Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate Burleson On GMF About Marvin!
(06-06-2018, 03:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree, although I AM anxious to see what Merv can get done without a meddling "assistant HC" on the sidelines.....

I'm with ya there 100%. Other than ol' Merv, that's one of the only coaches that's been along for the whole ride.

(06-06-2018, 03:32 PM)3wt Wrote: No offense taken Shake, and I get it, it's a long time between drinks of water with a lot of frustrating crunch time losses. 

I really don't know if Marvin shook himself out of the grasp of restrictions and had more going on than we knew.  But if he did it did not have to do with his philosophy of how you win on game day.  So I'm with you on that.

I have always thought Marvin's strength was putting the right people together, as well as helping talented players to get out of their own way.   Hopefully that will be enough this year.   I'm counting on the fact that he has put the right group together.

There's a reason all the talking heads have written us off.    But I have this feeling that we should not sleep on the Bengals this year.   I think he gets us to the playoffs again.

What happens then?   Let's hope his team pulls us through and he stays out of his own way. :andy:

Part of the reason it's so frustrating is that I have no big problems with Marv outside of that. I think his level of regular season success has been acceptable at least. He'd probably be considered a hero to Bengals fans everywhere, if he just had a few playoff wins on the resume. A deep playoff run or two.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 11:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Must explain why he's so nice, ay?  Smirk

Its "EH!!!!" :@
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 12:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Its "EH!!!!" :@

LOL I was waiting for you on that.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 01:34 PM)3wt Wrote: LOL I was waiting for you on that.

Its actually quite funny/interesting:

The Brits say, "eh," SIGNIFICANTLY more than Canadians do; I rarely here it here week to week, while the 2 weeks of my life I've spent in the UK, I heard it dozens of times a day, not to mention the members of the Who say it a lot during their banter, in the Kids Are Alright.

Newfoundlanders (1.4% of the population of Canada) are the only people that say it consistently and they are the ones spoofed and parodied, with the, "eh," things.

Misrepresentation I tells ya!
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 02:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Its actually quite funny/interesting:

The Brits say, "eh," SIGNIFICANTLY more than Canadians do; I rarely here it here week to week, while the 2 weeks of my life I've spent in the UK, I heard it dozens of times a day, not to mention the members of the Who say it a lot during their banter, in the Kids Are Alright.

Newfoundlanders (1.4% of the population of Canada) are the only people that say it consistently and they are the ones spoofed and parodied, with the, "eh," things.

Misrepresentation I tells ya!

Good to know, didn't know that Truck.

Evangeline Lilly is a babe Canadian BTW. Cool
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good to know, didn't know that Truck.

Evangeline Lilly is a babe Canadian BTW. Cool
Indeed she is Wink

For Canadians with similar names, I'll throw out Emmanuelle Chriqui [Image: 220px-EmmanuelleChriqui08TIFF.jpg]

Would've gotten a better pic, but most are blocked/unviewable at work.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 04:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed she is Wink

For Canadians with similar names, I'll throw out Emmanuelle Chriqui [Image: 220px-EmmanuelleChriqui08TIFF.jpg]

I've been to Canada a few times and can honestly say, you guys know how to grow beautiful women!!
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 06:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I've been to Canada a few times and can honestly say, you guys know how to grow beautiful women!!

Why thank you, Wedge!
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2018, 12:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Part of the reason it's so frustrating is that I have no big problems with Marv outside of that. I think his level of regular season success has been acceptable at least. He'd probably be considered a hero to Bengals fans everywhere, if he just had a few playoff wins on the resume. A deep playoff run or two.

Plus he has those dreamy eyes.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 10:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Plus he has those dreamy eyes.

And don't forget the Cheshire grin. 
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 04:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed she is Wink

(06-08-2018, 06:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I've been to Canada a few times and can honestly say, you guys know how to grow beautiful women!!

And they protest by doing nice things and cleaning the house.

Reply/Quote
Would be very happy to see Marvin in Bengals front office.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote