major Columbian cocaine cartels under Pablo Escober and The Rodriguez brothers through the mid 90s.

This season is about the rise of the Mexican cartels in the 80s starting with marijuana and then cocaine. So it goes back in time in relation to the first 3 seasons.

At the end of season 3, Javier Pena's dad told him that Mexico is different (compared to Columbia), hinting they are more ruthless basically, the drug cartels. I havent got that sense yet so far, but based on prior seasons in the show, we already know what happens to Kiki (the DEA agent) working on the Mexicans.

Anyways good acting, writing, etc so far. Definitely watch seasons 1-3 first though.

edit: name of show is Narcos: Mexico, season 1. It is basically season 4 of Narcos, but all new characters.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Finished it up, and overall quite good I thought.

Though it's not an exact history, it pretty much sums up how the Mexican drug cartels started in the 80s. Then touches on the corruption and whatnot between the cartel and the government/police/etc.

I thought seasons 1-2 was a solid 9/10. Season 3 was 8.5/10. I'll give this a very solid 8/10.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 02:21 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Finished it up, and overall quite good I thought.

Though it's not an exact history, it pretty much sums up how the Mexican drug cartels started in the 80s. Then touches on the corruption and whatnot between the cartel and the government/police/etc.

I thought seasons 1-2 was a solid 9/10. Season 3 was 8.5/10. I'll give this a very solid 8/10.

I agree with your ratings. Definitely one of the best shows on TV.

And I love that theme song!

[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:01 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I agree with your ratings. Definitely one of the best shows on TV.

And I love that theme song!

Best part of the theme song was that it was actually played in a restaurant in episode 1 (I think), S1 with Pablo.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 02:42 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Im about halfway through it, but pretty good so far.

Seasons 1-3 were about the rise & fall of the two major Columbian cocaine cartels under Pablo Escober and The Rodriguez brothers through the mid 90s.

This season is about the rise of the Mexican cartels in the 80s starting with marijuana and then cocaine. So it goes back in time in relation to the first 3 seasons.

At the end of season 3, Javier Pena's dad told him that Mexico is different (compared to Columbia), hinting they are more ruthless basically, the drug cartels. I havent got that sense yet so far, but based on prior seasons in the show, we already know what happens to Kiki (the DEA agent) working on the Mexicans.

Anyways good acting, writing, etc so far. Definitely watch seasons 1-3 first though.

edit: name of show is Narcos: Mexico, season 1. It is basically season 4 of Narcos, but all new characters.

Very much enjoyed the previous seasons and looking forward to this one as well. I don't get to watch a lot of television, but this is one of the handful of shows that I do really like viewing when I have the opportunity.
Reply/Quote