Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nat’l Sports Media Almost Seems to Approve of Chase
Of course it matters little - if at all - but there aren’t a lot of “The Bungles Did Something Stupid Again” hit pieces. It certainly can’t be because of Lackary Taylor’s rough hewn reputation as a football guru. And we’re an easy target - lost franchise QB in his rookie season because of an awful OL, pass up a legit franchise LT for a wideout. And there are some saying that; of course. But the overall reaction to the pick has been much more positive than I imagined.

Now go forth and fetch me the fattest and fittest road warriors and we shall dine. We shall eat not but the finest cheeses and sip not but the heftiest port. We will chew not but the jerkiest jerky and cram our gullets with the coniest of coneys. Raise thine Sigil (the redesigned one without the white stuff on the side) facing towards the stinky bowels of the Land of Cleve and divert the fairest of maidens from The Pittsburgh Town Rapist and his two wheeled rice rocket towards the benevolence of Borough. For a new day has risen and we no longer respect the old arrangements. Cry havoc and let slip the King in the AFC North.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:21 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Of course it matters little - if at all - but there aren’t a lot of “The Bungles Did Something Stupid Again” hit pieces. It certainly can’t be because of Lackary Taylor’s rough hewn reputation as a football guru. And we’re an easy target - lost franchise QB in his rookie season because of an awful OL, pass up a legit franchise LT for a wideout. And there are some saying that; of course. But the overall reaction to the pick has been much more positive than I imagined.

Now go forth and fetch me the fattest and fittest road warriors and we shall dine. We shall eat not but the finest cheeses and sip not but the heftiest port. We will chew not but the jerkiest jerky and cram our gullets with the coniest of coneys. Raise thine Sigil (the redesigned one without the white stuff on the side) facing towards the stinky bowels of the Land of Cleve and divert the fairest of maidens from The Pittsburgh Town Rapist and his two wheeled rice rocket towards the benevolence of Borough. For a new day has risen and we no longer respect the old arrangements. Cry havoc and let slip the King in the AFC North.

I foresee the following: 2. OL 3. OL 4. OL 5. OL 6. K 7. CB
Reply/Quote
Speaking of fat rapists, did anyone else catch this? I didn’t on the broadcast, but the fine folks over at Bengals Reddit are all over it lol.

[Image: t3_n1i06r?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%...ame=mweb2x]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:21 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Of course it matters little - if at all - but there aren’t a lot of “The Bungles Did Something Stupid Again” hit pieces. It certainly can’t be because of Lackary Taylor’s rough hewn reputation as a football guru. And we’re an easy target - lost franchise QB in his rookie season because of an awful OL, pass up a legit franchise LT for a wideout. And there are some saying that; of course. But the overall reaction to the pick has been much more positive than I imagined.

I think most people agree that OL is a need, I think in terms of national media most understand though that Chase's talent level was really hard to pass up with the depth at OL in this draft. It was one thing to say that before the draft, but after seeing who is still on the board right now it is easy to say it was the right decision. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of fat rapists, did anyone else catch this? I didn’t on the broadcast, but the fine folks over at Bengals Reddit are all over it lol.

[Image: t3_n1i06r?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%...ame=mweb2x]

Smithers - HIRE THAT MAN

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:23 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I foresee the following: 2. OL 3. OL 4. OL 5. OL 6. K 7. CB

I’d love it, but no way they pick 4 consecutive OLs.

Reply/Quote
Our draft grade really hinges on these next two rounds. If they get one or two good to decent OL with at least one being day 1 ready, you’ll see most people be okay with it. We’ve also done extremely well in the 2nd round as of late so if I were a betting man I’m betting 2nd round starter and solid contributer is a good bet.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals were to end up with Teven Jenkins, I don't think any media type would even feel like they have a leg to stand on if they wanted to scratch their shit-on-Cincinnati itches. Even if not, the first round fell beautifully for the Bengals.

If they don't take an OL here, then they'll be crucified and rightly so. They'll probably get it right.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:34 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’d love it, but no way they pick 4 consecutive OLs.

Yeah, I know. Totally sarcastic. However it’s very possible 2 and 3 are OL and I’m completely okay with that.
Reply/Quote