Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nascar bans Confederate flags
(06-22-2020, 09:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: EXACTLY!!

"The Confedrate battle flag is a universal symbol of white supremacy."

"I don't care.  I like it and my personal opinion is all that matters.  I also think the swastika looks nice so I am going to put it all over my yard and clothes.  If anyone feels uncomfortable because I publically honor countries that promoted murder and oppression of minorities and the white supremacist groups that still preach racism then that is just their fault.  History is meaningless to me."

Not everyone who takes pride in the confederate flag is racist. I would even guess those that do take pride in racist fashion are smaller than both you and myself probably realize. However, hearing the Bubba Wallace story this morning was disheartening and a huge setback for NASCAR. Unless it is discovered that the person who left it was someone not affiliated with the sport with the cause of inciting more racial tensions (which is highly unlikely). I'm not a huge NASCAR fan and just watch from time to time when I need something to gamble on with fanduel when bored. As a matter of fact, I always thought Bubba Wallace was a brother, son, cousin or something of Rusty. So that kind of tells you my current knowledge of the sport.

Reading an article on the subject today, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Was interviewed and he was pretty disgusted at the act and said he hoped Bubba won the race today (evidently was rained out and rescheduled for 3pm today). I hope he wins too. Would make a great story.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 12:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not everyone who takes pride in the confederate flag is racist.

And some people might just like the way a swastika or a burning cross looks.  But that does not matter when we are dealing with symbols that are universally recognized as supporting groups that promote violence against minorities.

Even if you don't agree with the symbolism it still exists, and the Confederate battle flag is a well recognized symbol of people who support racism and violence against minorities.

Those symbols are used to promote fear and intimidation.  They have that effect even if you don't think they should.  So your opinion does not change reality.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 12:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not everyone who takes pride in the confederate flag is racist. I would even guess those that do take pride in racist fashion are smaller than both you and myself probably realize. However, hearing the Bubba Wallace story this morning was disheartening and a huge setback for NASCAR. Unless it is discovered that the person who left it was someone not affiliated with the sport with the cause of inciting more racial tensions (which is highly unlikely). I'm not a huge NASCAR fan and just watch from time to time when I need something to gamble on with fanduel when bored. As a matter of fact, I always thought Bubba Wallace was a brother, son, cousin or something of Rusty. So that kind of tells you my current knowledge of the sport.

Reading an article on the subject today, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Was interviewed and he was pretty disgusted at the act and said he hoped Bubba won the race today (evidently was rained out and rescheduled for 3pm today). I hope he wins too. Would make a great story.

Turns out that rope had been there since October or so, and was used on the garage door.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2020, 08:32 PM)jason Wrote: Turns out that rope had been there since October or so, and was used on the garage door.

Just read that this morning. Now I shift and wonder how this couldn’t have been noticed before all the media buzz. Don’t think the noose as a garage door pull rope was ever mentioned, just the noose. Oh well, fooled by msm again.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 07:31 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Just read that this morning. Now I shift and wonder how this couldn’t have been noticed before all the media buzz. Don’t think the noose as a garage door pull rope was ever mentioned, just the noose. Oh well, fooled by msm again.

It probably was a lil disconcerting for the lone black driver to find a moose 8n his garage at the very moment the Confederate flag was banned though. It's encouraging to see the good ol boys of the sport rally around him though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 03:41 PM)jason Wrote: It probably was a lil disconcerting for the lone black driver to find a moose 8n his garage at the very moment the Confederate flag was banned though. It's encouraging to see the good ol boys of the sport rally around him though.

Problem here is that he didn't find it. So whoever did, let this get out of hand. It would be horrible if we found out later NASCAR somehow was behind this as a publicity stunt. People with access to the garages should have been NASCAR employees or track employees. They know what the damn rope is used for attached to the garage door. I'm not saying that NASCAR is behind this, just saying its possible with the way this played out. And again, the MSM has turned something innocent into more racial tension stories.

I heard on the radio that people are comparing Bubba Wallace to that Jussie Smollett guy? I think that's total BS and non-related. Bubba was pulled into this lie, while Jussie created his lie. I agree with you that it was cool to see how the drivers rallied around BW though. That was a good story in itself, even if created by a lie. Out of everything and everyone who participated in this shenanigan should feel horrible, the acts from drivers to BW should not. 

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 04:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Problem here is that he didn't find it. So whoever did, let this get out of hand. It would be horrible if we found out later NASCAR somehow was behind this as a publicity stunt. People with access to the garages should have been NASCAR employees or track employees. They know what the damn rope is used for attached to the garage door. I'm not saying that NASCAR is behind this, just saying its possible with the way this played out. And again, the MSM has turned something innocent into more racial tension stories.

I heard on the radio that people are comparing Bubba Wallace to that Jussie Smollett guy? I think that's total BS and non-related. Bubba was pulled into this lie, while Jussie created his lie. I agree with you that it was cool to see how the drivers rallied around BW though. That was a good story in itself, even if created by a lie. Out of everything and everyone who participated in this shenanigan should feel horrible, the acts from drivers to BW should not. 

Just noticed in my post I typed the word moose...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 05:10 PM)jason Wrote: Just noticed in my post I typed the word moose...

That means mooseknuckle will be adding his opinion shortly. You did the moose call. LOL

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 07:31 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Just read that this morning. Now I shift and wonder how this couldn’t have been noticed before all the media buzz. Don’t think the noose as a garage door pull rope was ever mentioned, just the noose. Oh well, fooled by msm again.

MSM never fooled anyone.  Everyone agrees the rope was tied into a noose.  This is not just a garage pull rope that "looks like a noose".  None of the other pull ropes were tied into a noose.

If you are blaming the MSM then it sounds like you were fooled by FoxNews.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 06:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: MSM never fooled anyone.  Everyone agrees the rope was tied into a noose.  This is not just a garage pull rope that "looks like a noose".  None of the other pull ropes were tied into a noose.

Did the knot tighten when pulled?  That is the key, demonstrable feature of a "noose"..  As I understand, it did not.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 06:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: MSM never fooled anyone.  Everyone agrees the rope was tied into a noose.  This is not just a garage pull rope that "looks like a noose".  None of the other pull ropes were tied into a noose.

Whatever

[Image: 64db197758e6456c8eb955c0d4654277_md.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Attached Files Image(s)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Attached Files Image(s)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 09:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is 100% bullshit.

I live as far back in the country as you can get and black "holler folks" here are still offended by the Confederate flag.  I guarantee the ones who live around you are just as offended.  They just never talk to you about it.

But please tell us exactly where this racial utopia where you claim to live exists.  Lots of people will be interested to see it and study the sociology arounds there in order to figure out why it is different from every other place else in the country.

listen buddy. just cause folks there might be offended dont mean all black folks everywhere are offended. You dont speak for all black folk and i dont either. i can speak on the ones i know and live around though cause theyve said how they feel. You calling them liars? i think its probably more of you being offended for them. you dont care how they feel as long as you can be outraged right fella? 

white folks who like to be offended for blacks folks hate it when blacks folks have a different opinion about things and aint offended like you are. i find it Comical sometimes that folks expect all blacks to act the same and feel the same about shit. You cant belive that blacks folks aint fallin in line to be offended the weay you think they should.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And some people might just like the way a swastika or a burning cross looks.  But that does not matter when we are dealing with symbols that are universally recognized as supporting groups that promote violence against minorities.

Even if you don't agree with the symbolism it still exists, and the Confederate battle flag is a well recognized symbol of people who support racism and violence against minorities.

Those symbols are used to promote fear and intimidation.  They have that effect even if you don't think they should.  So your opinion does not change reality.

theres people in other coutries that feel the same way about the American flag. should we get red of it cause some people in other lands think it repersents bad things against them and there countries? if we can just get red of something cause others people are offended by it or cause bad things have been done using it as a symbol then the amercan flag might be next fella. Then people like you will have to own that.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 07:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did the knot tighten when pulled?  That is the key, demonstrable feature of a "noose"..  As I understand, it did not.

good point bud but it doesnt matter, Cause they gonna make the story be what they want.
Reply/Quote