Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's 1st Mock of 2018...
Alright, haven't done one yet and have the time today, here we go....

1st Round - Isiaah Wynn G Georgia - Wynn can play all the positions at a very high level, he has great feet and hands and
can pick up blitzes and twists effortlessly. Has the smarts to play Center if needed but i see him moving to RT or RG as a
starter instantly and being that glue that holds the entire Offensive Line together. Plays physical when he wants to as well.

2nd Round - Billy Price C Ohio State - I see Price being the 3rd Center taken now and he could easily fall to us with his pec
injury and the fact he has shorter arms and didn't play in the SEC like Ragnow. While i would rather have Ragnow i think he is
picked before Price, but would be very happy with Price. Dude can anchor and take on the big uglies. Great run blocker and good
pass protector, Dalton can finally step into a nice pocket. O-line is fixed.

3rd Round - Rasheem Green DE USC - We need another End for our rotation and this guy has the skills he is just a little raw.

3rd Round - Shaqueem Griffin LB UCF - Dude would be a can't miss 1st rounder if he had two hands. Great athlete that can
shed blocks, stop the run and cover. Mad heart that will inspire.

4th Round - Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma - Great pass catching TE for the future, has skills that Kroft just doesn't but he isn't
a good blocker which is why he falls this far. You can coach blocking, not talent and this guy has Witten talent in his routes. Solid.

Trade : two 7th rounders and a 5th for a 4th round pick.

4th Round - Jessie Bates III FS Wake Forest - We need a cover, ballhawking Safety. Here he is and we couldn't wait and
hope he would be around in the 5th.

5th Round - Mike McCray LB Michigan - A leader and a solid LB to add for competition.

5th Round - Marcell Ateman WR Oklahoma State - Big bodied guy that goes up for the ball well.

7th Round - Darrin Simmons pick for ST's.
Reply/Quote
Love it and hope those are our first two picks no matter what order they come.

Could see it vice versa as well.

Like the rest and the trade too. Nice job
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Great mock, I'd be thrilled with that haul. If McCray is there, when you have us taking him, he will be the sleeper that shines.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That's a great draft, although you may be a little optimistic about some of those guys being there.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, haven't done one yet and have the time today, here we go....

1st Round - Billy Price C Ohio State - We pick the first Center at 21, the guy that fits the mold of what our new O-line coach
wants. Physical, nasty and smart. Will be able to play come Training Camp and then he can start to gel, can handle big NT's and
is great at run blocking and in pass protection. Dalton finally will have a nice pocket to step into.

2nd Round - Isiaah Wynn G Georgia - Somehow he falls cause he is a bit undersized, but the guy is so versatile we cannot
pass him up. He can play RG or RT for us in a pinch and is great technically in both the run and passing game. The O-line is fixed.

3rd Round - Rasheem Green DE USC - We need another End for our rotation and this guy has the skills he is just a little raw.

3rd Round - Shaqueem Griffin LB UCF - Dude would be a can't miss 1st rounder if he had two hands. Great athlete that can

4th Round - Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma - Great pass catching TE for the future, has skills that Kroft just doesn't but he isn't
a good blocker which is why he falls this far. You can coach blocking, not talent and this guy has Witten talent in his routes. Solid.

4th Round - Jessie Bates III FS Wake Forest - We need a cover, ballhawking Safety. Here he is and we couldn't wait and

5th Round - Mike McCray LB Michigan - A leader and a solid LB to add for competition.

5th Round - Marcell Ateman WR Oklahoma State - Big bodied guy that goes up for the ball well.

I really hope you're Mike Brown or at least Marvin Lewis in disguise because my pants just exploded in excitement Ninja  Lol, great mock man.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright, haven't done one yet and have the time today, here we go....

1st Round - Billy Price C Ohio State - We pick the first Center at 21, the guy that fits the mold of what our new O-line coach
wants. Physical, nasty and smart. Will be able to play come Training Camp and then he can start to gel, can handle big NT's and
is great at run blocking and in pass protection. Dalton finally will have a nice pocket to step into.

2nd Round - Isiaah Wynn G Georgia - Somehow he falls cause he is a bit undersized, but the guy is so versatile we cannot
pass him up. He can play RG or RT for us in a pinch and is great technically in both the run and passing game. The O-line is fixed.

I'm a big fan of every single player in this mock. My only criticisms are...
I think Wynn will go before Price.
Andrews and Bates feel (at least) a round later than I think they'll go.

:andy: :andy: :andy:
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 07:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Love it and hope those are our first two picks no matter what order they come.

Could see it vice versa as well.  

Like the rest and the trade too. Nice job

They could definately go the other way around, i just wanted a Mock that had us not gambling and waiting till 2 and
Drafting the Center. You never know how the Draft is going to shake out. Thanks brother.

(03-25-2018, 09:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great mock, I'd be thrilled with that haul.  If McCray is there, when you have us taking him, he will be the sleeper that shines.

Thanks Sunset. ThumbsUp

McCray could be very good, i think that he is more of an NFL ready prospect than many cause he is so smart.

Not the greatest athlete but he is a leader and knows the game. We need smart Linebackers, happy we got Preston but
adding Griffin and McCray would really solidy the group IMO.

(03-26-2018, 04:19 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: That's a great draft, although you may be a little optimistic about some of those guys being there.

For sure, but great players fall every Draft a lot further than i think they would.

(03-26-2018, 06:34 AM)Takedown Wrote: I really hope you're Mike Brown or at least Marvin Lewis in disguise because my pants just exploded in excitement Ninja  Lol, great mock man.

Alright. Cool  Had us waiting on the Linebackers till the mid rounds like Jim O said we would. I mean it is possible. Thank you.

(03-26-2018, 10:08 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm a big fan of every single player in this mock. My only criticisms are...
I think Wynn will go before Price.
Andrews and Bates feel (at least) a round later than I think they'll go.

:andy: :andy: :andy:

Could be correct, just thought i would change it up from the norm, yah never know. Thanks Ocho. Rock On
Reply/Quote
ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Ya, that'll make me and lil buddy extremely happy come draft time if it ends up this way. I don't think I can come up with one any better.  I'd maybe add a Hawkeye late just to appease the local Iowans around here.   ThumbsUp
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Great job!! I'd be extremely ecstatic if this was the way it fell!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 05:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Thanks Mike.

(03-26-2018, 05:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ya, that'll make me and lil buddy extremely happy come draft time if it ends up this way. I don't think I can come up with one any better.  I'd maybe add a Hawkeye late just to appease the local Iowans around here.   ThumbsUp

What is a late round Hawkeye that might last till the 7th man?

(03-27-2018, 12:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Great job!! I'd be extremely ecstatic if this was the way it fell!

Thanks, i am switching Wynn and Price but the Mock will stay the same, i just see Wynn not lasting past our pick now and
Price could last till the 2nd with his pectoral injury and the fact he has shorter arms and didn't play in the SEC like Ragnow.

I think Ragnow and Daniels will be the first two Centers taken now.
Reply/Quote