Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate burleson is right...
(09-27-2019, 11:09 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: He would be right...

IF we had even a league average offensive line. 

And decent linebackers. 

The truth :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:07 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Nate pointed out to the viewers on good morning football that the Bengals could be a playoff team this season..He said his reasoning comes from the schedule the Bengals have played so far noting the 8-1 combined record of the Bengals first 3 opponents...

He also said Andy dalton from 11 personnel under center is 18 for 25 72% with 2 touchdowns and no picks,I rewatched the buffalo game and we didn't start effectively moving the ball until we went to that formation..

He also pointed out that we played without a.j green and Cordy Glenn so far something alot of teams can't say..burleson also picked us over the Steelers...

A fellow Nate I like.

Hopefully the Niners game was an anomaly.

That is all I can say cause the other two games we surely had more than a chance to win without AJ and Glenn.

We started running the ball against the toughest D in the league to run on. That is a good start.

Lets act like it is the start of the season and just go out there and get a win against our Division rivals.

Dalton should play under Center more often that is for sure. Too predictable in the Shotgun.

More pump fakes as well, DL can read that quick pass Offense and bat the ball down too easily.
Reply/Quote
Nate made a couple of good points. The Bengals beating Pittsburgh and being a playoff team aren't good ones.
Fool me once, Shame on you, Fool me 20+ years, Shame on me I'm a Bengals fan
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 11:09 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: He would be right...

IF we had even a league average offensive line. 

And decent linebackers. 

And a QB who didn't fumble the ball without being touched, or throw a game losing INT with a clean pocket and open look.

The O line has to get better, but the plays were there to be made by the QB in 2 of the 3 losses and he just failed miserably. He lost those two games..... IN A CLEAN POCKET. 

Like, you blame the o line when both of his major miscues that lost games came in a clean pocket. WTF?

The oline and LBs as an excuse for not winning at least 2 of those 3 games are distant 2nds and 3rds down the line behind the QB needing to make the plays to win the games.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 01:40 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Nate make a couple of good points. The Bengals beating Pittsburgh and being a playoff team aren't good ones.
Fool me once, Shame on you, Fool me 20+ years, Shame on me I'm a Bengals fan

Fool me 29 years , Shame on me
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 01:41 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The oline and LBs as an excuse for not winning at least 2 of those 3 games are distant 2nds and 3rds down the line behind the QB needing to make the plays to win the games.

No they are not.  When multiple players make multiple mistakes to lose a game you can't say one mistake by one player was the reason we lost.  Especially when the one player you obsess over made fewer mistakes than the other players.

So far Dalton has not been the reason we lost.  He has actually been the reason we have been close.  The defense and running game have been much worse than the passing game.  You can't claim they are meaningless and blame everything on Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they are not.  When multiple players make multiple mistakes to lose a game you can't say one mistake by one player was the reason we lost.  Especially when the one player you obsess over made fewer mistakes than the other players.

So far Dalton has not been the reason we lost.  He has actually been the reason we have been close.  The defense and running game have been much worse than the passing game.  You can't claim they are meaningless and blame everything on Dalton.

It's really a tall task to carry a offense when the running game isn't there to keep the defense honest 
This is the 1st time Andy hasn't had a running game to balance 
The run pass ratio 
Very few QBs can thrive and win without a steady consistant running game 
With all.that said what separates QBs from each other is if they can make the critical throws in 4th q.
Up untIl last week AD was good at 4th q. Comebacks 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Def. 

On a side note; i'm off today and watching the program right now and they have a segment called 'Wall Streeters'. OMG...they just did one that was one of the funniest things i've seen on tv. If you get a chance to see it, it's well worth the watch. Hilarious!

Intentionally funny?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they are not.  When multiple players make multiple mistakes to lose a game you can't say one mistake by one player was the reason we lost.  Especially when the one player you obsess over made fewer mistakes than the other players.

So far Dealton has not been the reason we lost.  He has actually been the reason we have been close.  The defense and running game have been much worse than the passing game.  You can't claim they are meaningless and blame everything on Dalton.

Tbh Damian Willis was wide open for at least a 14 yard gain in Seattle on third down on that critical next to last drive of the game...The blocking held up, the play call was good but as always Andy couldn't deliver without getting the pass knocked down at the Los...I love Andy and I've been defending him for years but it's hard ignore some of his mistakes...He's also been a one read pre determined QB ,and when the first read is gone he's a deer in the headlights...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 02:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Intentionally funny?

Yeah. The were acting as day traders, buying and selling stock on players and they killed it. Especially the one guy (i don't recall his name atm). 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I found it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 02:39 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Tbh Damian Willis was wide open for at least a 14 yard gain in Seattle on third down on that critical next to last drive of the game...The blocking held up, the play call was good but as always Andy couldn't deliver without getting the pass knocked down at the Los...I love Andy and I've been defending him for years but it's hard ignore some of his mistakes...He's also been a one read pre determined QB ,and when the first read is gone he's a deer in the headlights...

Pretty much correct. Never seen a QB in my life get so many passes knocked down but that's not all his fault.OL simply very inconsistent protecting him and setting up a wall and AD has resorted back to NOT stepping up in the pocket to buy time but instead takes off and we all know that ball is either going out of bounds or he's too slow to escape the sack.

AD is not the guy to lead this team going forward to anything better than a .50 record at best...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 09:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The Bills were 6-10 last year.  

...that moment when all the losing seasons are blurring together so that two years ago felt like last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 03:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...that moment when all the losing seasons are blurring together so that two years ago felt like last year.

Even when the Bills made the playoffs they backed in and were beaten in round 1.  My point is that playoff teams tend to not sit around and talk about how many games they "should have" won, unless those games were against the Chiefs or Patriots, or something.

Plus, the Steelers lost a blowout to the Patriots and then "almost won" vs the same 2 teams we should have "almost won" to, so are we supposed to be worried about them?  Meh.

EDIT - Well, the Steelers almost won vs the 49ers and they were our blowout, but you get the idea.
Reply/Quote
Interesting to think about but I can't see this team doing better than 8-8 and I think they have to sweep the Steeler to do that. As bad as the Steelers are I don't see it happening because Bengals gonna Bengal.
Reply/Quote
I still think this team will go 9-7. We will continue to get better as the season goes on. Taylor will improve as a coach as the season goes on. We will get Green back and Glenn seems to be on his way back also. The schedule seems to be getting a lot easier and teams like the Steelers look a lot worse than I thought they would be. We've only had 1 home game so far this season. I understand why people are freaking out, but if you didnt think the start of the season was going to be rocky then ?‍♂️
Reply/Quote
We cant run the ball.
Our offensive line is terrible.
Our linebackers are terrible.

This team isn't winning the division and it shouldn't have a winning record. Nate Burleson is an idiot.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Kay Adams is a snack.

That's my contribution to this thread.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 01:41 PM)PDub80 Wrote: And a QB who didn't fumble the ball without being touched, or throw a game losing INT with a clean pocket and open look.

The O line has to get better, but the plays were there to be made by the QB in 2 of the 3 losses and he just failed miserably. He lost those two games..... IN A CLEAN POCKET. 

Like, you blame the o line when both of his major miscues that lost games came in a clean pocket. WTF?

The oline and LBs as an excuse for not winning at least 2 of those 3 games are distant 2nds and 3rds down the line behind the QB needing to make the plays to win the games.

PFF says we have the 31st ranked offensive line, but I guess we're fine right.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 04:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We cant run the ball.
Our offensive line is terrible.
Our linebackers are terrible.

This team isn't winning the division and it shouldn't have a winning record. Nate Burleson is an idiot.

Truth.

We were barely a playoff team when our roster was good. How is Burleson squinting to try to see us as a playoff team now?
Reply/Quote